Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Double-posts are bad and I should feel bad.

Anyway, this is me writing a mental note that happens to benefit everyone else, so I'll post it in public.

Haruhi "Season 2" is released on Monday over in Region 2 - and my copy has shipped, yay! - but in reality they took the original run and doubled the number of episodes. That and Haruhi's infamous multiple viewing orders and youknowallthiswhygointoit.

Anyway, that means I need to work out the chronological order somewhere in DVD terms because I now have a 28 episode series confusingly out of order on seven discs. X_x

So here we go, this is the full chronological episode order based on the DVD episode orders - and I will forever loathe them for making the Asuhina episode number 00 on the original DVDs and confusing the crap out of everyone even more:

Haruhi Chronological Order (DVD Numbering Version)

Volume 1: Episodes 00 - 13 (14 total)

Volume 2: Episodes 01 - 14 (14 total)

Total: 28 episodes

Watch the episodes continuously unless otherwise directed. After a shift in the order, continue to watch continuously from the shifted point until it shifts again.

Bold indicates a deviation from the DVD order at this point in the chronology; the next episode is not the one it would be in the DVD order.

Note that the episode list begins from a shifted point; Volume 1 Episode 00 is not the first episode chronologically.

===============

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (6 parts)
S1E01 01 S1E02 02 S1E03 03 S1E04 04 S1E05 05 S1E06 06 ===============
The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya
S1E07 07 ===============
Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
S2E01 08 ===============
Mystérique Sign
S1E08 09 ===============
Remote Island Syndrome (2 parts)
S1E09 10 S1E10 11 ===============
Endless Eight (8 parts)
S2E02 12 S2E03 13 S2E04 14 S2E05 15 S2E06 16 S2E07 17 S2E08 18 S2E09 19 ===============
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya
S2E10 20 S2E11 21 S2E12 22 S2E13 23 S2E14 24 ===============
The Adventures of Mikuru Asuhina Episode 00
S1E00 25 ===============
Live Alive
S1E11 26 ===============
The Day of Sagittarius
S1E12 27 ===============
Someday in the Rain

S1E13 28

===============

Silly show with its trollerific episode order. Hopefully that helps you out too as well as me.

I'm sure there is a joke to be made about how much space Endless Eight would take on a DVD, but my sleep-deprived brain can't think of it.

..... Didn't see this thread.

Yes I'm looking forward to the Fairy Tail dub, I wonder how it'll sound, hahaha.

I recently just caught up The World God Only knows, and since I have nothing else to do I started watching Durarara!! last night. Summer has been awfully boring so I've been watching so much freaking anime to keep myself busy. I haven't watched this much since Middle school.

I have about three/four friends who really like Code Geass, I guess I'll start watching that soon too =/ *sigh*

Been watching KenIchi: The Mightiest Disciple on Netflix lately. Not bad. I will start watching Black Butler once I finish KenIchi, because it looks and sounds very good, plus it's the most popular anime right now.

Where my Nichibros at? I need you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3pWcB7O7y8

God, I love Hyadain. I had no idea he made Super Mario Western Show, that makes him about 10x more epic.

I personally like the first opening better, but this one isn't so bad.

The second ending might seem familiar to some of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy-hvKOlmwU&feature=related

I can't wait to watch this episode, damn it!

Wtaching Darker Than Black, I like it, though its a lot different than what I thought it would be and I don't really understand what's going on but it has violence :).

Blood-C was great. Vague, but great. And Saya, this time is incredibly ditzy.

I like it! Seems like a teen Sakura without the Clow Cards and blood-centric magic. :D

I like the new OP for Nichijou, but I'm not much of a fan of the ED. Episode 14 was still class as always tho'. It's Nichijou.

Blue Exorcist is getting quite interesting now. I'm glad I've been keeping up with it. Amaimon is cooler than I initially thought.

I'm just waiting for the next episode of Steins;Gate right now. I'm hoping things won't get redundant based on the last episode.

Edited by Chooch

I like the new OP for Nichijou, but I'm not much of a fan of the ED. Episode 14 was still class as always tho'. It's Nichijou.

Blue Exorcist is getting quite interesting now. I'm glad I've been keeping up with it. Amaimon is cooler than I initially thought.

I'm just waiting for the next episode of Steins;Gate right now. I'm hoping things won't get redundant based on the last episode.

I thought I was the only one on this forum watching Nichijou.

Steins;Gate is pretty good, someone should put a leash on that little girl though, that was fucked up.

And Gosick ended, and well I thought it was a nice show with some decent characters and I'll leave it at that.

And finally, I guess I'll catch up with Fairy Tail and whatever else I haven't been keeping up with.

I don't know why you would be the only person watching Nichijou. It's absolutely fantastic. Really it is.

If anything I feel like I'm the only person in my group of friends watching and enjoying Blue Exorcist.

Edited by Chooch

If anything I feel like I'm the only person in my group of friends watching and enjoying Blue Exorcist.

Haha, no you're not, because it's my favorite on-going manga right now.

The newest episode was fun to watch, and the newest chapter of the manga (Which I had to read in Spanish because there's no English translation yet :/) was just so... so cute. I can't wait for more. =)

Edit: I do love the anime since its a great adaption of the manga, but I'm not really looking forward to how it ends, I can see it pulling a Pandora Hearts and end with nothing getting resolved, really. =/

Edited by Melru

I thought I was the only one on this forum watching Nichijou.
I thought I was the only one watching it.

Although I barely ever come into this topic so it's not like I'd know.

I've not watched Nichijou (or anything else from the spring season for that matter) but very much want to only because glasses girl and brown hair girl are both very cute and I'm jealous of the way they move their hips.

I guess it looks funny too

And here it comes...

Winter Season-YAY!

Spring Season-OK!

Summer Season...

normal_Homerdisgust.jpg?t=1242137934

Kami-sama no Memo-chō (Yes, reasoning cute girl and drugs... hopefully someone dies :D)

Dantalian no Shoka (Gainax... though not an original)

Blood-C (I liked Blood-... might like this)

Baka to Test to Shōkanjū Ni! (Liked and buying the first season, will hopefully enjoy this season)

That's it... for me, I stand firm on it too, unless they all end up shitty and I just watch out of boredom.

Any SHAFT anime? Also:

>No Usagi Drop

I guess I'll watch Usagi Drop, Baka to Test 2 (Need to watch those OVAs and the last episode of season 1), and that Gainax one you listed. I'm only interested in Persona 4 and Lupin for Autumn.

I'm only interested in Persona 4 and Lupin for Autumn.

WHA? They're making a Persona 4 anime? AWESOME.

Any SHAFT anime? Also:

>No Usagi Drop

I guess I'll watch Usagi Drop, Baka to Test 2 (Need to watch those OVAs and the last episode of season 1), and that Gainax one you listed. I'm only interested in Persona 4 and Lupin for Autumn.

Oh the autumn list is out now *checks*

Well this is all I'm definitely watching from that list

Shakugan no Shana III (I've been looking forward to the finale, I hope they don't fuck it up), Mirai Nikki (oh, there will be blood), De Geso (...simply, De Geso), Fate/Zero

Will check out:

Persona 4, C3 (please don't be a harem disguised as something that sounds interesting)

Wtaching Darker Than Black, I like it, though its a lot different than what I thought it would be and I don't really understand what's going on but it has violence :).

Chinese Electric Batman being awesome. That is all you need to know.

The first summer anime I watched was Kamisama No Memo-cho, and the first episode was actually two episodes long and I thought it was nice. It's like Gosick with the small frail girl solving mysteries, and the male just doing whatever she says. If it sticks with what its doing now I can see myself enjoying this in the long run, unlike that pile of shit J.C. Staff aired over the spring season (Hidan no Aria).

While I'm talking about that shitty show, here's what I disliked about:

1. Everything feels so fucking tacked on that I literally banged my head on my desk. First the reveal that Aria is Sherlock Holmes the 4th, then comes the other girl Riko who is Lupin the 4th... then another one comes a long and she's a fucking descendant of Joan of Arc. If that is not enough of a convoluted mess, we find out that the last big surprise of the season is that the villain is Count Dracula... This story line is abysmal like it was put together by a child. I tried to like this because I've liked shows like Shana, and Toradora but this... this is just horrible.

2. Character designs, so unimaginative looks like they took traits from previous characters of this type (Shana, Taiga, etc...) and fused them together to create some monstrosity.

3. All characters are annoying.

4. I'd rather watch Bleach. :o

>Gonzo

>Die for two years

>Return and immediately create the best anime of the decade

It even has a Hyadin ED, doesn't get better than that

Well, my Katanagatari arrived yesterday, I didn't get a chance to watch it. However, today is not yesterday and I watched two episodes, good I like it so far. I thought the art style would be a major turn off for me but I'm actually liking it more and more. NISA did a nice job this set, though I haven't completely flipped through the artbook because I din't want to spoil anything for myself.