Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

figured i post this, if you haven't seen this 5 minutes of awesomeness.

Waaaaah it won't work for me! Says there's an error.

After watching the very dark and dare I say downright depressing Madoka series, I decided to cleanse my palette with the much lighter and dare I say downright silly magical girl series, MAGICAL PROJECT S aka the original Pretty Sammy TV series (not to be confused with the more recent and inferior Sasami: Magical Girls Club). I hadn't watched it in years, so it was almost like watching something new all over again.

Of the ridiculous ammount of Tenchi Muyo! spinoffs, this is one of the more enjoyable ones. It's also one of the only Tenchi Muyo! productions not to receive an English dub here in the States. Which kind of sucks, because I always like Sheryl Lynn's Sasami. But I highly enjoy the Japanese version anyway, since it's hilarious how Pixy Misa and the monster of the week constantly say phrases in English.

The show has great (although often over-the-top) comedy and Pixy Misa is just awesome. I think I'm going to be watching this one straight to the end.

Thinking about buying some more of the Soul Eater manga, I have the first 2 volumes but thought I'd let it get a little further a long so I won't have one of those "ugh... me want MOAR!" moments... they happen lol. I also might check out Pandora Hearts, I just hope I don't end up collecting another Moon Phase (get all the way to the final volumes and company decides to stop translating it)

It makes me mad looking at my manga bookshelves and all the dropped series I've gone through. Moon Phase, Sakura Taisen, Dorothy Of OZ, Ninja Nonsense, Shoulder-A-Coffin Kuro just to name a few. And although I don't believe it was ever "dropped", there's no guarantee when the next Shakugan no Shana graphic novel or written novel will be released.

Thinking about buying some more of the Soul Eater manga, I have the first 2 volumes but thought I'd let it get a little further a long so I won't have one of those "ugh... me want MOAR!" moments... they happen lol. I also might check out Pandora Hearts, I just hope I don't end up collecting another Moon Phase (get all the way to the final volumes and company decides to stop translating it)

I generally only buy two volumes of a manga now. Unless it's one of the short ones like the Monster Hunter one.

No. 6 is the most unintentionally hilarious anime I have seen in a long time.

Edited by Chooch

It makes me mad looking at my manga bookshelves and all the dropped series I've gone through. Moon Phase, Sakura Taisen, Dorothy Of OZ, Ninja Nonsense, Shoulder-A-Coffin Kuro just to name a few. And although I don't believe it was ever "dropped", there's no guarantee when the next Shakugan no Shana graphic novel or written novel will be released.

I gave up hope for Shana, Viz listed vol. 6 as the final volume, when it hasn't even come close to finishing off the story from the first season. I'm just glad that the anime is going to come to an end this Fall with season 3, then I won't have to worry about not knowing what happens.

Edit: after looking at volume 7 raw, I suppose the incest twins caressing each other in the nude is part of the reason why 7 may never see the light of day. And one of them looks like a trap... and some other nudity, other than that I don't see why 7 isn't out yet. Well, one reason I could think of would be there are only 9 volumes released in Japan, pretty much 3 volumes away from where the US is currently at, so they could be giving them time to spread out... *shrugs*

Edited by Silencer226

I guess I can understand that, it was disturbing enough watching those two going at it in the anime.

Been in the mood for supernatural movies and shows recently, so I checked out Ghost Hound. Now, I always planned on buying this before watching it but I had a free month of netflix, and watched 9 episodes, downloaded the rest for better quality. I liked it, and will definitely be buying it as soon as I feel comfortable enough to drop some change on it, right now I'm in a bit of financial fuckery, so I'll have to please my spending habits with manga, it's cheaper.

I finished My Hime, it was good up until the end when I witnessed the lamest cop out ever.

Everyone who died comes back to life joins forces and beats the villain... and everyone are friends again, despite the fact that they were all beating the shit out of each other less then 5 episodes ago.

Yeah, I thought the final battle wasn't that great but Mai Hime is actually one of my favorite animes ever =p

I guess the reason why the ending was meh was because the death of Takumi and Tate really hit hard, only for them to come back. It was a happy ending, at least.

I'm currently waiting for the second Macross Frontier movie to be released on Blu-Ray. (10/20/11)

Gonna try to get the hybrid pack for the extra content, meanwhile the trailer:

(Isamu Dyson's cameo @ 1:05)

YuYu Hakusho.....man I loved that Anime.

Ever since I as younger I used to always make room just to catch it on TV. Recently I got every episode and watched them all I have to say that its just as good as when I first saw it when I was younger.

I just caught up with Bakuman. That makes the fourth on-going series I'm following *sigh*

Its funny, I used to be into manga in middle school, got out of it entirely, then at the end of Sophomore year I'm way more into it than I was when I started. Now I'm in the position with "What do I read now...." haha. I'm not starting anymore for a while, though.

Bakuman was weird though, I saw the anime a long long time ago, but then I just started reading the manga again. To be honest I find it much more enjoyable than Death Note.

So as I have mentioned many times, I am on a quest to watch every relevant anime from 1990 onwards, plus the few exceptional special cases prior to 1990, and trimming out the stuff that doesn't appeal to me personally. Previously I posted a list of what I'd watched and what I was considering purchasing. That was back in late May. Now though the thing's so unwieldy that it's easier to link you a copy of my master document. Yup, I need a document to keep all this together.

As well as giving you an update on how my quest is coming along, I'm here to do some further checking up on stuff to add to the list, but it's more specific this time. On my original pass through the gigantic halls of anime past and present, I filtered out everything longer than 78 episodes. This has backfired because most of these shows are actually worth watching despite not being worth making myself broke buying them, but I'm sure I've forgotten a few. This was confirmed when I was only just reminded of YuYu Hakusho. Here's a copy of my Long Runners section, for everything longer than 78 episodes. What's missing from this list? (I'll let you know if something suggested is missing because I'm not interested in it, you're not mind readers. tongue.gif)

name * : is being watched or has been watched to some degree previously

name ¬ : is still being made; new episodes are still to come

name ~ : complete existing run unreleased in the EU in any legal form

Long Runners

Shows in this section are longer than 78 episodes and are (for now) being skipped to prevent me going broke – these tend to be popular enough to get TV airtime anyway; everything in this section needs to be at least watched to confirm I like it before getting into it hardcore, and these are giant enough to strongly consider watching them for free if I can help it. Like the other sections, only stuff I actually want to watch eventually is present here.

Bleach*¬

Doraemon ~

InuYasha ~

One Piece ¬

Naruto

Naruto Shippuden ¬

Ranma ½

The Slayers

YuYu Hakusho ~

The other major addition to the list is a new section for stuff I outright abandoned. The usual suspects are there mainly.

Probably by the end of today I will have finished Ouran High School Host Club, which really surprised me and is a great show, opening and ending themes aside. Interesting that they actually bothered to dub them this time - but the originals are just as terrible. :/

I may as well list where I stand on Manga:

Series Completed-

.//Hack Legend of the Twilight

Pita-Ten

Hollow Fields

Tokyo Mew Mew A La Mode

One-Shots Completed-

Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Ginji's Rescue Team

(Pokemon) The Rise of Darkrai!

One-Shots Incomplete-

Heat Guy J

Currently Reading/Collecting-

Tokyo Mew Mew (I need v5 and 6)

Kujibiiki Unbalance (Just need Volume 2.)

Sugar Sugar Rune (LOL I only have the last volume.)

Mahoramatic (I only have volume 6, so I need the others)

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Advantures (got the first 2 need the rest)

Dropped-

Yu-Gi-Oh! (Why was I so obsessed with it anyway? Thank god I only went as far as 4 volumes)

ToTo! The Wonderful Adventure (once I found out it was a parody of Wizard of Oz I became uninterested. I never really cared much for WoO for some reason.)

Cardcaptors (Cine-Manga.) (Uhm... if I'm not mistaken the acctuall Manga is more true to the original, right? I'll read that instead.)

Misc- I have some random volumes of random Manga that I keep around cuz I like it for whatever reason.

Negima! Magister Negi Magi (v21)

Sgt Frog/Keroro Gunso (v1-3 omnibus)

Planning On-

Card Captor Sakura (Having first seen the japanese version, I'd prefer something more true to that.)

That Sonic Manga... uh.. Dash & Spin I believe it's called?

I don't watch anime very often (dial up, lack of availability, and no cable) though I am interested in Ojamajo Doremi, Galaxy Angel, The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and the occasional Lucky Star when I get the chance. (and of course Sonic X is technically an Anime so....) (I only watch Pokemon if it's on on a TV. I did however go out of my way to see the first movie (got the dvd of it) and the Lucario movie {Youtube WTF!} {What can I say? Lucario's are awesome!} as well as the "Banned" episodes.)

EDIT: WTF WHY WOULDN'T IT SHOW MY FUCKING POST THE FIRST DAMN TIME!!!

EDIT 2: (Following PSI's post here) speaking of official abridged series, isn't Nick redubbing and rereleasing Winx Club as several hour long "specials" and eventually gonna make a Season 5 or something like that? Oh man the misconceptions these little children will have about this show, lol.

Edited by Baking Blue Potatoe

Well, let's see. I joined my uni's Anime Society this year, and that was when I saw Spice and Wolf season one. So everything from that point onwards in the list has been seen since October 2010. FLCL was the last show watched as part of the society's lineup and that was in early June.

So in actual fact about 1/3 of my current watch list has been seen in the last two months, 2/3 has been seen since October, and the first third is mostly Digimon, Pokémon and Dragonball. And for further clarity, I believe I picked up the Bebop movie around November 2010 as well, so everything in the film list was watched since then.

That is a bit scary when I stop to think about it. ^^;

Edited by Velotix Lexovetikan

I am completely hooked on No.6. It's the best thing I've seen in a loooong time, 11 episodes is just too short. I find myself waiting impatiently from new episodes. I can only hope BONES doesn't fuck up with the ending. Who else is watching?

Edited by Vasco

Trying to watch Azumanga Daioh... it's hard, because 1)it's not funny 2)the only time I think it's a little funny is when the perverted teacher appears... in other words I might just drop it altogether.

I haven't bought any anime lately, so put in an order at Rightstuf, Squid Girl Part 1, Darker Than Black Season 2 Blu-ray/DVD LE +All 4 OVA's, and Katanagatari Premium Edition Part 2.

That is a bit scary when I stop to think about it. ^^;

What's scary for me is how much I've spent on this hobby in the past year and a half, I purchased 51 dvds/blurays, and 68 volumes of manga... not much, but that shit adds ups.

Who else is watching?

Guilty. I really don't like Sion, he's blind to his surroundings, one of those, "the world is wonderful and everything is good" type of personalities, and I hate that. If I were rat I'd let him go back to No. 6, it's like walking around in a prison cell anyway.

Edited by Silencer226

Trying to watch Azumanga Daioh...

:D one of my faves...

it's hard, because

:o

1)it's not funny

liar, it's hilarious D:

2)the only time I think it's a little funny is when the perverted teacher appears...

liar, that is the least funny part of the show

in other words I might just drop it altogether.

But it's so good. D:

YOU LIE

I completely disagree with Silencer. Azumanga Daioh is hilarious!

Anyway, I haven't been able to watch any anime recently. I've said many times before that the next anime I will watch will be Panty & Stocking, Neon Genesis Evangelion, or My Neighbor Totoro, but I haven't had time to watch any of them.