Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

If you really want to go beyond the obvious that Father was evil for no reason, what he actually wanted was to live and have a family. It's why he took advantage of Hohenheim to get a body and why he created the homonculi. He was just a poor little dwarf inside a flask who wanted to be free and it's actually kinda interesting I think. They didn't do a good job at explaining that so he came off as generic but he really did have a motive.

Exactly. I was very intrigued by Father and absolutely loved the episode explaining his backstory. But then it's almost as if Arakawa went out of her way to make him seem generic. What if all those souls he consumed to create his stone kept their identities and could talk to him like they did with Hohenheim? What if the motive for his plan was to consume all of these people was to become their father?

Nope. He wants the power of God. Meh. :/

One part I do think is worth mentioning though is the episode where

Mustang finds out that Envy killed Hughes and completely snaps.

I LOVED it. Brotherhood, as a whole, just doesn't seem as emotional as the original did, but this episode showed it was definitely capable of going to that level when it wanted to.

Was rewatching Highschool of the Dead, amazing how so much potential can go flying out the window when the creator focuses too much on ass and titties and I'm someone who enjoys shows with fanservice.

Yeah! I know right, It starts so well and then goes down the shitter so quickly. I could swallow a dew of the weird panty shots/jiggle moments and the start... but some of later stuff is just urgh. MAybe I'm not MAN ENOUGH to enjoy the titty onslaught?

I know a girl who still swears it's a good show though.... I don't really get where she sees the appeal in it, hahaha

Saw Akira last night. Great movie, but it was very freaky and disturbing. The mutation scene near the end was so disturbing, I actually had to turn away during most of that part (and this is coming from the person who barely gets freaked out or disturbed by things). It also doesn't help that I was watching this movie very late at night (about 11:00 or so). But anyway, it was a great movie, I really enjoyed it, and it has become one of my favorite movies.

Going to watch My Neighbor Totoro next.

Totoro's awesome. Loved that movie. I used to have it on video from FOX.

I come in this thread wondering what I should post... I guess I'll talk about Myself;Yourself... It sucked, the end.

I'm still getting a feel for the summer shows, but I only know one I'm more than likely going to stick with and that's Kamisama no Memo-cho because I like mystery shows. Guess its a good thing Nichijou, Steins;Gate, and Tiger and Bunny are still airing. Gonna see if I can find something nice to download... fanservice or no fanservice, anime is beginning to get stale to me.

Edited by Silencer226

If you don't care for plot and just want to see Megaman blow shit up, Sacred Seven is pretty good.

Funimation on Demand has Gun X Sword up, a series I've been meaning to check out for a long time. Feels like Trigun vs. Cowboy Bebop after a few episodes. Not quite sure how I feel about that yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

After seeing it on adult swim I started watching Durarara, but that was just by chance. Still not sure what I should watch after it.

So what are some of your favorite opening and ending themes?

No one else needs to post. This is everyone's favorite.

• Thumbs Up 1

No one else needs to post. This is everyone's favorite.

Um.. no, afraid not. :D

Edited by Silencer226

Funimation on Demand has Gun X Sword up, a series I've been meaning to check out for a long time. Feels like Trigun vs. Cowboy Bebop after a few episodes. Not quite sure how I feel about that yet.

That's pretty much what the series is, its not bad it could've been better though.

GAGAGA GAGAGA GAOGAIGAR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl7BJB3Lm-M

Every time I see this into, I feel like I could knock-out a rabid gorilla with my limbs tied down.

I also really intros with some SHINING FINGAH, among other things.

Edited by gunther

Anime OPs? No contest. Like at all.

ZETSUBOU SHITTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

op 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kjuVGK-rmU&feature=related

also OP3!

All pretty much completely unrelated to the show, all brilliant!

Bonus round: The random magical girl show parody OP

basically sayonara zetsubou sensei rules.

Anyone watching anything this season? Still following Kaiji but I'm thinking of checking out Penguin Drum too, yet not too sure about it yet, lol

One Piece's very first opening will always have a special place in my heart. Always been my favorite theme in the series due to really sounding like the main theme and not just some licensed J-Pop/Rock song with superficial connection. The animation is pretty dynamic here too, showing off spinning camera angles to make the fights seem intense. I really hated the TVXQ version though, would have preferred they got JAM Project to do it instead for the 10th anniversary opening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NokxznEqHk

Also, Re: Cutie Honey's opening is awesome. Great song, appealing art and animation, and an onslaught of sexy that puts every other fanservice-laden opening sequence to shame. Delicious in every way.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ef Tale of Memories in a heartbeat for openings. The opening animation slightly changes from episode to episode, just link to the first opening, and then the full opening. >_>

First Episode Opening:

Full Opening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m4s1rgBN9I

Edited by Dusk Golem

Although I was totally serious about GROOOOOVIN MAGIC being the best OP ever, here are more that I adore:

The song is fantastic, it's animated nicely. Also at some point in the show an alien tears a girl apart through her vagina or something. It's a perfect match! (and that's why I love it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfTvOEortY0

This song is so so so pretty and so is the art style, and there really couldn't possibly be a better song for this show.

Edited by Noire