Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

sampleImage_61053.jpg

Oh my holographic artificial goddess!This is what Canal looks like in the last LU book!

Even if it freaks me out to no end, I will see Mardock Scramble via renting.

Enjoy it :3, I've read the book, most of the manga and seen the first two movies and you're in for a ride, filled with violence, sex, and disturbing imagery. tongue.png

Edited by Noel Mu-12 Vermillion

Enjoy it :3, I've read the book, most of the manga and seen the first two movies and you're in for a ride, filled with violence, sex, and disturbing imagery. tongue.png

Despite that I am easily upset, tis because Megumi Hayashibara has played many mind-numbingly beautiful characters in the past, Rune fits that description so I can take the nudity if she is pretty, otherwise.. I'll just suck up my dicsomfort this time. I heard my least favorite cuss is used a lot, but knowing Megumi is the main will cancel it out this time.

Mardock Scramble is just fucked up man, the bandersnatch gang, is a group of the sick fucks, and the anime movie doesn't get as gruesome as some of the shit I read in the novel.

Latest episode of SAO was alright, but it just seems like after its amazing climax the show has been struggling to find its footing again. So in that sense I hope the ball will really start to get rolling come the next episodes.

Watch the first Episode of Hayate No Gotoku: Can't take my eyes of you.

Still don't know what sort of anime it is.

Might watch some more.

Just got back from watching the latest Psycho Pass episode:

We get a trippy look into the Internet world and its forums and chat groups. All I need to say is that Spookie Boogie has an awesome avatar design.

2gspohd.png

A shame that the user in the real world is going to be dissected and chopped up soon at the hands of the main antagonist(s) that has finally showed up.

Any anime shows with mother themes besides Eva? I find Eva boring and not my style.

Edited by Sweetie Pie Lime

Finally got around to watching my Hellsing Ultimate Vol. 5-8 Bluray set, now in english dub (finally), and I loved it. :P Can't wait for Funi to get the rest of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wanna see a shitty camrip of the trailer for the third Madoka Magica movie???? Of course you do!

So all hell breaks loose again. Uuugh, sometimes I hate not being Japanese - I'd like to see this before 2014.

Oh, forgot to mention - I'm really glad I have Chuunibyou and TMNT holding me over, because I really hate this new direction SAO is going in. I'm just going to wait until the Gunslinger Arc, I stopped halfway through Episode 19 because seriously fuck this stupid fairy shit.

Edited by Pissy Dissy

I still don't know if I find SAO to be overall good or if I'm just watching it due to habit by this point.

That said, I read Chapter 16.5 of the novels and I might just start reading them. Kirito's a bit more interesting when you see things from his perspective (even if he was talking about virtual dicks for most of that chapter).

In fact, here's an excerpt.

“When they conducted consecutive tests over a 48 hour period, they found that most of the male testers who attended this trial period were unable to stand not having their genitals and gave up. So it was from the Beta testing phase that the genital parts were implemented out of a sense of necessity.”

Pure art.

Edited by gunthetra

I don't really see what's so wrong with the fairy theme personally.

It's just such a drastic change from the previous game, and doesn't appeal to me at all. I also found that I couldn't really bring myself to care much while watching Episode 19; Kirito would get mad and there'd be a big fight scene, but echoing in my mind the whole time was "who the fuck cares you'll just revive", and when booby lady (forgot her name) tried holding her sword to that dude's neck I was just thinking "why would that get him to do anything? He's just going to revive." On top of that, it doesn't really feel like they're trying to play up the "game" aspect of it anymore, which sucks.

Does the Gunslinger arc go back to that? Or is the whole "game" theme ditched after the first game?

Is SAO even going to get to the gunslinger phase? I thought it was a twenty-five episode anime, so it seems like it'll end with Fairy Dance. Personally, I think they should've halved its run and quit at the end of Aincrad. Fairy Dance takes a couple of structural steps I approve of - no ludicrous timeskip, real-world plotlines - but at the expense of every other aspect of the show being awful (dear gods, why the quasi-incest subplot?!). So yeah this is me poking my head in to say that I think it's still bad.

It's just such a drastic change from the previous game, and doesn't appeal to me at all. I also found that I couldn't really bring myself to care much while watching Episode 19; Kirito would get mad and there'd be a big fight scene, but echoing in my mind the whole time was "who the fuck cares you'll just revive", and when booby lady (forgot her name) tried holding her sword to that dude's neck I was just thinking "why would that get him to do anything? He's just going to revive."

there are repercussions for dying (loss of levels and equipment, maybe?), plus the game seems like a pain to navigate through, so I can imagine that they wouldn't want to lose any progress.

Is SAO even going to get to the gunslinger phase? I thought it was a twenty-five episode anime, so it seems like it'll end with Fairy Dance. Personally, I think they should've halved its run and quit at the end of Aincrad. Fairy Dance takes a couple of structural steps I approve of - no ludicrous timeskip, real-world plotlines - but at the expense of every other aspect of the show being awful (dear gods, why the quasi-incest subplot?!). So yeah this is me poking my head in to say that I think it's still bad.

It's the most popular show this season, so another season is basically guaranteed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I wasn't a huge fan of the latest SAO episode either.

That fight scene especially was quite meh. Yeah Kirito, just keep doing the same attack that doesn't work and when things are looking grim just pull a random transformation out of your ass.

I hope they explain that transformation properly. I can't imagine it as a basic function of the game since it would make things incredibly broken. Maybe it has something to do with his adventures in the SAO universe. Dunno.