Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

To my knowledge, this movie is not being dubbed, so the content in all regions will be identical to the original Japanese release, which already had English subtitles. I believe these are what remains of the original Japanese print run and are not official US listings.

This is bullshit. I am so angry right now.

I swear, every episode of SKET Dance I read, I love the show more and more. Such a brilliant series, and fast becoming my current second-favourite after GinTama (and in a few rare cases, I've enjoyed a week's SKET Dance episode more than that weeks corresponding GinTama episode- I feel so guilty for that. Like I'm betraying Sorachi. ;__; )

GinTama is great as usual too, after a couple of duff episodes. But hey, comedy's the single hardest genre to keep consistently good, and GinTama's been going for seven years or so, so it's allowed to slip up once in a while.

Naruto? The anime's gone to hell and will likely never claw it's way back. If it's not in filler, it's dragging out the canon material so thinly that it's painful to watch. The manga's okay at the moment. Nothing spectacular, but decent enough.

Oh, and Beelzebub remains 'decent' as usual. It's never going to break into the top tier, but it's an enjoyable series. Also, the main character punches people and is stupidly strong. I guess I'm a sucker for things like that. :'3

Edited by -Mark-

Eggsy why are you so dumb?

So uh, no one's mentioned this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMp48OEdEN8

Coming next fall! Gather your food and eat up quick; it's hibernation season!

Also I'll be really disappointed if they release 3.0 and 4.0 at the same time. I fucking enjoy waiting years for new movies. Besides, 4.0 should premiere on the date of the third impact of course.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bleh, mine was 1080p and had higher sound quality than yours. In any case, I did a Ctrl+F search for "Evangelion" on the last two pages, and didn't find anything - plus, no-one was talking about it, which gave me the impression that it hadn't been mentioned. Surely I can be excused, then?

It looks awesome, though, and after a solid two-and-a-bit years of total silence from Anno and Khara, it's more than satisfying to know that they're still working on the series and haven't run out of money or died - I am, however, a little displeased at the length of the trailer, despite it being a new battle in space. And even though I highly doubt that Khara can top the awesome Eva 2.0 ending, they're sure to beat the pants off the terrible End of Evangelion - in fact, you could probably use EoE as the borderline benchmark for "total mind-bending garbage" when judging the sanity of most anime.

Edited by eXtaticus

Eggsy why are you so dumb? Also I'll be really disappointed if they release 3.0 and 4.0 at the same time. I fucking enjoy waiting years for new movies. Besides, 4.0 should premiere on the date of the third impact of course.

I'd rather them release 3.0 and 4.0 near eachother.

Also, I don't remember the Third Impact having a set date.

Edited by PSI Fire

Just started watching Redline.

I love how all the characters have these whack as fuck space cars, then there's the human character driving....

a fucking Trans-am, hahahahahah

Just started watching Redline.

I love how all the characters have these whack as fuck space cars, then there's the human character driving....

a fucking Trans-am, hahahahahah

This is the one anime movie that I would buy if it didn't cost an arm and leg.

7KHqr.jpg

onepiecem1.jpg

onepiecem2.jpg

One Piece PS3 gaem. Hell has frozen over. Though I'd be surprised if it got a US release..

Now everyone is copying Ultimate Ninja Storm, jeez.

I'm pleased with the pace that Naruto is going at the moment. I guess this arc is a sign that the entire story will reach its conclusion within the next year or two, and it shows. I wouldn't be surprised if Naruto and Sasuke finally finish things within the next year.

It was fucking brilliant, tight plot, amazing, well defined world, brilliant looking animation, varied pacing and not a single second of this movie was wasted. Fantastic.

• Thumbs Up 1

On Tuesday I received the book Mardock Scramble, I read the first book titled The First Compression, and started on the second today. It's a pretty graphic book, I like it and decided to watch the anime adaptation which covers The First Compression. I liked it, and went in expecting it to have some things cut out (which it did), I mean its 69 minutes long including credits, so it was to be expected anyway. Compared to the book, lots of details were left out, it really just got straight to the point, I felt like it was rushed leaving out a lot of details, especially the main characters background story. I'm not really bothered by some of the scenes in the anime, but they are very disturbing, like Hansel and Gretel disturbing... maybe a little more actually. I would so not recommend this to the faint of heart, I wasn't even sure if i wanted to read/watch this.

Anyway off to read The Second Combustion.

Edited by Silencer226

Watching this AMV made me want to watch Soul Eater again.

That was so delightfully creepy. :'D

I remember watching that shortly after beginning Soul Eater, watching it actually near Halloween made it so much more sweeter.

I remember watching that shortly after beginning Soul Eater, watching it actually near Halloween made it so much more sweeter.

Oh shit I'm totally spoiling myself watching this shit, but it's pretty sweet though. Reminds me that I need to catch up with the manga... I don't really want to watch the anime anymore after finding out it has a lackluster ending.

Edit: And I'm still reading the Second Combustion, so weird, but can't stop reading. NSFW.

Edited by Silencer226

Oh shit I'm totally spoiling myself watching this shit, but it's pretty sweet though. Reminds me that I need to catch up with the manga... I don't really want to watch the anime anymore after finding out it has a lackluster ending.

Edit: And I'm still reading the Second Combustion, so weird, but can't stop reading. NSFW.

The ending pissed me off so much, its like the producers said "Hey guys, we're running out of time, let's rush the ending as fast as possible with an ass pull from Maka" "BRILLIANT".

If a Bones anime is being made and there is no source material for them to follow in terms of story, DO NOT WATCH THE ENDING. They will almost always find a way to fuck it up. Darker Than Black, Full Metal Alchemist, Star Driver, Soul Eater(then again, I have no fucking clue what is going on in the manga), and Heroman all attest to this.

Heroman had a BONES ending?

I thought it was a fine ending, really. I don't recall it having any signature BONES cop-out shit in it.