Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

So, Digimon Xros Wars: The Young Hunters Who Leapt through Time has been nominated for an International Kids Emmy. 

mellow.png

WHY?!

How the hell did that happen? It was a shit series, the worst series of Digimon by far, and I say that as a fan who loves the franchise to bits.

I mean, I know it gave Masaru a few more minutes of screentime for the first time in five years (and longer for the other leads), but even that can't redeem what was just a horribly-written mess of a series.

Edited by -Mark-

For the first time since DBZ, I think I found an anime I can get into.

Sgt. Frog

Yay for a fellow Sgt Frog fan! I found that series to be absolutely hilarious and at times have made me laugh to tears.

Anyway, thanks to Toonami, I've been re-watching the early episodes of Naruto. If it had never gotten to the point of becoming so fillery, I wouldn't have lost interest in the series later on since I think the early episodes are very good.

I am checking out Chuunibyou... so far my rule has been any show that can make me chuckle is worth my time.

I am checking out Chuunibyou... so far my rule has been any show that can make me chuckle is worth my time.

Spoilerish but not really, just to be safe though.

Then I hope you'll eventually enjoy doing the exact opposite of that later on.

So this Black Rock Shooter thing would be infinitely better without the melodramatic slice of life bullshit. Just saying.

• Thumbs Up 1

So this Black Rock Shooter thing would be infinitely better without the melodramatic slice of life bullshit. Just saying.

Tell me about it, I got bored mostly through the first episode because of it.

BRS is a merch commercial, plain and simple. It's a fairly inoffensive and safe series that tries to pander to both the slice-of-life crowd and the cool anime babe fighting crowd. The guys behind the anime and ova even stated the real money is in merchandise, if I recall correctly.

I say this as someone who owns a Black Rock Shooter Figma and wishes he had a Dead Master one.

Edited by JunkoEnoshimapan

Scene from the latest One Piece English Dub release that really grabbed me. It's the argument between Luffy and Ussop about the ship. I've always wanted to see how Funimation would handle this scene, and imo, they handled it well. It's pretty tense just like the original, and the VA's really give it their all. Heck, Ussop's VA said that this arc was the first time he's ever cried in the booth while recording.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRkbzneBDic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRaijrAcVPY

Don't know how long these vids will stay up though.

• Thumbs Up 8

This is looking like the first anime season in a while where I won't be watching any new anime at all.  And it strikes me that it's been a while since I've been particularly impressed by any fresh anime, too.  But as long as anime decides to capitalise on its status as something I'd be embarrassed to be seen watching, then I don't think it really deserves to be watched, so that's just fine.

Check This movie Out all you anime_lovers will love it.

Arietty.

Based of the story the borrowers. Arriety  the youngest wants to go for an adventure in the house (p.s if you don't know what borrowers are they are tiny people) But her mum does not want her to go because she thinks she might get found and she does by a boy named shawn he has a heart disease which means he's does not have much chance of living. 

But the rest is up to you to find out the story

MV5BMTAxNjk3OTYyODReQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDgy

• Thumbs Up 1

Check This movie Out all you anime_lovers will love it.

Arietty.

Based of the story the borrowers. Arriety  the youngest wants to go for an adventure in the house (p.s if you don't know what borrowers are they are tiny people) But her mum does not want her to go because she thinks she might get found and she does by a boy named shawn he has a heart disease which means he's does not have much chance of living. 

But the rest is up to you to find out the story

MV5BMTAxNjk3OTYyODReQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDgy

I actually just saw it last week and forgot to write about it here (instead clogging the statuses about T-Man's awful taste in movies~); it's an absolutely stellar film. One of my favorites, actually. The characters are really likable, the plot has a charming simplicity to it, letting the characters take all of the attention, and the animation is absolutely gorgeous. Loved it.

Scene from the latest One Piece English Dub release that really grabbed me. It's the argument between Luffy and Ussop about the ship. I've always wanted to see how Funimation would handle this scene, and imo, they handled it well. It's pretty tense just like the original, and the VA's really give it their all. Heck, Ussop's VA said that this arc was the first time he's ever cried in the booth while recording.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRkbzneBDic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRaijrAcVPY

Don't know how long these vids will stay up though.

On a much lighter note, I give you Patrick Seitz as Franky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tndq6II-oUY

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge
  • Thumbs Up 3

Welp, finished Chuunbiyou, and just only have to say

Edited by Noël Vermillion/Kagerou

I'm currently reading Naruto and Kuroshitsuji. I've read Fullmetal Alchemist, Nabari no Ou, Soul Eater, and Deadman Wonderland. I love Naruto, but tend to stay away from the forums. Kuroshitsuji is my favorite. :D

Oh god, I just can't get enough of the art style in Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. The characters look nice but it's the backgrounds that truly left me speechless.

HorribleSubsMaoyuuMaouYuusha-02720pmkv_s

This series is pretty much the only anime this season that interests me. Everything else just seems like a chore to sit through. What a disappointing season. 

the Evangelion 3.0 camrip is out, us non moon speak countries can finally watch this in tilted camera recording and mediocre subtitles glory. let the tumbling down commence, download that shit over here.

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=168357&uk=741633475

(chinese site, click the white button to the right of the blue button to download)

http://pastebin.com/s6EnW7Ef
download these subs, save the pastebin as an .srt, then open them in VLC or whatever with the mp4

it begins right after the 6 minute prologue that was released so watch that first or whatever, just about to watch this movie, so stoked.

Edited by Jackstraw
  • Thumbs Up 1

Debating whether to get more Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku box sets on DVD or some Demon Detective Loki Manga from Japan (yup, as in the handsome Norse god of mischief).

So there's a harem series with a zombie magical protagonist.....I don't know how to feel about that.

So are you talking about Is This A Zombie? Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?  If so, show was fucking hilarious to me.

• Thumbs Up 1