Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Latest episode of Chuunibyou is the most adorable thing I have ever seen, and the ending made me all warm and fuzzy inside.

• Thumbs Up 2

So I finished Hasha no Tsurugi just now.

Wonderful manga. It's even better than I remember it. Even if you don't like Fire Emblem, I still recommend it.

Hey man, glad you like Black Lagoon so far. Its really great and gets better and better as it goes.

I've actually completed it. I've never went through an anime as quick as Black Lagoon.

It's definitely one of the better series I've watched. Although I enjoyed Season 1 more, the 2nd season was also well done.

Edited by canderson
  • Thumbs Up 1

So apparently the reason Maid-Sama took so long to get translated is they're having trouble paying off their webhost. I hope they get donations because it''s just getting good again :I

I've actually completed it. I've never went through an anime as quick as Black Lagoon.

It's definitely one of the better series I've watched. Although I enjoyed Season 1 more, the 2nd season was also well done.

Roberta's Blood Trail OVA AKA Season 3 is out there in Japanese, Funimation is gonna release it in English this month I believe just in case you prefer that, in which I personally do.

Well I started the anime BTOOOM! and its pretty good so far loving it. Its sort of dark and gritty. My type of anime honestly.

Edited by Urban Flow

*sigh*

I'm getting tired of recycled clichès appearing in every anime I watch.

-Big boobed air head

-Big boobed pervert

-Dumbass guy who gets embarrassed with pervy thoughts

-Maid cafe classroom festival project

-Going to the beach with all the stereotypes mentioned just for fanservice

-infatuated childhood friends

-Magic girls

It's recycled in every single anime I've watched, and becoming stupidly predictable.

So why do I keep watching?

EDIT:

-Humanly impossible terrible sense of direction

-Humanly impossible appetite

Edited by Underaged Hot Anime Elf
  • Thumbs Up 2

*sigh*

I'm getting tired of recycled clichès appearing in every anime I watch.

-Big boobed air head

-Big boobed pervert

-Dumbass guy who gets embarrassed with pervy thoughts

-Maid cafe classroom festival project

-Going to the beach with all the stereotypes mentioned just for fanservice

-infatuated childhood friends

-Magic girls

It's recycled in every single anime I've watched, and becoming stupidly predictable.

So why do I keep watching?

EDIT:

-Humanly impossible terrible sense of direction

1,2, and 5 might be your problem.

Not really. Some are even in ones that aren't centered around that.

Super Robot Wars, Gurren Lagann, DBZ, One Piece, I could probably name others, and those are just the stereotypes off the top of my head.

Can someone name me Animes that don't have this stuff? I'm sure there's plenty.

Solkia, Serial Experiments Lain, if you haven't seen it go watch it.

Mardock Scramble doesn't have any of that stuff either.

Edited by Noël Vermillion

Not really. Some are even in ones that aren't centered around that.

Super Robot Wars, Gurren Lagann, DBZ, One Piece, I could probably name others, and those are just the stereotypes off the top of my head.

Can someone name me Animes that don't have this stuff? I'm sure there's plenty.

Off the top of my head: FMA, Cowboy Bebop, Casshern Sins, and Rurouni Kenshin

Edit: better yet, just listen to Noel, she's the hardcore Otaku around here.

Edited by Ragna Claus

Oh I've seen Ruroni Kenshin and Cowboy Bebop. Didn't like FMA or Casshern

I'll try out Lain and Mardock.

You don't like FMA!? Really? I think your problem is you secretly expect these things even when they're not there >.>

I've honestly never given FMA a chance, when it first came on Toonami it started off in the middle and I didn't feel like watching in the middle...

To be fair, FMA isn't exactly flawless.

Speaking of which, which did you watch the 2003 one or Brotherhood?

It was Brotherhood, the last thing I remember seeing was the fire guy burning Envy to a crisp when he went all lizardy. :P

To be fair, FMA isn't exactly flawless.

Speaking of which, which did you watch the 2003 one or Brotherhood?

Both. Brotherhood was better, so I watched it longer than the 2003 one.

I still need to watch Fist of the North Star.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really wish someone would have mentioned these amazing dream sequences in Hyouka earlier

I mean the only reason I've put off watching the show until now because i thought it looked boring and plain. Had no idea the visuals were this vivid.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, as expected from Kyoani, Hyouka's quite a purdy show. Chitanda's quite a kawaiiful little anime lady, too.

I kinda left it on the afterburner after episode 4. I really gotta get back sometime in the near future before I forget about it.

Yeah, as expected from Kyoani, Hyouka's quite a purdy show. Chitanda's quite a kawaiiful little anime lady, too.

I kinda left it on the afterburner after episode 4. I really gotta get back sometime in the near future before I forget about it.

Yeah I tend to drop series pretty quickly myself, even ones I've liked but I'm trying to stick with this. I'm at ep 5 at present.

I think the amazing attention to detail in the animation, or the visual storytelling is a big part of why it's resonating with me so much. It's intensely refreshing to see something that's actually animated instead of just a slideshow of jumping from one animation keyframe pose to the next. There's something to be said for that style, which isn't inherently awful, and sometimes works, but in a show like Hyouka the animation really makes it.

I just love how they mess around with the lighting and areas to reflect character's thoughts and feelings. Like when Oreki is in the cafe with Chi and it's all pink and bright until he's snapped back into reality by her request. or even the small little weird things characters do like play with their hair, twirl pens or scratch their head. It makes the characters feel like characters instead of just walking script spouting personality stereotypes.

this works particularly well with the insular oreki. He doesn't say much, but through his mannerisims and dream sequences you get to know more about him then the "energy conservation" lazy guy persona he projects.

but yea i like it