Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I like the Fairy Tail soundtrack, the show itself is entertaining to watch, I don't put anything in a best category, if I like it I like it and if I don't, well you know how that goes. The current Fairy Tail arc is a bit on the eh side, I honestly found the Oracion Seis arc much more entertaining to watch. However, the arc does actually show rpg noobs that support characters are vital to your party, see how Wendy powered up Natsu and Gajeel. Fairy Tail is just plain silly, which is why I like it.

Blue Exorcist, I didn't picture myself liking it, however I'd grown attached to it. They are in a filler arc right now, however I dislike the fact that everyone seems so comfortable around Rin after the battle with Amaimon, I remember in the manga it took a while for everyone to feel somewhat at ease around him, specifically the bald kid and his friends. Or I could be remembering the manga wrong, either way, the whole finding out Rin is the son of Satan moment and everyone is freaked out, then they're not freaked out anymore situation felt rushed. I mean you just found out that your friend is the son of Satan wtf!?

Edited by Silencer226

Blue Exorcist, I didn't picture myself liking it, however I'd grown attached to it. They are in a filler arc right now, however I dislike the fact that everyone seems so comfortable around Rin after the battle with Amaimon, I remember in the manga it took a while for everyone to feel somewhat at ease around him, specifically the bald kid and his friends. Or I could be remembering the manga wrong, either way, the whole finding out Rin is the son of Satan moment and everyone is freaked out, then they're not freaked out anymore situation felt rushed. I mean you just found out that your friend is the son of Satan wtf!?

I don't think its a filler arc, I think it was their way of trying to show how the characters coped with him after the reveal since they don't have enough episodes to fit the manga arc so they're winging it on their own.

But yes, I agree the characterization in the anime was really.. weird and not that well written. Immediately after they found out about him being the son of Satan, they helped him fix the sword and risk their lives saving him. Then they don't trust him the next episode :I You can argue that they just didn't want him killed but it still is really weird, but in the end, like I said, it just comes down with amount of episodes there are and how they need to fit everything into it.

However, the arc does actually show rpg noobs that support characters are vital to your party, see how Wendy powered up Natsu and Gajeel.

Lol I love when Wendy does that, and that's exactly what I think whenever she does it. Especially in the latest arc in the manga and everyone lost until Laxus came out of nowhere.

Edited by Melru

My only gripe with Fairy Tail is the damn censorship in the anime; I mean does Japan have some taboo against violence and blood now? they've shown some of the goriest animes of all time and now they pull this? really?

Other than that, its very generic really, I still like it and its entertaining to watch but it lacks what made other Shonen fighters awesome.

I mean Naruto....is well Naruto

Bleach has at least try to get better.

One Piece is always awesome.

My only gripe with Fairy Tail is the damn censorship in the anime; I mean does Japan have some taboo against violence and blood now? they've shown some of the goriest animes of all time and now they pull this? really?

Most of the goriest anime I've ever known are anime that are made for adults... Then again, there are some kids shows that are pretty dang violent. One Piece is aimed for kids, right? That show can get pretty bloody at times.

IIRC wasn't there a bill passed that forbid showing strong violence in shows aimed for kids in japan? Or was this anime made before?

Speaking of which, whatever happened to that bill?

IIRC wasn't there a bill passed that forbid showing strong violence in shows aimed for kids in japan? Or was this anime made before?

Speaking of which, whatever happened to that bill?

It passed, and people were freaked, that's about it. The types of shows I like are still airing actually pretty much everything that was on before is still airing, when you have shows like Seikon no Qwaser it doesn't seem like much to worry about. Speaking of Qwaser, waiting on the uncensored version to get translated (I have no shame in watching this).

Other than that, its very generic really, I still like it and its entertaining to watch but it lacks what made other Shonen fighters awesome.

It may be generic but I watch it like a mofo.

I have been hyped for this for a few years now, its been a long time that when I watch it now its very odd being able to actually see it. I have seen half of it so far and its brilliant. Best thing I have seen all year in terms of anime. It oozes the style that I am totally attracted to, I can't believe that this isn't getting more hype everywhere to be honest. I mean the story so far seems pretty shallow as a whole - but just everything about it feels so fresh and imaginative and it really sticks out amongst all the same old crap that gets pumped out year after year.

I am gonna be watching the second half tonight. I love it and cannot wait for it to be released here so I can buy it.

edit: Man I hate the media tags on here. They always screw up on first post every time =/

Edited by Punk

So guise, a member of Arlong Park Forums (a One Piece forum) found this:

A poster for the One Piece Anime, after the Time Skip

d44abd1f.jpg

Looks like it's not gonna be like Naruto Shippuden or DBZ, It's still just "One Piece."

The new season airs on October 2nd, with a new opening.

Good stuff.

on another news

This came out yesterday

It apparently took SEVEN HANDRAWN YEARS

Supposedly supposed to be really awesome, reminds me of F-Zero kinda. Anyone seen it yet?

So guise, a member of Arlong Park Forums (a One Piece forum) found this:

A poster for the One Piece Anime, after the Time Skip

d44abd1f.jpg

Looks like it's not gonna be like Naruto Shippuden or DBZ, It's still just "One Piece."

The new season airs on October 2nd, with a new opening.

Okay, I promised that the next anime I would watch was going to be Panty & Stocking, Neon Genesis Evangelion, or Totoro, but last night I ended up watching Eden of the East instead, because it sounded good, and I remembered reading on a promotional card of it that it was from the creator of Ghost in the Shell (which I saw during the time I was absent from SSMB. Very good series). I am loving this show so far. It has great animation, great characters, lots of action, and a good story too.

I've updated my codex again, given it a little spring cleaning, and am now paying more attention to the stuff I can watch via Crunchyroll by giving legal streaming its own flag in the codex.

After having to pick up a new GPU for my PC out of the blue, suddenly I need to watch what I'm spending more carefully than I already was for a while, which is what has brought this on. wink.gif

As for Claymore, as I was expecting after the first episode it was fantastic from start to finish. The problem is it's one of those anime adaptions that finished before the manga it was adapting. Turns out Claymore is still actively being published and the anime only covers about half the plot at this stage. Still, that first half is great, and I'm fairly sure that a second 25/26-ep run will show up to cover the next eleven volumes in a year or two.

So yup, even the thrown together ending was pretty awesome. Check this one out, guys, it seems to have a habit of flying under everyone's radar and it doesn't deserve it in the slightest.

I don't know about you, but I rather like it having no blood. The violence is still over-the-top anyways. And besides: No blood=FUNi doesn't have to censor anything for a TV airing :D

Nice to know the Time Skip isn't going to change anything, damn right Oda.

Ugh, we have to wait two months? WHY

More pics:

a-draw_5181.jpg

a-draw_5182.jpg

Spoiler'd for size.

I don't know about you, but I rather like it having no blood. The violence is still over-the-top anyways. And besides: No blood=FUNi doesn't have to censor anything for a TV airing biggrin.gif

That's just it though, the violence is so over the top, and not a drop of Blood is shown. That's fridge logic at its best.

I don't want Gore or anything, but the lack of blood really underplays the severity of the fights they're in.

Hell the least they could've did was just censor the more graphic stuff in the manga, or do what Bleach does and just make the Blood back.

More pics:

a-draw_5181.jpg

a-draw_5182.jpg

Spoiler'd for size.

Speaking of which, you see the latest chapter?

Why does it seem like this arc will be over soon? I mean the crew aren't breaking a sweat even Hody doesn't seem that much threatening anymore, especially with the Monster Trio there and still healthy.

That's just it though, the violence is so over the top, and not a drop of Blood is shown. That's fridge logic at its best.

I don't want Gore or anything, but the lack of blood really underplays the severity of the fights they're in.

Hell the least they could've did was just censor the more graphic stuff in the manga, or do what Bleach does and just make the Blood back.

I completely agree. Especially in one scene in the manga where

Gray freezes his blood to fight Ultear. How the hell are they going to pull that off in the anime? Sweat? Not anywhere near as cool

Speaking of which, you see the latest chapter?

Why does it seem like this arc will be over soon? I mean the crew aren't breaking a sweat even Hody doesn't seem that much threatening anymore, especially with the Monster Trio there and still healthy.

I think it's because Oda's just using this Arc to showcase the Straw-hat's new moves and stuff before moving on to stuff that will actually be a challenge for them again.

Gray freezes his blood to fight Ultear. How the hell are they going to pull that off in the anime? Sweat? Not anywhere near as cool

I hope... that they'll show it, I mean that would suck if they did something silly like make it sweat it or something.

Its a shame more people aren't watching it really IMO. It deserves all the praise it gets, it was a feast for the eyes and was totally badass.

Edit: While I have not watched all of Trava too, the cameo in there was pretty funny (though he seems to have lost his gigantic hips xD, which is fine by me).

I hope this gets finished too though ohmy.gif!

But here is Trava:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqPRgMlWEUI&feature=related

Edited by Punk

Thanks once again this topic.

Redline pre-ordered. Blu-Ray release is due November 14 apparently.

Looking at that One Piece Poster...Nami's body keeps getting thinner and thinner and her boobs bigger and bigger...they've also never shown her that skimpy on official artwork.

Edited by ChikaBoing

Thanks once again this topic.

Redline pre-ordered. Blu-Ray release is due November 14 apparently.

Just fucking saying. I haven't felt that intense since I found TTGL.

Literally, you will feel the intensity. That first race hit you like an earthquake. Afterwards, you will feel like smoking a cig stating, "Did I just get laid?"

The final race somehow managed to top that!

Looking at that One Piece Poster...Nami's body keeps getting thinner and thinner and her boobs bigger and bigger...they've also never shown her that skimpy on official artwork.

Such as the power of Oda. He handwaves it by saying she's growing up.