Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you one of the worst animes if not the worst ever made. An anime that's so bad, it's good and if you ever want a laugh, this is a series to watch. I present to you, Chargeman Ken. Why is it so bad? Well, just watch. No comments are needed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsoaHMOp5uM

For those who don't know what this is, this was a series that's made by a studio called Knack who are responsible for making some of the strangest anime ever (surprisingly, they're still in business today). Chargeman Ken was an obscure series, but it gained a cult status in 2007. There was a panel at Anime Weekend Atlanta last weekend called Totally Lame Anime that highlighted this series.

First thing from the Fall season I checked out:
Beyond the Boundary. 

1239991_662654140420713_353664918_n.jpg

Another Kyoto Animation show.
First episode was pretty interesting, can't wait to see where this goes.

Re: Beyond The Boundary/ Kyokai No WhyTheFuckCan'tSubGroupsUseTheEnglishNameOfTheseShowsNoKyojin Kanata 01.

Pretty mixed on this one so far. I'm so happy to see Kyoani doing another action show, especially with young staff leading the show, but oh my god the girl was like the most cliche clumsy moe anime girl ever.

Like seriously. I like glasses but come on, the goofy comedy stuff sucked. It was cheesy even for me. The concept isn't all that fresh either, but I like the MC. A lot of people are comparing the dialogue to Nisio Isin's self aware ironic kind of anime stuff and I can definitely see that here. Big shades of characters like Zenkichi from Medaka Box.

The real reason to watch this is definitely the action. Even in this ep, the chase scene was smooth, imaginative and thrilling, and the tiny peek we got of fighting monsters, the times it happened looked fun.

The main problem is the first ep didn't really let on much and teased way more. We'll see how it develops I guess! I'm in though. It's interesting!

One Piece Chapter 7xx: Sanji haters out there, tell me, how can you still be against him when he has this many dramatic entrances? Black Leg is back bitches!

ASLO

Bleach and Naruto both look like they're about to finish, which is crazy IMO. One Piece is gonna be the only one left !!!

HAHAHAHAH CHECK OUT THIS POST FROM FEBURARY LAST YEAR. SINCE THEN NOTHING HAS HAPPENED

You guys seem to know your stuff, so... Is Fairy Tail any good? Manga or anime. I keep seeing people walking round with it on bags and shirts, so I figured it has to at least have some following, right...? Also... Is it drawn by the person who did Rave Master? Looks very familiar.

First episode of Kyoukai no Kanata gave me a very bad impression in general. The beggining was too fast-paced, and I think they should have explained more about the Spirit world and stuff. Also, I find the characters very dull (the klutzy girl annoys me a lot). But I will keep watching it since Chuunibyou also gave me a bad impression at first and I ended up liking it a lot.

I also watched the first episode of Coppelion. I enjoyed it a lot more than KnK. The pacing may be a little slow, but the characters make it enjoyable. And the scenery. Oh my God the scenery. So beautiful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you one of the worst animes if not the worst ever made. An anime that's so bad, it's good and if you ever want a laugh, this is a series to watch. I present to you, Chargeman Ken. Why is it so bad? Well, just watch. No comments are needed:

The whole video is hilariously bad but I totally lost my shit at the end. Christ.

Edited by Ristar

I thought the opposite about Coppelion too be honest. The setting was a little too vague to really draw me in this early and the pacing was dull, especially when the showdown of the ep amounted to shooting a wild dog.

I also can't get past the filter over everything- although I presume it's to point out how very irradiated and awful everything is in apocalyptic japan. Could be something that gets better as it goes on though. 

HI MY NAME IS MEOW AND I WILL FOREVER SING THE PRAISES OF KILL LA KILL.

On an inspirational level, Imaishi has been a huge inspiration to my artwork within the last few years (it's not a hard influence to spot if you've seen my stuff). Kill La Kill was pretty much action and adrenaline and style all the way through and I have no question in my mind that purely on the visuals alone this is going to inspire me for years to come. I really like where the story is heading too, sure it doesn't seem like a complex plot but the thing is the action, visuals, and characters so far have all really pleased me that I don't care if it ends up being shallow. Hell one of my favourite things is Dead Leaves which really has a paper thin plot but it is so damn entertaining it ends up being an enjoyable story anyway. I don't give two shits about whether something has some deep, profound meaning as long as I'm engaged. And boy am I engaged with this show.

Fucking can't wait for episode 2.

• Thumbs Up 2

HI MY NAME IS MEOW AND I WILL FOREVER SING THE PRAISES OF KILL LA KILL.

On an inspirational level, Imaishi has been a huge inspiration to my artwork within the last few years (it's not a hard influence to spot if you've seen my stuff). Kill La Kill was pretty much action and adrenaline and style all the way through and I have no question in my mind that purely on the visuals alone this is going to inspire me for years to come. I really like where the story is heading too, sure it doesn't seem like a complex plot but the thing is the action, visuals, and characters so far have all really pleased me that I don't care if it ends up being shallow. Hell one of my favourite things is Dead Leaves which really has a paper thin plot but it is so damn entertaining it ends up being an enjoyable story anyway. I don't give two shits about whether something has some deep, profound meaning as long as I'm engaged. And boy am I engaged with this show.

Fucking can't wait for episode 2.

Is it subbed somewhere?

WAIT KILL LA KIL HAS BEGUN

WHAT WHY WASNT I NOTIFIED I HAVE TO GET ON THIS

I wonder if the first episode is available on CrunchyRoll yet

It is, it is where I watched it. It went up earlier today smile.png

oooooooooooooooooooh snap, gotta get on that Gainax goodness mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

HOLY SHIT

I was laughing my ass off with Kill La Kill. I didn't know what the fuck was going on. Just funny shit was happening. All I got was something about a school, powerful uniforms, and some ditzy girl falling asleep in class.

I seriously didn't know what to expect but I really love it.

I had my doubts about it, but Kill La Kill is probably gonna be my favorite this season. I mean, that first episode was just epic.

Kill la Kill was just great.

The action. The animation. The characters. The comedy. THE MADNESS. Even the minor details like the character's facial expressions. It was just so on point. Definitely can't wait to see the rest.

I still can't get over that ridiculous costume.

...but it was pretty good otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 2

I still can't get over that ridiculous costume.

...but it was pretty good otherwise.

Being from the guys who did Gurren Lagann, I gotta say I am not offended by the costume and I can't help but laugh at its absurdity since it's trying so hard to be of that stereotype of fanservice.

This is going to be an awesome series.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'll admit while I suppose its fappable I was too busy laughing on how much they were poking fun at the said outfit. But at this rate everyone is going to get naked considering the premise.

Also is it me or does Kill La Kill remind you of Kill Bill? Just with a school setting and school uniforms as power-ups.

Shingeki no Kyojin 50:

-Hannes ;__;)7

-Eren was BADASS for once.

-It seems that Eren is able to control titans. Wat.

This is a huge advantage, and can lead to a lot of possibilities, but like Bert and Reiner said, this power is in the wrong hands, because I´m pretty sure that Eren will think of using this power for vengeance. Let´s hope not.

-I know Mikasa thanking Eren for everything was supposed to be a cute moment and stuff, but the horde of titans fighting in the background and everyone suffering made me lose my shit.

Edited by Ristar
  • Thumbs Up 1

So I'm watching attack on titan...

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but this show apparently says fuck the square cube law.

Titans eating people is used so frequently I'm only a few episodes in and already numb to it.  

Oh god what is this pacing stopping in the middle of a pitched battle.

to backstory at us it's like I'm really watching Season 1 of Naruto middle of a pitched battle

pacing

Am I to really believe that only this one kid wants to wipe out the titans?  Has no one else considered this?

This is also another instance of this weird thing in Japanese media of Asians being valuable because so many have been wiped out.  

Oh god these people freeze up out of fear every 20 seconds it seems like and the camera is all too willing to hover on it because I guess they're trying to hide that their budget wasn't up to the style or something.  

Oh and they also took the jawline of Eren's titan form from EVA-01.  

Edited by Phos
  • Thumbs Up 1