Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Only thing I've still been watching consistently is Psycho-Pass, and that's because I've been waiting for this show to stop with the background dump and kick off into its main arc, and it happened so gloriously across the last three episodes that I had to go and find some meltdowns after the fact. The main hero is down, the main heroine is psychologically shattered, and now a huge chink in the armor has been exposed in the very fabric of this entire world that I have no real idea where they're going to take it, so I'm excited for those developments.

But of course, they announce a three-week hiatus after showing this episode. My next few Thursdays are going to be decidedly boring. =(

And a quick note: Polar Bear Cafe' is adorable. Like, gut-wrenchingly, heart-clenchingly adorable.

I like how you say your Thursdays are going to be boring and then mention Polar Bear Cafe.

Boredom and Polar Bear Cafe premiere cannot both exist on the same day.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ha, I'm watching it intermittently, mostly because I promised my friend I'd watch Sword Art Online first. I am totally not on a schedule anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm so close to the end of SAO, but I'm having a difficult time bringing myself to continue watching.

It's so... stereotypically anime. I have a difficult time explaining it. It's like you can definitely tell that a teenager wrote it.

Edited by gunthetra
  • Thumbs Up 2

The first season is really good and ill stand by that. The wecond season is however is really average/mediocre with some really silly plot points, though it has its moments. At least the animation is great.

I haven't watched any anime for a while, though I plan to rewatch Nyanpire some time. Shame it's only 12 episodes though, guess the OVA never really took off.

Manga wise, I'm reading Loveless. I'm about...on voume 5, I believe. I'm going slowly, so I'd rather not buy Volume 9 until I'm officially done with all 8.

Ugh, I'm still waiting for word from Yen Press and Sentai Filmworks on when the Another collection will come out (translated novel, anime dvd box set, manga omnibus). They said this year, but then we haven't heard anything about it after that.

Edited by Rigbone the Kid

I have rewatched Madoka and to me it still holds up but the thrill of wondering what's going to happen next is obviously gone now. I still think its a fun show and I know there is a third movie in the works which I believe is a continuation. And yeah I am also waiting on the Another collection, the only explanation I can think of for the another anime has not been released yet is because it is going to be dubbed (that is a guess don't quote me on that) or they have a big release schedule to work with. Either way I am just glad all of it was licensed, especially the novel... Sucks its digital only but I have anexus so its all good-

I can't really get into Clannad. The art style is not exactly my favorite, which puts me off tons. Strange.

I need to rewatch Outlaw Star.

Wise move sir!

After researching it and trying to make sense of the plot, I decided to start .hack//sign and its series afterwards. I watched two episodes last night, it's a very fascinating show.

• Thumbs Up 2

So now that Chuunibyou's over with and cemented itself as the best show this season by far, what else was there that was worth watching? Chuunibyou and SAO were the only ones I followed, and considering SAO ended up being extremely disappointing, I'd like something else that's actually enjoyable.

I have rewatched Madoka and to me it still holds up but the thrill of wondering what's going to happen next is obviously gone now. I still think its a fun show and I know there is a third movie in the works which I believe is a continuation. And yeah I am also waiting on the Another collection, the only explanation I can think of for the another anime has not been released yet is because it is going to be dubbed (that is a guess don't quote me on that) or they have a big release schedule to work with. Either way I am just glad all of it was licensed, especially the novel... Sucks its digital only but I have anexus so its all good-

I think they said somewhere that if it sells enough they'll look into a print release like with the Manga. I'm probably going to buy a few copies in that case.

So now that Chuunibyou's over with and cemented itself as the best show this season by far, what else was there that was worth watching? Chuunibyou and SAO were the only ones I followed, and considering SAO ended up being extremely disappointing, I'd like something else that's actually enjoyable.

Jojo.

• Thumbs Up 3

Got volumes 7-13 of Death Note for Christmas (had to wait a bit for 11-12) and the complete series boxset, meaning I have the full Death Note animé and manga series!

Shippuuden:

Yadda, yadda, yadda, despair, lonely, yadda, yadda, bijuu-dama, boom, boom and...

NaruHina <3

And they will fight holding hands... Dear Lord, I wanna see that work.

Edited by Jingle

I recently watched part 1 of the Final Act from Inuyasha dubbed with some friends the other day. Man oh man, I have not seen that show in ages and for a moment there I had a brief taste of nostalgia. A bit weird hearing a different Sesshomaru and Kagome but I think their new voices fit rather well. This final season is... definitely the end all be all tenseness I was expecting. The cutdown on flashbacks helps in watching immensely as well.

Now I can't wait until the final part releases in Februaryish! D:

Nope. Neither David Kaye nor Moneca Stori reprised their roles for some reason. Kaye got replaced with the deeply voiced Michael Daingerfield, and Stori with Kira Tozer. Tozer sounds like a very close sound-alike Kagome without losing emotion, so it's not that drastic of a change (though you can still hear the difference if you've watched the previous episodes). Daingerfield however has a much deeper voice for Sesshomaru than Kaye, which takes getting used to but is still a pretty good fit for his personality. At least I think so!

For the first time since DBZ, I think I found an anime I can get into.

Sgt. Frog

Edited by Cunning Condor
  • Thumbs Up 4

For the first time since DBZ, I think I found an anime I can get into.

Sgt. Frog

How bout that, I'm going through that one right now.