Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

How many times have BONES screwed over the ending to an Anime anyway? I know about Soul Eater, and to an extent FMA but what else?

How many times have BONES screwed over the ending to an Anime anyway? I know about Soul Eater, and to an extent FMA but what else?

I finished Gurren Lagann, after months and months of trying to make myself watch it, on Sunday.

At first I thought it was pretty average, but WOW! After that time skip, I fell in love with it. Amazing, epic, amazingly epic, heart warming, heart wrenching, wow. Wow. Loved it, loved it so much.

And now I went to see the first episode again yesterday, and wow.... it wasn't as meh as I remembered. It made me so happy to see Kamina there. Man...

Edited by Melru

I finished Gurren Lagann, after months and months of trying to make myself watch it, on Sunday.

At first I thought it was pretty average, but WOW! After that time skip, I fell in love with it. Amazing, epic, amazingly epic, heart warming, heart wrenching, wow. Wow. Loved it, loved it so much.

And now I went to see the first episode again yesterday, and wow.... it wasn't as meh as I remembered. It made me so happy to see Kamina there. Man...

Yeah, it kind of has that effect on people. Its one of the few shows I go back and watching over and over, even when you know what' going to happen its still amazing to watch.

I had the opposite effect with Gurren Lagann. Loved the first half... not so much after the time jump. It just felt like a big mess towards the end. But then again, this is a Gainax series we're talking about.

I watched the entirety of Baccano! with Cody last night, it was fucking awesome.

I want to marry Isaac and Miria. BOTH OF THEM.

• Thumbs Up 1

I watched the entirety of Baccano! with Cody last night, it was fucking awesome.

If you liked Baccano, you'll probably enjoy Durarara!! same creator and whatnot.

If you liked Baccano, you'll probably enjoy Durarara!! same creator and whatnot.

Same universe, even. Their Durarara! cameo is amazing.

I still absolutely love Bones anyway. xP

I'd say the ending being disappointing (though only in Soul Eater's case for me. I already discussed why I slightly prefer Bones' FMA over Brotherhood/manga) is made up for by the fact that they have no filler arcs and very little "bad filler" in general. I also like the number of episodes their shows have as well. I like my anime short - medium length. If it's more than 70 episodes, I don't want to watch it. End of story. I really liked Bleach for a good while, but after they saved Rukia, I started having a lot of trouble caring, until I finally just stopped watching.

I still absolutely love Bones anyway. xP

I'd say the ending being disappointing (though only in Soul Eater's case for me. I already discussed why I slightly prefer Bones' FMA over Brotherhood/manga) is made up for by the fact that they have no filler arcs and very little "bad filler" in general. I also like the number of episodes their shows have as well. I like my anime short - medium length. If it's more than 70 episodes, I don't want to watch it. End of story. I really liked Bleach for a good while, but after they saved Rukia, I started having a lot of trouble caring, until I finally just stopped watching.

• Thumbs Up 2

Started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion about two weeks ago. Great series so far. I'm renting the series from Netflix, so I have to wait for each new disc. I'm going to start disc 5 tonight.

My favorite character is Rei. Least favorite is Asuka. As for Shinji, I didn't like him at first, but now I'm really starting to like him.

Started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion about two weeks ago. Great series so far. I'm renting the series from Netflix, so I have to wait for each new disc. I'm going to start disc 5 tonight.

My favorite character is Rei. Least favorite is Asuka. As for Shinji, I didn't like him at first, but now I'm really starting to like him.

Wait until End of Evangelion. Oh boy. Oh, and make sure to watch Rebuild.

Wait until End of Evangelion. Oh boy. Oh, and make sure to watch Rebuild.

Oh my God... Rebuild... Oh my God... Rebuild. Oh yes, yes, yes, yes ,YES, YES YES YES YES HA HA HA HA YES OH GOD YES!

...Ahem... yes, rebuild, is quite good... quite good indeed cool.png

...When Mardock Scramble The Second Combustion comes out, I can expect gay dolphins, flying sharks, man getting torn to shreds by said sharks, man dismembering body parts from humans, girl takes control of super computer... it all looks epic in my head but animators make things less epic than what I imagine when I read :(.

Edited by Silencer226

Finished up Gun X Sword. The ending was somewhat predictable, but still rather enjoyable. I had to laugh on how certain characters died, though. It was almost comical.

Should be getting my first BluRay disc tomorrow in The Disappearance Of Haruhi Suzumiya. I've already seen it fansubbed, so I can't wait to hear the dub. Two and half hours of awesome, here I come.

Man, I've had some plain stupid taste in anime lately. Only one I'm following is some absolutely bizarre moe-blob show that. by all reasonable thinking. I should hate with every fiber of my being. But I can't, because I find the show absolutely hilarious.

"Yuru-Yuri", you have soiled my soul.

(Don't think too badly of me, forum! My favorite anime is Trigun! >.>)

Man, I've had some plain stupid taste in anime lately. Only one I'm following is some absolutely bizarre moe-blob show that. by all reasonable thinking. I should hate with every fiber of my being. But I can't, because I find the show absolutely hilarious.

"Yuru-Yuri", you have soiled my soul.

(Don't think too badly of me, forum! My favorite anime is Trigun! >.>)

Edited by Silencer226

Baccano! is so friggin good. What a blast, such a damn fun show from start to finish, love how the plot unfolds.

Only thing is Durarara!! isn't anywhere near as good, I mean yeah it's still a great show, don't get me wrong, but Baccano absolutely stomps it in quality- Durarara left me feeling kind of empty, I wish there was a bit more to it.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Durarara!! looks sort of uh

Well I doubt it's going to beat out Baccano anytime soon. I mean really, that show was just so fucking good.

Durarara is kind of like Baccano but without cool mobsters and in japan with some kids and like nothing happens.

having said that, it's still one of the better anime I've watched lately, but I think that says more about the crap they're animating rather then Durarara

The setting of Baccano was definitely one of the main reasons I enjoyed it. Durarara looks alright and I'll get to it sometime, but it doesn't have that atmosphere that made me attracted to its predecessor.

Baccano pretty much had great everything. I adored just about all of the characters (aside from the aforementioned rogues, Jacuzzi Splot is one of my favorite leads), the story was wonderful to see unfold (I went into the show not knowing a single thing about it, so I'm glad I didn't spoil myself beforehand), and even with all the violence it was just so entertaining. The dub was very enjoyable too, I don't think I can watch this sort of show in Japanese. I've been extremely bitter toward anime as of late so it's refreshing to see something that's so high quality, even if it is already a few years old. I'm definitely buying the DVD set next chance I get.

• Thumbs Up 2

The setting of Baccano was definitely one of the main reasons I enjoyed it. Durarara looks alright and I'll get to it sometime, but it doesn't have that atmosphere that made me attracted to its predecessor.

Baccano pretty much had great everything. I adored just about all of the characters (aside from the aforementioned rogues, Jacuzzi Splot is one of my favorite leads), the story was wonderful to see unfold (I went into the show not knowing a single thing about it, so I'm glad I didn't spoil myself beforehand), and even with all the violence it was just so entertaining. The dub was very enjoyable too, I don't think I can watch this sort of show in Japanese. I've been extremely bitter toward anime as of late so it's refreshing to see something that's so high quality, even if it is already a few years old. I'm definitely buying the DVD set next chance I get.

Damn it Sean, I'm tempted to pop the disk back in and watch it all over again, despite watching it with you only 3 days ago, XD. It's one of those shows that makes me want more, but at the same time I don't want them to touch it. There's so many characters that I adore just seeing, but the fact that there's so many scene switching, they don't get as much spot light all the time. However, this could be the charm of the characters anyways, just not having them at all times.

Like everyone, Isaac and Miria are my favorites, XD. Just them making an appearance makes me grin like crazy. Other than that though, Jacuzzi, Fero, Ladd, and the dude that likes to see people smile are my favorites as well. Jacuzzi makes be d'aw half the time with his actions, Fero just comes off as generally cool and likable (like his fighting, <3), Ladd is such a nutjob that seeing him just makes me antsy to see how he's going to murder the next man in his vicinity, and that smiling dude just reminds me of myself at times, XD.

• Thumbs Up 1