Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

The first part of the latest Chuunibyou episode nearly killed me with cuteness. It has quickly become my favorite anime this season though that's not really saying much. I don't know if I've just been watching the wrong animes, but pretty much every on going anime I watch right now seems to be rather pedestrian. It's a real shame too, since I was really looking forward to quite a few of them.

Anyone else watch Kyousogiga? I loved the original 25 minute short quite a bit. The trailer for it was impressive as well (which I attached). The trailer though has a lot of moments that don't happen in the first 25min episode...and in none of the 10 minute ones too :(. It has a lot of potential as I absolutely adore this show.

I am incredibly bummed though it isn't a full length series to be honest. These recent 10 minute (or less) episodes are funny and stylish but there isn't much to them which kinda makes me sad. I wish more money was being pumped into this to make it at least a 12 episode run and/or a proper movie :x

So I lost a bet with Eddy over the last episode of Nyan Koi.

Now I have to sit through Haruhi (yuck) and Magi.

I here Magi is good, so I guess there's that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Never really got the immense hatred for Haruhi, second season notwithstanding. The character Haruhi is a prominent figure but she's not what the show's all about. The main characters are just very likeable and the comedic timing is great. If you can ignore all the stupid hype for it (because even I don't think it's as great as everyone says it is) then you'll probably find it to be just plain fun to watch.

Plus I think people exaggerate Haruhi's bitchiness too much. She's not really unlikeable, she just does weird things but sometimes complains when she doesn't get her way - but a lot of the comedy revolves around her not getting her way and accepting it by turning it into a positive situation. At least from what I can remember. She's not the best character ever but you could really do a lot worse than her.

I've seen the first season and half of the second.

It's been a while since I've seen it.

It's probably the hype that killed it for me. If there's one thing that can kill something for me, it's my expectations after seeing how hyped something is, just to find it average.

Edited by Underaged Hot Anime Elf

Saw the first two episodes of Magi; didn't care for it at all.

Guess I'll be skipping this one too.

The story, at least in the manga picks up considerably from that point. Only thing is I'm not really sure if the anime will follow suit- virtually everyone I know that has seen it has said it's no where near as good as the manga :(

Speaking of Manga I like- Shingeki no Kyojin (Advancing Titans/Attack on Titan) is getting an anime adaption, and the trailer looks fantastic

Looking forward to be ludicrously depressed by it's plot all over again. I absolutely love how well they've animated the Titans and 3D gear though. The brief glimpses of action were fantastic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well Penguindrum shipped out today, and I expect season 2 of Shana to do the same tomorrow

Penguindrum! My man! Such taste!

I should probably be looking into the australian release... I love that show 

I'm on episode 12 myself, Nevermind, we did see the same episode. :P

And after all that drama, I wonder where they'll go from here for the final episode.

Edited by TheScroogenator

... So I finally got around to watching the 11th episode of Chuunibyou.

... Jesus

so much heart hurting, so little time.

Can't wait to see the finale. 

So I went back and marathoned Panty and Stocking about... what, two years late?

Ah well; it had its flaws, and I wasn't quite a fan of the vulgarity of it, but I had a good time. The art style, over-the-top action, and occasionally clever wordplay sealed the deal for me. Good show, but not one of my favorites.

Also that ending was stupid and Gainax should feel bad.

So some new bits of animation from "One Piece Film: Z" were shown off a few days ago (btw, it's already out in Japan):

Even if I wasn't already into One Piece, I'd want to see this movie for the crazy fight scenes alone. This is looking even better than the new Dragon Ball film that'll be coming out soon (though I'm trying hard not to compare them too much, even though Toei Animation does both series, plus who knows what crazy animation they have up their sleeves for that.)

Edit: also the final trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_GcDbzJaXY

You can hear some stuff that Avril Lavigne covered for the film. Oda apparently contacted her himself and asked her to sing some stuff for the movie.

Edited by Fireplace Ferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

Naruto:

Neji......died pulling a heroic sacrifice to protect Naruto and Hinata.

baby-crying.jpg

Bleach: 

Guy who made the Zanpakutō next chapter? Sounds good.

One Piece:

Welp... someone's dying next chapter. o-o

So this Black Star Rock Shooter thing that I've been watching is pretty neat.

I really mean that I don't know what the fuck it is about nor do I fucking care. The art and animation is gorgeous.

Only thing I've still been watching consistently is Psycho-Pass, and that's because I've been waiting for this show to stop with the background dump and kick off into its main arc, and it happened so gloriously across the last three episodes that I had to go and find some meltdowns after the fact. The main hero is down, the main heroine is psychologically shattered, and now a huge chink in the armor has been exposed in the very fabric of this entire world that I have no real idea where they're going to take it, so I'm excited for those developments.

But of course, they announce a three-week hiatus after showing this episode. My next few Thursdays are going to be decidedly boring. =(

And a quick note: Polar Bear Cafe' is adorable. Like, gut-wrenchingly, heart-clenchingly adorable.
Edited by North Pole Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 1