Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

https://www.facebook.com/iwaojunko

I think I'm in Asgard.... I found the JP voice of Tomoyo from Cardcaptor Sakura, Jun/Devil Lady from Devil Lady, Key from Key The Metal Idol, Hikari from Eva, Mima from Perfect Blue on FACEBOOK (though her Twitter tweets seem to be the main reason it's there).

So im liking One Piece so far, it's been a really fun watch so far with some great moments, happy and sad.

Im about halfway through the Alabasta Arc, and I'm really enjoying Vivi's character arc regarding her struggles with trying to save her kingdom.

That's great that you're enjoying One Piece! Since you're still watching it, I want to mention that when you get to the episodes in the late 200s you might notice the show will move at a slower (yet tolerable) pace. Hopefully that won't turn you off. Buuuut... by the time you get to episode 420 or so, the overall quality of the show takes a huge dip (worse art, worse animation, terrible pacing, and a ton of added obnoxious fanservice) so I highly recommend that you should switch to the manga. As much as I love One Piece, I can't stand watching the episodes that came out within the last three or so years because they're really bad.

Edited by MugiMikey
  • Thumbs Up 2

The only reason to watch Queens Blade is to watch the English Dub and listen to Liza Ortiz (Yes, /that/ Liza) voice a PINK swamp girl who attacks with acid breast milk.

The only reason to watch Queens Blade is to watch the English Dub and listen to Liza Ortiz (Yes, /that/ Liza) voice a PINK swamp girl who attacks with acid breast milk.

Wait, what?

• Thumbs Up 1

I do One Piece in moderation. Way too many chapters and way too many episodes.

Weak.

I kinda want to re-read Ippo sometime. All 900+ chapters of it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait, what?

You have to see it to believe it. I've attempted watching Queen's Blade but I just couldn't get off (oh ho ho) into it.

Edited by Gray Fullbuster

I do One Piece in moderation. Way too many chapters and way too many episodes.

Baby. I marathonned that shit in one weekend.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not sure if that's supposed to be aimed at depressed people, creepy or funny.

Not sure if that's supposed to be aimed at depressed people, creepy or funny.

Its just there to be weird.

Its not aimed at anyone at all, they don't know if their audience is depressed you know.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

You marathoned over 500 episodes in a weekend?

And I thought I was cool when I marathoned all of Pokemon in 3 months.

Anyway im nearing the tali lend of the Skypiea Arc and it's finally started to pick up and get intersting, I'm also really liking the villain in this one, he's seems to be much more of an imposing force than any villains previously (well actually, he and Crocodile are about on the same level).

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

I didn't really like Skypeia til really near the end, but yeah Enel is a great and really scary villain, he really seems invincible but you can kind of tell that Luffy's fight with him is going to be awesome and it really feels awesome.

By the way, while I agree that Luffy is sometimes annoying he's more an amazing character to me, it's his dangerous unpredictability that makes him such a great pirate, the fact he smiled when he as about to be executed at Loguetown really just sums up why he's so brilliant and different to other pirates. To me anyway. I really love all the Strawhats.

• Thumbs Up 1

You marathoned over 500 episodes in a weekend?

I honesly don't know how people can do that kind of thing. It makes them look like they get through the show just to get through it rather than to take their time and enjoy it.

• Thumbs Up 3

I honesly don't know how people can do that kind of thing. It makes them look like they get through the show just to get through it rather than to take their time and enjoy it.

Im trying to figure this out though...

If he's talking about a normal weekend (Friday afternnon to Sunday night im guessing) watching 500 episodes in that time frame is literraly impossible.

I had five days and ive been watching One Piece at a consistent rate and yet im only in the 180s.

I do get what you mean though, when I watched all of Pokemon, there was times where I used several episodes as "white noise" only listening to it whilst I was off doing something else with on my computer, it was usually the pointless filler episodes though.

I don't do that with One Piece though, since nearly all of the episodes so far have been fun and interesting in their own way that I actually feel motivated to watch it rather than half-ass it.

I read the manga guys, it's much faster.

Oh, now that makes sense :P

Reading Manga online never was my thing, which is why I usually just buy the physical copies.

• Thumbs Up 1

(it's literally impossible to do it in a weekend, I though the joke was implicit :?)

Either way yeah if you watch it consistently and skip filler it doesn't take thaat long.

EDIT: Oh manga? Disregard my post

Edited by SuperLink

Oh, now that makes sense tongue.png

Reading Manga online never was my thing, which is why I usually just buy the physical copies.

Well it's convenient for those who didn't have much money at the time, but didn't feel like sitting through days worth of content. I only watch Anime in bulk after I've read the respective Manga.

• Thumbs Up 1

I read the manga guys, it's much faster.
Wow... I don't know exactly when you did this, but I know for sure if I tried that right now I wouldn't be able to read nearly 70 volumes' worth of content in a single weekend unless if I really rushed it. Hell, I started One Piece at the time Japan was in the second half of the Skypiea arc and even then I didn't catch up completely until the Enies Lobby arc came out... and even then I thought I was afraid I was skimming through everything too fast, haha.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Weak.

I kinda want to re-read Ippo sometime. All 900+ chapters of it.

Fuck yall.

One Piece wikia shows me when to watch and read.

Wow... I don't know exactly when you did this, but I know for sure if I tried that right now I wouldn't be able to read nearly 70 volumes' worth of content in a single weekend unless if I really rushed it. Hell, I started One Piece at the time Japan was in the second half of the Skypiea arc and even then I didn't catch up completely until the Enies Lobby arc came out... and even then I thought I was afraid I was skimming through everything too fast, haha.

I did it like three years ago when the series was at the tail end of the Impel Down arc; I wanted to catchup, and I had shit to do over the weekend.

Mmm Panty-styled Yoko, hubba hubba

Yeah it took me a year to read all of Hajime no Ippo. I could have done it faster, but I only read it when I felt like it, and there were a couple of months when I didn't. But each time I read it, I felt totally immersed, and I would plan out at which points I would stop so that I had something to look forward to the next day.

When I caught up with One Piece years ago there were a few moments where I definitely was just trying to catch up and rush through it, so there were things I didn't like as much until I revisited them later. It's why I want to read the whole thing again with the same mentality I had when I read Ippo. Plus, with both series being so long there are so many arcs that I've already forgotten about, but would love to experience again.

One Piece honestly becomes a drag when characters take way too long to explain things haha, in recent arcs I just skip over a lot of the walls-o-text that plague it. It got especially bad in the Fishman Island arc I thought.

• Thumbs Up 3

One Piece has left such an impact on me, I think I can remember the details of almost every single arc.

• Thumbs Up 3

One Piece has the most amazing overarcing story and developments of any anime as far as I'm concerned. The way the most intricate details and foreshadowing are never ignored or forgotten just blows my mind.

• Thumbs Up 3