Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I was bored so I did this, I took the official translation and reworded the lyrics to fit the melody, similar to how Funimation does it. Try reading the lyrics with the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqujACri6qs&feature=related

Rise in the morning, Let's set out- right before dawn

Back on that journey- full of unforeseen tomorrows

It's our choice- one we do not, regret.

(Oh I know what I’m supposed to do now)

It doesn't matter- what trials, lie ahead,

Nothing can stop- this beating heart- an' you know what it says?

That there's only one place, to go~

(Fly to the light)

Through thick an' thin our bond's been forged through battle!

You think you'll break it but OH- you've got it coming now!

These clenched up fists will bring you down on your knees- I swear it,

An' you'll call me king!

We're ready to go!

The brand new world we've waited for is calling!

I want you to know though-

That seas can't spilt us- world can't hit us,

we're invincible!

Just trust in me, and we will see

The things we've set our minds to be

But just don't forge~t-

We Fight Together!

I've ne~ver lost those mem~ories

Of the vast blue sky- taunting me with words of treasure, and ad-venture~

Since then I know that we have come a long way,

Each of our hearts a diff'rent pledge- a diff'rent say~

As for mine, there's no doubt,

These things are with us forever...

The sun will rise

It's rays will brighten- 'our days- will lighten- surely

This- I believe in,

The present guides us, 'future binds us, 'till- we are one piece

The dawn has come, let's get things done

You are my crew- 'can't replace you

But just don't forge~t-

We fight together.

Hooray for boredom.

Edited by Inferno

I'd say just read the story summary on a wiki and only watch/ read the stuff that really stood out or seemed really cool to you on said summary, that's what I did, and just keep going from there, though not telling you to do anything you don't want to.

At the very least, One Piece is like the first Dragon Ball, but deeper and wider. *Nintendo E3 joke >w>*

So, I saw the Summer Wars dub last night.

Wow.

This has to be the first time where I've ever seen a dub done so well that I don't even prefer the Japanese version by a slight margin. The dub is every bit as good as the original Japanese version. I mean, even very good dubs will generally tend to have at least one or two voices that don't particularly suit the characters, but for Summer Wars, the dub is basically identical except for the language being spoken.

I think the fact it's a standalone movie helps too, though. With ongoing series, no matter how good a dub is, I'll generally prefer the Japanese voices simply because it's what I'm used to and more familiar with. But since it's a one-off movie, there's not really much room for me to grow attached to either cast to 'get used to' or prefer one over the other. The dub voices are all well-suited to the characters and well-acted, so no complaints there whatsoever.

But yeah, love Summer Wars. King Kazma is totally badass and I want his babies. laugh.gif

After putting off Geass for weeks due to end-of-year shenanigans I've gotten myself back to watching it.

Just saw the Euphy scene.

"Ok." is about the only reaction I can surmise.

After putting off Geass for weeks due to end-of-year shenanigans I've gotten myself back to watching it.

Just saw the Euphy scene.

"Ok." is about the only reaction I can surmise.

I was actually taking it seriously the whole time it happened. Maybe I missed something but I was under the impression that Lelouch chose when to use his Geass so having it just go off suddenly was pretty shocking.

Then I let it sink in and the realization came that that was fucking stupid.

I was actually taking it seriously the whole time it happened. Maybe I missed something but I was under the impression that Lelouch chose when to use his Geass so having it just go off suddenly was pretty shocking.

Then I let it sink in and the realization came that that was fucking stupid.

Yep... he fucked up...

I also love the fact that by the end of Geass you find out his mother is still alive (I guess) with his father... lol

The whole thing served as a cheap catalyst to progress the plot and give Lelouch a reason to continue the war with Brittania and make Suzaka more heroic(because in all honestly, he was the bad guy up to that point). It just seemed so out of character for Lelouch to even joke about that. Up to that point, the writing was sublime.

Up until that point he had controlled it, but he knew full well that it would end up going to the "always on" position after awhile. And even if he hadn't known, saying what he did was so stupidly out of character that it basically derailed the rest of the season.

Then R2 happened and shit like that happened every other episode, at which point you might as well just watch it for the amazing technicolor explosions for all the good trying to follow the plot will do you.

Edited by Tornado

Up until that point he had controlled it, but he knew full well that it would end up going to the "always on" position after awhile. And even if he hadn't known, saying what he did was so stupidly out of character that it basically derailed the rest of the season.

It was like the writer wanted to give the viewers a reason to hate Lelouche or justify putting him down.

Then R2 happened and shit like that happened every other episode, at which point you might as well just watch it for the amazing technicolor explosions for all the good trying to follow the plot will do you.

Are you trying to talk me out of watching R2 now like you talked me out of Sonic 4?

Are you trying to talk me out of watching R2 now like you talked me out of Sonic 4?

R2 is totally worth watching. But don't expect anything along the lines of the carefully crafted scripts that the first season had. I mean, the plot technically makes sense (for the most part), but so much shit happens at once that you have to have a study guide to keep track (or you need to rewatch the entire thing at least twice).

R2 plays out like it stole some pages from the same book Kojima used to write Metal Gear Solid 2. Plot twists are hidden within plot twists. Revenge plots are pitted against other revenges plots (only for both to fail because of the actions done for a third revenge plot). Plans to stab people in the back are ruined when the person doing the plotting is stabbed in the back. The main plot talks about Eugenics, then it abandons it to talk about Social Darwinism, then it backtracks and talks about Eugenics again, then it reveals that it was talking about Social Darwinism all along. Etc.

If you sat down and really tried, you could probably figure out what the fuck is going on in your first watch-through, but I gave up after Episode 8 (maybe 9) and just enjoyed the ride, electing to rewatch later to try to catch the stuff I missed. Again, I don't want to act as if I regret watching it, or that you shouldn't. It is absolutely worth viewing at least once. But you won't get anything along the lines of what happened in the first season (not during the first viewing at least). There's nothing subtle about R2, and the first time you watch it will seem like they were throwing shit at the wall to see what stuck (which, having watched R2 as a whole twice and certain episodes more times than that, isn't really accurate, but might as well be considering how difficult some of the stuff is to explain).

Edited by Tornado

I liked R2, though not as much as I did the first part. It's still good in my opinion, of course by the end of it all I find all characters to be douchebags but hey that's just me.

1.jpg

NEW GENDUMS!!

More information regarding merchandise and the storyline and all that crap can be found here.

Personally, I am a little bit excited.

I recently caught up with Naruto for the first time since 7th grade. And I just found out Hinata Confessed her feelings to Naruto O_O Must keep reading.....

1.jpg

What are Inazuma Eleven characters doing in Gundam? Seriously though I hope this turns out decent. I've always been a bit too overwhelmed by the series to get into it but watching it as it airs should be a nice way to ease myself in.

On another note, I had told myself that I'd give myself a break from Geass for a few days after seeing the first season. Then the ending happened. Just... what the fuck. Gotta see R2 soon now.

Watched a few more episodes.

Question: I am confused by Lelouch's intentions. Does he want revenge on Brittania or does he want Japan to be a sovereign state? If it is the latter, then why the fuck does he care what Nunnally and Suzaku want because they are both being moronic oppressors. It is easy to be idealistic when you are the oppressive one, isn't it?

Question: I am confused by Lelouch's intentions. Does he want revenge on Brittania or does he want Japan to be a sovereign state? If it is the latter, then why the fuck does he care what Nunnally and Suzaku want because they are both being moronic oppressors. It is easy to be idealistic when you are the oppressive one, isn't it?

He wants to find his dad and fuck him up, basically.

Everything he does in R2 is basically a calculated move to piss off his father enough to bring him out so Lelouch can take potshots at him. That's why he switches motivations/allegiances like 10 times over the course of the season (its not a spoiler, because its telegraphed several episodes ahead of time), and why he starts doing shit that seems completely at odds with everything that he was trying to do in season one.

Edited by Tornado