Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

The society is watching Star Driver and Tiger and Bunny for this half of the year, hooray.

On top of those I've started watching Fate/stay night. It's looking good so far but it's pretty obvious that it's based on a game.

The society is watching Star Driver and Tiger and Bunny for this half of the year, hooray.

On top of those I've started watching Fate/stay night. It's looking good so far but it's pretty obvious that it's based on a game.

Don't watch the ending of Star Driver.

Fate/Zero is airing this fall so if you end up liking Fate/Stay Night you'll probably like that. I thought the F/S N was ok, Zero's supposedly going to be a lot better I've heard.

I started watching the Magical Shopping Arcade Abenoshi... I was wondering what the fuck is up with the animation, what the fuck is up with all the random shit that happens, what the fuck is going on, why the fuck do I keep watching... then I saw it... Gainax, and all was explained tongue.png.

This week I should expect the following in my mailbox or doorstep:

1. Mardock Scramble: The First Compression (Movie, I'm reading the novel as well and it's good, if you're tired of childish kiddy shit check this out)

2. Mardock Scramble Vol. 1 (Manga version, completely different from anime and novel, less graphic still has blood in it though biggrin.png)

3. Squid Girl Part 1 (because she's just that awesome, and it's cheap)

4. Bloody Monday Vol. 1 (Sounds bloody)

5. Soul Eater Vol. 3 (yep, might as well continue it, because people have pretty much told me not to bother with the rest of the anime)

6. Magical Shopping Arcade Abenoshi Collection Tin (Yep, after 3 episodes I made up my mind, I want it smile.png)

Maybe

Baccano Bluray LE (once it's gone it's gone... I'm on the fence $59 is pretty damns steep and Dark Souls, is coming next week)

I do believe that's it for this week smile.png... I have so many games to beat that I just cannot justify buying anymore, so I'll buy anime and manga instead tongue.png, Uncharted 3 might be the only exception though.... So many fucking emoticons in this post, I don't even...

Edited by Silencer226

For reference, the first 38 episodes of Soul Eater are worth it, and contrary to the very loud complaining, the non-canon ending to the anime is solid, if obviously an Ass Pull.

However it's non-canon, so you'll probably be more interested in the manga, yes. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

For reference, the first 38 episodes of Soul Eater are worth it, and contrary to the very loud complaining, the non-canon ending to the anime is solid, if obviously an Ass Pull.

However it's non-canon, so you'll probably be more interested in the manga, yes. tongue.png

Well, I'm gonna try to finish the anime, I mean I am paying for Netflix every month so I might as well get the most out of it...

*SIGH* I'm gonna have to hold off on The Magical Shopping Arcade for a few days until my legal copy arrives... I cannot wait, but I will be getting a truckload of stuff coming Tuesday and Squid Girl should arrive Thursday as well.

I watched some of the Anime of Soul Eater, but when I heard that the Anime goes off into its own version from the Manga I decided to read the Manga when I reached around episode 35.

Now looking at the Animes later episodes I just cant take them seriously anymore.

cake.jpg

there is going to be an Eva cake. shaped like an angel core. WITH A PROG KNIFE.

take all of my money.

i guess the flavor would be evanJELLYon

I don't know how to feel about this. I wonder if that Asuka is a figure that you can take off.

Anyways: Watched the first episode of Squid Girl Season 2 yesterday. SQUID PUNS! SQUID PUNS EVERYWHERE!

you_squidding_me.jpg

Edited by PSI Wind

Probably ready to start stripping for those Panty & Stocking figmas...then again it would be appropriate.

Yeah, that's all sorts of wrong right there lol.

I was reminded today that We Are is like one of the best opening themes ever.

And now I want to watch an anime with a theme as incredibly good as that. Tell me some.

Like, that's my only requirement.

And don't suggest One Piece

• Thumbs Up 1

I was reminded today that We Are is like one of the best opening themes ever.

And now I want to watch an anime with a theme as incredibly good as that. Tell me some.

Like, that's my only requirement.

And don't suggest One Piece

I don't know if that's possible. :v

Believe it or not, bizarre as it sounds, it was actually the themesong that got me into the series, and then everything else kept me in. It's energetic and uplifting- actually makes you wanna get up and do shizz. I remember when I was first getting into the series back in '09 or so, almost everyday I would listen to the song on my MP3 player while riding the bus on the way to school to wake myself up and just not be gloomy throughout the day like I always was before.. ._.

Also, they recently remade the theme for the final episode of the first half:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_01FgT3kWpk&list=FLjAn_Ga0uPze0dqT23YTwHA&index=4

;A; Luv it. It just screams "ADVENTURE!"

Edited by Inferno

So, this week has had the two GinTama and SKET Dance crossover anime episodes. Having already read them (and loved them) in the manga, dear lordy I was excited for these ever since I heard they were going to be airing about a month ago. Despite the manga crossovers going in the order SKET Dance > GinTama, the anime decided to air them the other way around.

I must say, despite finding the SKET Dance half of the crossover in the manga, I felt the anime handled it rather clumsily and it ended up coming across as the less impressive of the parts. =/ They removed a lot of the best jokes for whatever reason, and added in a (quite frankly ridiculous, if still rather amusing) time-travel subplot in the second half of the episode. Bearing in mind SKET Dance is generally much more grounded in reality than GinTama is, to have Switch suddenly say "I ADDED A TIME-TRAVEL COMPONENT FOR THE LULZ" is just a bit... what? I doubt the episode is meant to be canon, but still.

That, and the GinTama cast were drawn wildly inconsistently in the SKET Dance episode, despite Shinohara (SKET Dance creator) having done a fairly good job of drawing them in the manga. Whereas the GinTama side added in things fairly successfully and built on the episode, the SKET Dance part just seemed to strip away or otherwise neuter a lot of the best parts.

That said, it was still great, just nowhere near as great as it could or should have been, had they just followed the manga chapter more closely. Like I said, it seems a shame since originally the SKET Dance chapter was the better half.

Oh, and also, yesterday's episode of Naruto Shippuden was one of those 'so hilariously bad that it's awesome' filler episodes. Shadow Clones revolt and mutiny. Blatant stereotype personalities for clones, including a blatant flamboyantly gay Naruto (pfft, like the real one isn't). Oh, and said flamboyantly gay Naruto clone weilding a chainsaw as a weapon to murder the real Naruto. :lol:

Shame it all turned out to be a dream.

Got my copy of The Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi the other day, watched it *dead*, that was some random ass shit, I enjoyed the hell out of it. I just didn't like how it ended, because it ended. I got some laughs out of it, I have to admit the country voices from the dub threw me off for minute but then I started liking them, and they began to fit. Favorite episode was without a doubt episode 3, it was just awesome seeing all the easter eggs thrown in, Frieza and Unit 1 just floating in space lol. And Gurren was there too... it was a goblin and then it transformed and then was defeated and tehn took control of a woman and a ship, got drunk, puked and was beaten... yeah.

Fuckin' hot dogs for sale! FUCK YEAH!

Edited by Silencer226

So I watched all of Angel Beats and well it's a very sad show. That's all I have to say really. Some characters were characterized pretty well and some weren't and the music and animation were very nice. Also the guy who was always talking in English needs his own show or something.

Oh, and also, yesterday's episode of Naruto Shippuden was one of those 'so hilariously bad that it's awesome' filler episodes. Shadow Clones revolt and mutiny. Blatant stereotype personalities for clones, including a blatant flamboyantly gay Naruto (pfft, like the real one isn't). Oh, and said flamboyantly gay Naruto clone weilding a chainsaw as a weapon to murder the real Naruto

This sound more interesting than anything going on in the Manga right now.

In other news, Fairy Tail is getting a 7-Year time skip...Which came completely out of nowhere, and it came after some serious shit went down.

In other news, Fairy Tail is getting a 7-Year time skip...Which came completely out of nowhere, and it came after some serious shit went down.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh?

This will either make or break the series for me, honestly...

Edited by Silencer226

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh?

This will either make or break the series for me, honestly...

For me, it was unnecessary, I mean what was the point of it?

It depends on what the Time Skip means, for me honestly.

Also:

Half of the main cast, may or may not be dead, just sayin

For me, it was unnecessary, I mean what was the point of it?

It depends on what the Time Skip means, for me honestly.

Also:

Half of the main cast, may or may not be dead, just sayin

I think it's totally unnecessary..., I'm already so used to the current cast as they are now, an adult Natsu just seems... out of place, and oh god Wendy... I totally like Fairy Tail but this change is just... BLARGH!

Edited by Silencer226