Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Somebody kill me, this is awful.

Sounds like Brittney Karbowski...If it is, then I totally called that ever since Sentai's acquisition announcement.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only two things Gainax has ever made that I actually enjoyed were Panty & Stocking and Evangelion 2.22 (first was shit). 

I liked it because it was entertaining. I'm the last person here who should be accused of favorable Gainax bias. :V

• Thumbs Up 1

The only thing I like from Gainax is Panty & Stocking, and the Japanese dub no less.

I think I beat you in that regard lol :V

• Thumbs Up 1

We all know you secretly love Gurren Lagann Dissy.

It's okay, we're here for you.

But anyways, anyone know where I can find the subbed version of Yugioh Duel Monsters on a video player that isn't ass?

• Thumbs Up 1

I think everyone knows I completely whore over Black Rock Shooter here :P But I also really liked Girls und Panzer.

Moe school girls in Tanks, wuttttt <3

I don't like dubs in general, but I feel like Funi has had a lot of flops that people just graze over.

Like I really hate the

One Piece dub

Sure is a lot of "stop liking things I don't like" going on in here :v

I've still gotta check out that Kyoukai no Kanata show though. I've heard really mixed things and I am unsure if I'm gonna like it, some of the visuals look pretty cool but I dunno if it's gonna really be my kind of show. But I am gonna give it a shot!

On the subject of Gainax fanwank, I'm a lot more specific than just liking 'Gainax'. Hiroyuki Imaishi is fucking insanely talented and a huge inspiration to me so I don't really consider myself much of a Gainax fan per say (considering they have made quite a few things I don't really care much for at all) so much of an Imaishi fan. Also Kill La Kill isn't Gainax - it's from (surprise) Hiroyuki Imaishi's animation studio. Of course I'm gonna post about how much I like it.

Same way people love the shit out of Attack on Titan, or One Piece, or Naruto or a lot of other anime really but I'm not about to start complaining that other people are enjoying those things in a thread meant to talk about whatever anime or manga.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't like dubs in general, but I feel like Funi has had a lot of flops that people just graze over.

Like I really hate the

One Piece dub

You hate the One Piece dub and have a Kore was Zombie Desu Ka? avatar

2212%20-%20animated_gif%20beautiful%20da

Glorious

You hate the One Piece dub and have a Kore was Zombie Desu Ka? avatar

2212%20-%20animated_gif%20beautiful%20da

Glorious

I-it's festive >:U Besides what is the correlation between the two.

and broken link

Edited by Undead Waffle

me

Oh wait you weren't being sarcastic for once? :U

Oh man I just realized that you have one to *brofist DESUKA*

Sure is a lot of "stop liking things I don't like" going on in here :v

On the subject of Gainax fanwank, I'm a lot more specific than just liking 'Gainax'. Hiroyuki Imaishi is fucking insanely talented and a huge inspiration to me so I don't really consider myself much of a Gainax fan per say (considering they have made quite a few things I don't really care much for at all) so much of an Imaishi fan. Also Kill La Kill isn't Gainax - it's from (surprise) Hiroyuki Imaishi's animation studio. Of course I'm gonna post about how much I like it.

Same way people love the shit out of Attack on Titan, or One Piece, or Naruto or a lot of other anime really but I'm not about to start complaining that other people are enjoying those things in a thread meant to talk about whatever anime or manga.

...Except I wasn't talking about KLK, I was merely expressing that Funimation aren't always amazing and I hated their work on P&S which was Gainax.

I don't really like anything Gainax besides Panty & Stocking, so that means I don't really give a toss about Gurren Lagann or Eva either, I don't really see anything particularly amazing from Trigger either, KLK looks pretty meh to me, so... So what if I don't like it? 

I don't know, I was telling Noel that maybe I should give it a chance but it's so... Eeh, non-visually appealing, the character designs are fucking awful and I question the clothing design for that... Thing she wears, my partner has been reblogging a lot of KLK stuff and I'm honestly not seeing what is so grand and amazing about it or it's animation quality? I do want to watch it, but there are so many variables that are stopping me from taking the chance to even search it, that and I think it sucks how Gaianax/Trigger/Shonen over shadow pretty much anything discussed in this topic when you try to start discussion on an obscure or an anime that went under the radar, and it immediately gets shafted for talk on gurren Lagann or One Piece.

I don't know I just think anime/manga is such a broad topic that it's impossible to contain it in a single "general" thread.

I don't know I just think anime/manga is such a broad topic that it's impossible to contain it in a single "general" thread.

Well we either have this or separate threads like the Adventure Time one where the only posts it gets are the ones with links to new episodes.

Edited by Undead Waffle

Except there are people here who could talk for the world about in depth One Piece discussion, or even Attack on Titan since I've seen so much spoilered talk over it. *shrugs*

Well I think we could just use a animation sub-forum or something to that effect as well, but whatever.

But if your just seeing gif sets of Kill la Kill you for sure aren't getting the right experience. It's at least worth checking out the preview.

edit: sorry posted wrong preview asdf http://www.crunchyroll.com/kill-la-kill/kill-la-kill-pv-2-645079

Edited by Undead Waffle

I am not saying everyone needs to like Kill la Kill/ Gainax. That wasn't my point. My point was against people complaining in this very thread about people fanwanking Gainax and Trigger and whoever else. Feel free to say you hate it all you want - my sentiment was coming from that it just read like people were complaining about others liking something they didn't.

Well, uhh.. No, that's not the case sorry, you can like anything you want to like, i won't lose sleep over it xD; 

Btw I watched the preview and had no idea what was going on, it still looks rough as fuck, is it meant to look so... Grey?

I dunno, the show seemed like one big gifset to me huehuehue

But seriously, Kill la Kill probably won't be your cup of tea.

? Well the episode takes place often in dark rooms, underground and cloudy/gloomy skies. Pretty sure it'll get brighter later on.

but cmon it has a revealing impractical costume isn't that what's popular with kids these days

Edited by Undead Waffle

The design still has to be apealing.

I could stare at any of the dragons from Dragonauts and think they all look like shit even if they're all fucking busty girls.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ehh I might give it a watch, my partner keeps bugging me to so...

Still not liking the angular faces on the girls, especially the girl from the student council, from the PV she just looks awful :c

Ehh I might give it a watch, my partner keeps bugging me to so...

Still not liking the angular faces on the girls, especially the girl from the student council, from the PV she just looks awful :c

Well then you'd like the MC's friend (slow with learning these fucking oriental names) she is drawn with a literal circle for a head.

I also have the slight hopeful feeling that the suit gets more clothed/less revealing as it's powered up. Like Gurren Lagann (shameless plugin)

But yeah, even if it doesn't look like your cup of tea you should at least give it an episode before writing it off.

Edited by Undead Waffle

kill la kill is under half an hour long and streaming for free in virtually every country on earyth. instead of commenting on the preview just watch the ep, it's not like the half an hour it takes from your life is being used for anything else useful at all.

Anyway, Kill La Kill discussion over here-