Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I really liked My-Hime. Good production values all around. The ending is kind of a cop-out ending, but it's still good for the most part. Love the hell outta Natsuki, just for the record.

I really liked My-Hime. Good production values all around. The ending is kind of a cop-out ending, but it's still good for the most part. Love the hell outta Natsuki, just for the record.

I AGREE. sad.gif

EDIT:

Well, I only made it through episode 7 of Madoka tonight, but damn... shit's getting real.

Edited by Snatcher2047

No one else needs to post. This is everyone's favorite.

Haha I don't care much for the song, but then again I don't care for really ANY anime opening themes closing themes unless they are instrumental like Trigun or Cowboy Bebop's...or if I can understand them like Deadman Wonderland's (CUZ ITS IN ENGLISH WUT).

But I do wanna say that Diebuster was super awesome, I wanted more. Lark was my favourite andDix-Neuf is also super rad too.

Anyway I haven't been watching a lot of anime really lately. A lot of anime doesn't really catch my attention right now/in general, but I do have to say that I enjoyed Deadman Wonderland lots and hope it gets a second season. It was the only anime I watched last season lol. But THIS WONDERFUL PIECE OF SOMETHING HAS COME OUT (but now I need subs sad.gif)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSDJvt49Swk

FINALLY.

Edited by Punk

I always wanted to watch Hellsing, but I was turned off by this recent Vampire fascination and I didn't want to feed that.

Although the Dampyr, Ragna the Bloodedge, the snootiest vampire you ever did see, Rachel Alucard, is starting to make me question my stance on the issue.

I always wanted to watch Hellsing, but I was turned off by this recent Vampire fascination and I didn't want to feed that.

Although the Dampyr, Ragna the Bloodedge, the snootiest vampire you ever did see, Rachel Alucard, is starting to make me question my stance on the issue.

Twilight will do that to ya.

I ended up watching the first episode of Madoka, not just to see everything for myself but also to get the opening track for a silly edit I made. I definitely will be watching the rest at another time.

Disappointed that I didn't add more about Japan's best thing in 2011? Have their new pedobear...thing.

Qb-at-the-park-023.jpg

I ended up watching the first episode of Madoka, not just to see everything for myself but also to get the opening track for a silly edit I made. I definitely will be watching the rest at another time.

Disappointed that I didn't add more about Japan's best thing in 2011? Have their new pedobear...thing.

Qb-at-the-park-023.jpg

Those girls need to run...NOW!!

Its pretty much the only vampire related anything I actually really like haha. Granted I felt this way even before the whole Twilight craze, its been quite a few years (since grade 9 for me) that I've been into Hellsing. If every vampire was as cool as the ones in the anime I'd probably dig 'em a lot more. But as it stands Seras and Alucard are the only vampires I care about.

As for Rachel from BB...haha, she annoys me to no end.

I remember liking Hellsing as a teenager...then a really nerdy guy at my school ruined it by being an annoying fanboy about it. He was one of those super elitest anime fans, and yet he claimed the greatest anime ever was Naruto.

Anyway, yeah watch Hellsing, it's good.

I may have to look into Madoka at some point, the style looks pretty cute.

I'd recommend the Hellsing Ultimate line of anime to watch over the original TV series for people who are wanting to maybe give it a shot. While I liked the TV series version for its fitting music (it added to the atmosphere for sure and felt quite different), the Hellsing Ultimate series follows the manga story quite closely and its quite frankly the better story imo.

Oh I personally love the FLCL manga, it's really strange though, moreso than the anime if only for it's really rough art style (which I freaking adore) I don't think it follows the plot of the show that closely, it's definitely it's own thing, it follows some aspects but it's a very unique experience I don't think should be missed out on : o

EDIT: seems I replied to a really old post XD but I'll still stick to my guns, love the flcl manga!!

On a more present note, I was curious what are people's thoughts on this season's lineup?

Edited by DSP

How do they handle the bit in the anime where it goes manga style? Or is that not in there at all? That was something I've always wondered about the manga.

There is nothing that I want to watch really. That is my opinion on this season's lineup ahha. At least last season I had Deadman to keep me occupied. Tiger and Bunny is about the closest thing for me to watch I guess, but its kind of dumb at times and the only character I like from it is Kotetsu.

I know nothing about Tiger and Bunny except that a friend of mine likes drawing yaoi of who I guess are the main characters?

Actually the manga moments don't exist in the acutal manga XD it's a lot darker I think than the anime, I may have to reread to refresh my memory though.

I really like Tiger and Bunny, I especially like the world it's built up and kotetsu is really fun to watch. Deadman though was horribly boring imo D: doesn't help the main character keeps saying I'M GOING TO DO MY BEST and pretty much just flops around like a numpty, I had to drop it after three eps, as much as I enjoyed watching shiro it just grated on me.

Actually the manga moments don't exist in the acutal manga XD it's a lot darker I think than the anime, I may have to reread to refresh my memory though.

I really like Tiger and Bunny, I especially like the world it's built up and kotetsu is really fun to watch. Deadman though was horribly boring imo D: doesn't help the main character keeps saying I'M GOING TO DO MY BEST and pretty much just flops around like a numpty, I had to drop it after three eps, as much as I enjoyed watching shiro it just grated on me.

figured i post this, if you haven't seen this 5 minutes of awesomeness.

this was an opening to a japanese sci-fi con in the early 80s made by a amateur team of animators, they're nothing special, they just happened to become a small, unknown studio called, i dunno, GAINAX. Makers of Eva, FLCL, Gurren Lagann, Panty and stocking? Heard of those animu? they're obscure, of course you haven't.

seriously this is the definition of awesome. a girl in a bunny outfit surfing a flying sword, while kicking just the ass of about EVERY nerd property that existed up to 1983, to a kick-ass song? that's just cool.

Edited by Dr Jackstraw

I always loved Gainax of course but when I first saw that video and found out they were ELO fans... it was like they couldn't be a more incredible studio if they tried

I actually saw that before seeing FLCL which made Brittle Bullet all the more of an amazing episode

Finished Madoka. Wow... just wow.

I loved how the last three episodes just tied everything together so beautifully. Plus, it was great to see the fallen characters again, especially Mami. It wasn't a happy ending by any way shape or form, but it just felt right.

I think this might find it's way into my all-time top ten.

Finished Madoka. Wow... just wow.

I loved how the last three episodes just tied everything together so beautifully. Plus, it was great to see the fallen characters again, especially Mami. It wasn't a happy ending by any way shape or form, but it just felt right.

I think this might find it's way into my all-time top ten.

Its really bittersweet, considering the context from earlier episodes.

I finished My Hime, it was good up until the end when I witnessed the lamest cop out ever.

Everyone who died comes back to life joins forces and beats the villain... and everyone are friends again, despite the fact that they were all beating the shit out of each other less then 5 episodes ago.

Also, because there is no way in hell anyone is going to finish picking up the Moon Phase manga, I am forced to read the raw and by read, I mean look at the pretty pictures and figure out what the fuck is going on. Makes me scared to buy/support manga companies because all of them seem to drop a series I like before it ends... except Negima.

I warned you about My-Hime. LOL As for Moon Phase... yeah, I was pretty pissed that it was dropped after buying some 12 or so volumes before. But not as pissed as when Sakura Taisen/Wars was dropped. angry.gif

I warned you about My-Hime. LOL As for Moon Phase... yeah, I was pretty pissed that it was dropped after buying some 12 or so volumes before. But not as pissed as when Sakura Taisen/Wars was dropped. angry.gif

Finished Moon Phase... you know how shitty it is to just flip pages and not know what's going on? Well, thanks to the pictures I was somewhat able to get a basic understanding for what was happening. Now if only someone could I dunno, translate the fucking raw volumes 13-16 I could actually feel satisfied with the manga. I don't understand why Tokyopop decided it would be a good idea to just stop editing Moon Phase when it only had 4 more volumes to go, oh well they're dead now so fuck'em.