Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Damn I wanna see the new Berserk film. Love that series so much. Re-watching Outlaw Star (again for the like the millionth time) and Gundam Wing. Watching some more Sword Art Online. Like Episode 5 or something. I'd actually be running through it alot more quicker if it was in English. Japanese audio is cool and all but boring as hell to listen to sometimes. Alot of females in anime sound the same in Japanese to me. I can read quickly so subs don't bother me but eh whatever. Might wait to finish SAO when there is a dub for it. For some reason though I can watch BTOOOM! without this issue I am talking about. Even Fist Of The North Star which has some great voice work. Planning to buy Hellsing Ultimate soon. I should invest in buying more Manga as well. I only own like 4 sets or so.

Edited by Urban Flow

Alot of females in anime sound the same in Japanese to me.

So I'm not the only one who feels this way?

That doesn't make me racist, does it? blink.png

So I'm not the only one who feels this way?

That doesn't make me racist, does it? blink.png

Bwahaha I don't think it makes us racist but it sure is hilarious to me.

Currently I'm reading: Rosario Vampire Soul Eater Naruto Shippuden (I have my guilty pleasures.) Shikabane Hime The World God Only Knows Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin NO. 6 And.... I'm waiting for Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn ep 6 to come out. All anime and manga look the same. ._.

• Thumbs Up 1

One of those is from Monster, right? Naoki Urasawa draws some of the most distinct faces in the entire industry. Love the guy's work.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because I haven't gotten around to watching other stuff... But seriously; I've seen a lot of it and I'm starting to see that they all share some similar style. Still don't get what I mean?

One of those is from Monster, right? Naoki Urasawa draws some of the most distinct faces in the entire industry. Love the guy's work.

Yup! Urusawa is awesome. I really gotta finish Monster one of these days (and start Pluto, the adaptation of my fav part from the original Astro Boy/Tetsuwan Atom manga).

Because I haven't gotten around to watching other stuff... But seriously; I've seen a lot of it and I'm starting to see that they all share some similar style. Still don't get what I mean?

I know I know, a lot of it is similar (especially if it's done by the same studio), it's just that "it all looks the same" is a blanket statement that kinda gets under my skin. It's like when someone says "all music these days is shit" or "there's nothing  good on TV anymore". They just don't look at enough variety.

Edited by JunkoEnoshimapan

Dead Leaves, which was directed by the dude who also directed Gurren Lagann (who also worked with Gainax with some of their other works). I haven't seen it yet, but apparently it's hella good.

Figures that my 1000th post would be explaining weeaboo shit.

Edited by JunkoEnoshimapan
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh for some reason I haven't posted here yet since returning.

Ok well.. 2011 was the year of animu for me, I got really into Madoka Magica, Penguindrum and Nichijou, all were brilliant, especially the first which is now one of my fav animus.

At the moment I'm pretty into Fairy TailMedaka Box and Inazuma Eleven which is surprisingly good. Also hoping for a third series of Medaka Box cause it seems like it was finally getting good.. 

Oh and, last year I started One Piece which I'm now up to date on (I think I watched the whole thing minus filler in 6 months or less, zoom) but wow I love One Piece, I love how huge the plot is, it's just a shame about the pacing sometimes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dead Leaves, which was directed by the dude who also directed Gurren Lagann (who also worked with Gainax with some of their other works). I haven't seen it yet, but apparently it's hella good.

Figures that my 1000th post would be explaining weeaboo shit.

You have to watch Dead Leaves! It's one of the best anime's ever!

Anyway, now that I'm all caught up on Space Brothers

It's getting really good now! Oh why did they have to end the previous episode on a cliffhanger and leave me waiting? D: Having watched this anime long enough, I think its two biggest strengths are the story and the character development. They've just done an excellent job with both of those aspects.

Edited by Kevin

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-15/ghost-in-the-shell-arise-anime-to-launch-in-2013

New Ghost In The Shell anime coming this year. Hell I had no clue this was being made, as a big GITS fan I am quite shameful xD

It's going to have Tow Ubutaka as the supervisor and script writer. He made Mardock Scramble, which was a pretty good novel series (all compiled into a single book now, at about 800 pages in length), the movie series is pretty good too. So, I'm looking forward to this

Mardock gets compared to GITS often.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looking for more comical Gainax suggestions besides P&S.

Panty and Stocking

/list

Sorry that's just the best of the best.

Panty and Stocking

/list

Sorry that's just the best of the best.

You know that ain't my style.

Well hey Medaka Box is pretty enjoyable, especially later in the second series.

Ah, licensed  by Sentai Filmworks I see, might be more likely to try it!

You know that ain't my style.

Its not my fault your missing out on something great.

Gurren Lagann is too overrated and we already have Megas XLR, THE SUPERIOR ROBOT SHOW and FLCL is just there to be strange so you'd probably get more from Eraserhead than anything.

Edited by Rachel Alucard

There's no such thing as universal appeal :P

Got my Slayers box set and am now looking into Maze Megaburst Space.