Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

This list is only what i can remember off the top of my head and is only about half of them XD

Anime Films I have watched.

Howls Moving castle,

nausica valley of the wind,

steamboy

akira

spirited away

my neighbour totoro

tales of the earthsea

envangalion

blood+

ghost in the shell

Ghost in the shell 2

Gundam Wing endless waltz

All bleach films

All naruto Films

Origin

Shadow Skill

Full metal alchemist

Princess Mononoke

Anime Series finished:

Gundam Wing

Full Metal Alchemist

Death Note

Lucky Star

The melencholy of haruhi suzumia

Cardcaptors

Dragonball

Dragonball Z

Dragonball GT

Outlaw star

Tenchi Muyo!

Shuffle!

.hack//sign

.hack//roots

black blood brothers

Hellsing

Elfen Laid

Devil May Cry

FLCL

Fruits Basket

Inuyasha

Afro Samurai

Shaman King

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle

Digimon 1 and 2

wolfs rain

Currently watching

Soul Eater

Naruto

Unfinished

Angelic Layer

Bleach

.hack//legend of the twilight

Before the arrival of the internet and YouTube, I was only able to fully watch the entire Season#1 and catch some random glimpses of Season#2.

But once I started digging through the internet I evetually got to see plenty of the rest... I finished watching the entire Season#2, I finished watching the entire Season#3, and now I'm almost finished with Season#4.

(Basically, I tune into 2 episodes every Sunday night before going to sleep. :D)

Overall, yeah, I liked the Season#1 the best. The way in which the Queen Beryl character was portrayed just caused me to feel that she was the ultimate superior figure of authority in the evil dimension.

Until reaching the other seasons I was actually so convinced that there was nobody else higher than her or parallel to her.

She felt like the female version of Darth Sidious, you know.

And Tuxedo Mask felt like Anakin Skywalker who became torn between 2 equally conflicting sides.

Anyways, I also enjoyed the second half of the Season#2. (The one where Usagi's future daughter falls from the sky. Not the one with the stupid elf who plays an annoying flute.)

In Season#3 I admired Sailor Neptune's artisitc and daydreamy personality. And I really wished that Sailor Saturn would've survived the final battle in some other way without becoming reborn as a new baby...

That ending was just too sad for me. :(

Season#4 seems quite hillarious so far. There's a lot of "LOL, WTF" moments in there. But seriously, IMO nothing can match the epicness of Season#1. That season had it all in one blend.

Before YouTube, I'd never watched Sailor Moon before in my life, it only aired for a short while in the UK and I never even knew about it. I've nearly watched them all now, up until about a month ago I used to make myself watch 5 a day, the only seasons I REALLY enjoyed was the the first one, and the SuperS season, the rest I just watched purely for the fact I want to eventually be able to say I've watched all 200 eps of Sailor Moon and for it to be true. I've stopped watching it again now as I hate Sailor Stars, it's just gone completely downhill since the first season, so now I can't even force myself to watch the remaining episodes. There was this one day I sat and watched 20 episodes of Sailor Moon all in one go! :lol:

I don't know exactly what it is about the first season but it's definitely the best. Usagi seemed a much better character, she was hyper, clumsy, extremely talkative, etc. and then as the series went on she seemed to change ALOT, I think that's why I dislike the later seasons so much, as she's my favorite character but by the S season, she really changes =[ Another thing I like about the first season is the fact it all looked older, like the characters all looked different (especially Usagi), they looked better IMO, like they didn't have shiny hair, the music sounded older aswell, which is a good thing as I like the more retro sounding music. And of course the best thing is the whole Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask's relationship, it had me hooked, they should've spanned it out a bit longer, really. I also liked Naru in this season, it annoys me SO much that she isn't even in the later episodes, she was one of my favourite characters ¬_¬

I didn't like Sailor Moon R much, I hated Chibiusa in this season, she was a right selfish brat, I also couldn't stand Eiru and An.

I can't remember much of Sailor Moon S, the main thing I liked about this season was Hotaru/ Sailor Saturn, I found her a really interesting and likeable character, it's a shame she's hardly ever in it =[ One thing that really sticks out about the S season is Michiru and Haruka, I couldn't stand them, I found them to be extremely boring characters, I just skipped the parts they're in.

Sailor Moon SuperS was great, Chibiusa was instantly a more likeable character, unlike how she was in the R season, I adored her friendship with Pegasus. This is my 2nd favourite season.

Sailor Stars IMO is absolute crap, like the S season it's back to being too serious and dark, Usagi has become too boring and grown up, nothing like she used to be in the first season, I also kind of miss Mamoru and Chibiusa. I must finish watching all episodes of the Stars season soon, but it's so awful I've just completely lost interest in watching it.

Anyway, I'll shut up about Sailor Moon now XD; It must be because I've never spoken to a Sailor Moon fan before and got a bit carried away. Another thing you can probably tell, I never watch the bad side/enemy part, I only watch the parts with Usagi and friends in, I don't even know the storyline and what goes on! XD

I've stopped watching it again now as I hate Sailor Stars

I don't hate Stars but it's definately my least favourite season.It's down to the stralights. Mainly Seiya.

Also, and does Interstella 5555 count as an anime? I know it was Daft Punk, but it was animated by Toei. Interstella 5555 is awesome. =F

One time I spent the entire day watching those videos online. I wanted to see how the story ended XD

I'm still a bit of an anime nut, but lately I haven't really been watching much. Currently I'm only watching the Aria TV series, and I just got some oldies I love, Street Fighter II the Animated Movie and Vampire Hunter (Darkstalkers) OVA.

I do have the usual series on DVD though, Evangelion, Nadesico and such. Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 was the first series I bought and watched completely. Used to watch a lot of fansubs too, School Rumble was awesome. And The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is brilliant.

I’d love to get into more Anime, my problem is not knowing which I’m going to enjoy and which I’m not which stops me from buying new DVD’s, especially as they cost so much.

I’ve been a fan since the late 1990’s thanks to the Sci-Fi Channel and cartoon Network showing some. But for all the good anime shown like Akira, Armitage III, Tenshi Muyo and Outlaw Star there were a load of ultra gory Anime that served no purpose other than grossing people out.

Fortunately all that seems to have changed. This isn’t a full list but some Anime I own are:

Naruto, up to volume 5: episode 130.

Death Note up to Volume 4 (of 5 – UK release of final volume pending)

Paranoia Agent, all

Perfect Blue

Millennium Actress

Excell Saga, all

Howls Moving Castle,

Afro Samurai

Neon Genesis Evangellion (Everything: full series, Death + Rebirth + End of Evangellion)

I’ve been burned by a few series I ended up not getting into like Mezzo, Burst Angels, Samurai 7 and oddly Bleach. I thought I’d get the last one especially being into Naruto but the first DVD doesn’t seem to go anywhere.

Manga I own even less. Death Note, all 12 volumes and that’s it. Saying that I got so hooked on Death Note and I’m aching to find another Manga series anywhere near as good.

I own less manga too, but simply because it's about £6 for a single manga, where as a boxset of a 12 episode anime works out at £2.50 an episode lol.

Manga I have = Deathnote, 10 books of Furuba, 2 books of Fushugi Yugi, 2 books of Strawberry Marshmallow, 1 book of Hidamari Sketch and then some others that are JezMM's.

Edited by Mollfie

My first anime was Sailor Moon, but the one series that I really got into was Hamtaro! I loved the little hamsters and the adventures they went on.

Now-a-days I watch:

Sonic X: (Cue bitching from people) I don't know why I enjoy watching the series, but I just do. I never did enjoy Chris, until the Metarex episodes because he didn't whine as much as he used to, but yet I liked most of the episodes. I also enjoyed Cosmo when she was introduced. Yea, most of the episodes where campy, but I'm one of those people who enjoy campy things.

Hellsing OVA: Hellsing is the shining example of a great vampire series: great dynamic characters, cool weapons, amazing fight sequences, and a plot that involves an old Nazi battalion. The anime series had nothing to do with the manga series, but the ova follows it incredibly well. It brought joy to my heart hearing the Major give his war speech, and I also enjoyed hearing Rip Van Winkle's voice!

Speed Racer (Original 60's version): Holy shit I love the classic speed racer series! The voice acting is brilliant, I love the extreme close ups on Speed's face as he gives the classic "AH!!!". The races themselves are pretty creative, taking in many parts of the world. The one race team that I love is the Acrobatic Car Team due to the fact that Snake Oiler is on the team. This show is the one series that I need to find on DVD.

Manga is another medium that I enjoy. I read King of Bandits Jing, Chrono Crusade, FLCL, and Hellsing.

^ What's the FLCL manga like? I kind of want to read it but I'm not sure, I adored the anime so I imagine that the manga is quite different because quite a few things would be hard to put across, especially the manga bit in the anime.

If you think FLCL the anime is weird, then the manga is an absolute mind-f#&k. It's only two volumes long but very little of it makes much sense. It's by no means bad, but it may take a few reads to even somewhat understand what just happened. The art is also really rough, may not appeal to all.

You should check out the FLCL written novels. They're really well written and even fill in some of the blanks the anime may have left.

Edited by Snatcher2047

I preferred the FLCL anime, because the manga

killed Kamon in a rather unceremonious way

, and he just happens to be my favorite of the cast. So it was kind of a drag.

I'm actually not that big of an Anime person, but I have been watching Wolf's Rain recently, =D. The only other Anime I've ever gotten into before this was FLCL, but it seems like everyone loves that show, ^^. Wolf's Rain is cool though; I'm on episode 10 right now and it's starting to get very interesting. I suggest if you haven't watched it and love all that is canine, you should watch it.

-Blur

I've only watched a bit of Akira...I found it really boring >.>

I need to agree although I watched all of it. I think the reason it is called "one of the best anime EVAR" is because it is meant to be what created the Matrix idea and it is also very much a Boy's Anime. Girls will watch it and think "Yawn, so boring!" but guys think it is the sex.

Ooooh Blur Wolf's Rain is amazing! I really enjoyed watching that anime!

Edited by Eileanach

is because it is meant to be what created the Matrix idea and it is also very much a Boy's Anime. Girls will watch it and think "Yawn, so boring!" but guys think it is the sex.
Akira has nothing to do with the Matrix, I think you're confused with Ghost in the Shell. :P

Chibi's a girl. She loved Akira. You just have lame taste in anime. :9

I remember watching Akira once years back when the Sci Fi channel showed anime movies every Saturday morning (the good ol' days). It was alright, if not somewhat disturbing. It was beautifully animated, I'll give it that, though.

I'm just not into anime that's too serious. I prefer anime comedy or romantic comedy series. Which is probably the reason I just can't get into any GUNDAM series.

Something I hate is that anime boxsets get released in the US before Uk...why not the same time? I'm still waiting for lots of boxsets to get released here and it's so annoying!!!

If they are made over in the US (which is where most of the dubbing happens they get it first).

Now now Remy - just because people haven't different tastes it is no need to demean them. Meh Matrix/Ghost in the Shell it's all the same... XD Actually it's not, I know. I was just listening to the guys in work talking about Akira and one of them said it was behind Ghost in the Shell AND the Matrix I am just repeating what he said. I wouldn't know because I didn't like Akira or the Matrix (loved GitS though) so why would I research into something I don't like?

Thanks for being demeaning though Remy it is always appreciated.

Most of the anime and manga I enjoy are usually pretty obscure by today's standards. Series that I tend to go for are AIR, Kino no Tabi, and Azumanga Daioh. I haven't seen them yet, but I've been meaning to get into Kamichu! and Haibane Renmei as well.

I preferred the FLCL anime, because the manga

killed Kamon in a rather unceremonious way

, and he just happens to be my favorite of the cast. So it was kind of a drag.

Aaaah that sucks.

I might have to just get a multi-region DVD player some time for the regions won't be an issue and I can just buy US releases.

I was watching Love Hina but I got tired of it, it's just the same formula every episode-Keitaro lands himself in an awkward situation-Naru beats the crap out of him-Everyone's happy happy happy by the end of the episode.

Fact. I watched it on the reccomendation of a friend... and the only reason I didn't give up after the first episode was that I'm no quitter. It's just so... pointless. "Oh look, I've got myself into another embarrasing situation and now violence is going to be perpetuated against me by angry girls." Lather, rinse, and repeat (often literally, in fact, with the number of hot springs scenes) for twenty-however-many episodes, and... gaah. That's several hours of my life I'll never get back.

Elfin Lied, on the other hand... OH YEAH. Arterial blood everywhere.

I mean it. EVERYWHERE.

Edited by Frozen Nitrogen

^ I love Elfen Lied, how can a character so cute cause so much destruction!? It's fantastic.

Nyu is cute.

Lucy is terrifying.

But then again, you'd be pissed too, if schoolchildren killed your puppy.

I've only watched a bit of Akira...I found it really boring >.>
Really? If you watched the entire thing, you would probably call it more beautiful animation yet disturbing.

Really? If you watched the entire thing, you would probably call it more beautiful animation yet disturbing.

Has people imagining their intestines are falling out and trying to scoop them back in, too.

Also, lasers.

Oh God I love introducing my friends to Akira. Such laughs. Everyone I have showed it to so far has called it the weirdest film they've ever seen.

Been wanting to read the manga considering they had to cram all those pages into a two hour movie, but yeah. procrastinatioooon.