Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I hope I'm not the only one who watched Usagi Drop.

I don't even know when everything is airing so I can download them (unlicensed streams) or stream them... Only one I've watched was Kamisama no Memocho, which i thought had a good start. That and I'm busy playing L4D co-op with a friend and don't feel like watching anime at the moment:P.

One Piece Gigant Battle 2 announced. Spoilers for Anime-only viewers.

sage129492.jpg

http://www.gonintend...y.php?id=162793

Release is Fall 2011.

The game probably won't reach the US, but Europe (Except maybe UK. They didn't get the first for some reason, despite the game having an English translation) has a good chance.

Looks nice. Sprites are looking good, but I hope all Straw Hats are playable this time. Apparently there'll be 40 characters, but who knows if that counts support characters.

Game's full name is One Piece Grand Battle 2 - New World. Confirmed levels so far are Gray Terminal and Thousand Sunny (Under The Sea). Characters are Akainu, Blackbeard, Luffy, Chopper, Robin, Zoro and Sanji from what I can see in the screens. The Straw Hats have their post-Timeskip designs.

Edit: Higher quality image.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

So Deadman Wonderland is fucking awesome and you should watch it right here. However it is very obviously only half-done right now. The manga is still ongoing currently so I expect the anime will be finished off when the manga concludes.

Still in the meantime, pure win even half-done, watch it right now.

So Deadman Wonderland is fucking awesome and you should watch it right here. However it is very obviously only half-done right now. The manga is still ongoing currently so I expect the anime will be finished off when the manga concludes.

Still in the meantime, pure win even half-done, watch it right now.

Watched the first episode of Sacred Seven. Action near the end was good but some other things (combat maids for no reason, female lead looks like a 12-year old, etc) are really stupid and annoying. Going to see a few more episodes at least.

Edited by Ekaje

Just started watching Black Butler a few days ago. Excellent series so far. It's very dark and compelling, it's kind of creepy, and it's also funny every now and then. I highly recommend watching it.

Just started watching Black Butler a few days ago. Excellent series so far. It's very dark and compelling, it's kind of creepy, and it's also funny every now and then. I highly recommend watching it.

Really? I've been seeing soooo much of it lately on other communities, decided to give it a whirl earlier in the week, and thought it was OK. The first episode was definitely creepy but kept me watching, but unfortunately I got bored by the second.

Tell me if its really good after that to see if its worth watching 8)

Edit: Saw the new Blue Exorcist episode! Gyaaaa I'm loving the show 8D

Edited by Melru

I'll keep this one brief.

I'm seriously considering picking up Chobits on DVD (found it for £25). Yes/no? Why/why not?

One Piece Gigant Battle 2 announced. Spoilers for Anime-only viewers.

sage129492.jpg

http://www.gonintend...y.php?id=162793

Release is Fall 2011.

The game probably won't reach the US, but Europe (Except maybe UK. They didn't get the first for some reason, despite the game having an English translation) has a good chance.

Looks nice. Sprites are looking good, but I hope all Straw Hats are playable this time. Apparently there'll be 40 characters, but who knows if that counts support characters.

Game's full name is One Piece Grand Battle 2 - New World. Confirmed levels so far are Gray Terminal and Thousand Sunny (Under The Sea). Characters are Akainu, Blackbeard, Luffy, Chopper, Robin, Zoro and Sanji from what I can see in the screens. The Straw Hats have their post-Timeskip designs.

Edit: Higher quality image.

Official Site opened:

http://www.bandaigam...or.jp/list/opj/

It shows 50 of 100 support charactes, fromwhat I understand.

Official Blog also opened:

http://blog.opgb2.ga...on.co.jp/?eid=2

Reveals Chopper is working on game:

20110711_2031289.jpg

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm seriously considering picking up Chobits on DVD (found it for £25). Yes/no? Why/why not?

Chobits was a very pleasant show, I liked it a lot. Not enough to buy it, but then I only buy shows I find absolutely incredible. But yeah, good show, good dub too, I would go ahead and say yes.

Nichijou 15 was the best episode so far, in my opinion. I was like, actually laughing for a great portion of it. :3

Durarara is a hell of alot bearable in english. These kind of anime are torture when youhave to read at the pace of their talking. Then,again, JOHNNY YONG FUCKING BOSCH is voicing Izaya so...

I don't know anything about it besides summaries I just looked up and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aVvETNngco, but it seems really dumb and creepy.

EDIT: Fine, if it isn't as creepy as it seems, go for it I guess.

Edited by Ekaje

I don't know anything about it besides summaries I just looked up and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aVvETNngco, but it seems really dumb and creepy.

Sir.

Sir.

No.

As someone who has watched Chobits before, I can say that while it may not be a masterpiece, it's anything but really dumb and creepy.

So, Velotix, go for it. It's a lot of fun to watch.

Really? I've been seeing soooo much of it lately on other communities, decided to give it a whirl earlier in the week, and thought it was OK. The first episode was definitely creepy but kept me watching, but unfortunately I got bored by the second.

Tell me if its really good after that to see if its worth watching 8)

Edit: Saw the new Blue Exorcist episode! Gyaaaa I'm loving the show 8D

I'm on episode 11 right now. I say you should keep watching it.

BTW, I haven't seen this Blue Exorcist thing that everyone else on this forum has been talking about, hell, I never even HEARD of it until the people on here mentioned it.

Also, once I finish Black Butler, which anime should I watch next? Here is my list of ones I want to watch:

Panty and Stocking

Cowboy Bebop (I saw the movie years ago, but I never saw the series)

High School of the Dead

Haruhi Suzumiya

Fooly Cooly

Dururara!

Neon Genesis Evangelion

The Boondocks

And a few questions about those I want to watch:

1. Isn't Haruhi Suzumiya a really sad anime or something? I remember hearing from someone that it's really sad. I enjoy a good cry.

2. I heard that Dururara! is about gangs or something like that. Is that true?

3. I heard that there is a scene in the uncut version of Neon Genesis Evangelion in which two gay guys get in a bath together. Is this true?

BTW, I haven't seen this Blue Exorcist thing that everyone else on this forum has been talking about, hell, I never even HEARD of it until the people on here mentioned it.

Also, once I finish Black Butler, which anime should I watch next? Here is my list of ones I want to watch:

Panty and Stocking

High School of the Dead

Haruhi Suzumiya

Fooly Cooly

Dururara!

Neon Genesis Evangelion

The Boondocks

1. Isn't Haruhi Suzumiya a really sad anime or something? I remember hearing from someone that it's really sad. I enjoy a good cry.

3. I heard that there is a scene in the uncut version of Neon Genesis Evangelion in which two gay guys get in a bath together. Is this true?

Panty and Stocking

High School of the Dead

Haruhi Suzumiya

Fooly Cooly

Dururara!

Neon Genesis Evangelion

The Boondocks

Isn't an anime but it is a watchable show none the less.

Everything on that list bar possibly High School of the Dead deserves a watch (and even then that's probably me being biased because the fact is I enjoyed that show when I watched it). I can say this with confidence because recommending not to watch Eva is like recommending not to breathe if you have even the slightest interest in anime; dumb. I know this and I still haven't watched it (that whole which version to buy dilemma thing).

I'd watch them in this order:

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Fooly Cooly

Haruhi Suzumiya

Durarara!

Panty and Stocking

High School of the Dead

Cowboy Bebop

Then stick a comedy or upbeat fluff show of some sort after Bebop. Lucky Star and Azumanga Daioh are both especially good choices as direct antitheses to something like Bebop in style, tone and content.

This isn't an "order of quality", more an "order to prevent genre burnout". I do the same when watching shows myself so I don't overdose on light and fuzzy nor dark and gritty; it leaves you better at appreciating everything you watch, and why most recently I followed up Code Geass with Haruhi, and then dove into Trigun.

EDIT: Forgot the questions.

Nothing in Haruhi is depressing in the least, although the series has a number of strong emotional points to counter the fluff. IMO the series is at its worst when it's leaning on its background of faction wars you never see threatening the world and at its best when it's focusing on slice of life with the main cast. You'll get extremes of both at some point. Also with Haruhi be careful what order you watch it in because the episodes are out of order, in keeping with the manga. Watching them in order has the series make far more sense and ultimately ends up being more enjoyable and makes the infamous Endless Eight less annoying. (Yes, really.)

Durarara!, like its older sister title Baccano! set in the same universe, takes a major event in a specific place at a specific point in time and examines it in fine detail with virtually every character introduced - examining the event itself eventually but at first focusing on the fallout it leaves behind. Put another way, you get to experience the life and times of the characters you encounter in the plot in unusually intimate detail.

Durarara! and Baccano! are both very highly recommended, and you will enjoy Durarara! a little more if you watch Baccano! first, otherwise you can't appreciate the random cameo that I will not spoil.

As for the major event in question, yes it has something to do with gangs in Tokyo and I'll leave it at that so as not to spoil the series.

Edited by Velotix Lexovetikan

Then stick a comedy or upbeat fluff show of some sort after Bebop. Lucky Star and Azumanga Daioh are both especially good choices as direct antitheses to something like Bebop in style, tone and content.

I've seen Lucky Star and Azumanga Daioh.

Nothing in Haruhi is depressing in the least, although the series has a number of strong emotional points to counter the fluff. IMO the series is at its worst when it's leaning on its background of faction wars you never see threatening the world and at its best when it's focusing on slice of life with the main cast. You'll get extremes of both at some point. Also with Haruhi be careful what order you watch it in because the episodes are out of order, in keeping with the manga. Watching them in order has the series make far more sense and ultimately ends up being more enjoyable and makes the infamous Endless Eight less annoying. (Yes, really.)

Yeah, I've heard that from a lot of people that the episodes are out of order, so you need to see them in the correct order. I'll have to look up the order that they go in before I watch it.

Durarara!, like its older sister title Baccano! set in the same universe, takes a major event in a specific place at a specific point in time and examines it in fine detail with virtually every character introduced - examining the event itself eventually but at first focusing on the fallout it leaves behind. Put another way, you get to experience the life and times of the characters you encounter in the plot in unusually intimate detail.

Durarara! and Baccano! are both very highly recommended, and you will enjoy Durarara! a little more if you watch Baccano! first, otherwise you can't appreciate the random cameo that I will not spoil.

As for the major event in question, yes it has something to do with gangs in Tokyo and I'll leave it at that so as not to spoil the series.

Thanks, I'll watch Baccano! before Dururara! then.

Thank you for the advice! :)

I posted it in public because I thought it would help other people. Guess I was right. Haruhi Season 2 only just came out here so I got it last week. :D