Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Okay so, people saying they like Beyond the Boundary or they don't because of the confusion and overwhelming moe in it, but what else is good this season disregarding the fact that Kill la Kill is an entertaining watch?

How's the new Hajime no Ippo series? I used to watch Ippo all the way back when and seeing it reappear was a little bit of a surprise, but is it any good or still a little average?

Is Coppelion good? That was another highly anticipated anime, but I keep hearing mixed views about it and can't make up my mind whether to bother watching it or not.

a) Okay so, people saying they like Beyond the Boundary or they don't because of the confusion and overwhelming moe in it, but what else is good this season disregarding the fact that Kill la Kill is an entertaining watch?

cool.png Is Coppelion good? That was another highly anticipated anime, but I keep hearing mixed views about it and can't make up my mind whether to bother watching it or not.

a)

Kuroko no bas- *shot*

Let´s see...Galilei Donna and Samurai Flamenco start next week, and then there´s Pupa, which doesn´t have a date yet. These are highly anticipated, and from what I´ve seen in the pvs, they look pretty good.

b ) You can give it a chance, there is only one episode at the moment.

General consensus is that the episode was too slow and the story was a bit vague. The scenery was gorgeous, though.

(I haven´t seen Hajime no Ippo, so I have nothing to say :( )

PD: But seriously guys, watch Kuroko no Basket oka- *shot*

Edited by Ristar

Isn't Pupa that weird vore anime?

Haha, but what is Kuroko no Basket about? Not heard of it until this season rolled around.

Isn't Pupa that weird vore anime?

Haha, but what is Kuroko no Basket about? Not heard of it until this season rolled around.

Yes. I personally try to avoid this kind of series, I recommended it because everyone is nuts about it.

The truth is that there is no release date because no channel wants to buy it, so that means it must be brutal tongue.png

Well,about Kuroko... first season finished airing exactly one year ago, and second started airing yesterday. It is also a bit underrated, that´s why you may have never heard about it. 

But it´s actually very enjoyable. The characters are really nice, the premise is original, and some matches are intense.

Edited by Ristar

Okay so, people saying they like Beyond the Boundary or they don't because of the confusion and overwhelming moe in it, but what else is good this season disregarding the fact that Kill la Kill is an entertaining watch?

I like it. The moe was a bit much but honestly I'd rather have a tolerable amount of cuteness over CHECK OUT THE BOOBIES, WOOOOAAAAAAHHHHH! It's a hell of a lot easier to ignore and when turned into a joke (the main character girl falls on her face enough times that it becomes a running gag, and it's actually quite funny by the end) it can actually be funny.

Though maybe I'm weird for thinking "LOL THE HAMSTER WAS IN HER BOOBS THE WHOLE TIME" was fucking cringe-worthy.

edit - Oh, and I was being sarcastic, Meow. I don't really care what other people like or dislike as it has no bearing on me anyway. 

Edited by Discoid

I like it. The moe was a bit much but honestly I'd rather have a tolerable amount of cuteness over CHECK OUT THE BOOBIES, WOOOOAAAAAAHHHHH! It's a hell of a lot easier to ignore and when turned into a joke (the main character girl falls on her face enough times that it becomes a running gag, and it's actually quite funny by the end) it can actually be funny.

Though maybe I'm weird for thinking "LOL THE HAMSTER WAS IN HER BOOBS THE WHOLE TIME" was fucking cringe-worthy.

edit - Oh, and I was being sarcastic, Meow. I don't really care what other people like or dislike as it has no bearing on me anyway. 

I don't know how you can have a problem with the boob hamster, but like Panty And Stocking, which had some of the lamest, cheesiest, awfully unfunny sex "jokes" of all time, I think that series would have been about 100x better without all lines related to Panty's vagina and the things she was using it for, but each to their own, i guess. 

The costume in Kill La Kill and the moe poop in Beyond the Boundary (alongside with the writing, which I can't tell sucks because of fansubbers or sucks because it sucks) are both annoying for different reasons, I think. The real show I'm looking forward to watching weekly this season is probably Kyousogiga based on what I've watched so far.

Or maybe hunter x hunter :>

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know how you can have a problem with the boob hamster, but like Panty And Stocking, which had some of the lamest, cheesiest, awfully unfunny sex "jokes" of all time, I think that series would have been about 100x better without all lines related to Panty's vagina and the things she was using it for, but each to their own, i guess.

The costume in Kill La Kill and the moe poop in Beyond the Boundary (alongside with the writing, which I can't tell sucks because of fansubbers or sucks because it sucks) are both annoying for different reasons, I think. The real show I'm looking forward to watching weekly this season is probably Kyousogiga based on what I've watched so far.

Or maybe hunter x hunter :>

That's what P&SG was from the beginning though. Nothing more, nothing less. When your premise is a crude parody show about two angels who got kicked out of heaven on account of being gluttonous/a massive slut then you know what to expect. It was silly and ridiculous and although I did think some of the jokes went too far I more or less got what I expected.

The sex jokes in TTGL on the other hand have no bearing on the premise, plot, or tone. Same with Evangelion and FLCL. I skipped all three of them after trying out a few episodes of each.

Pretty much, I only liked the show when it focused on the fights. Which meant I just liked the beginning, middle, and end episodes. The humor was dreadful, I think the writers were trying to make the show into the Japanese South Park but at the same time didn't understand what made South Park so great.

Also I love the art style, but the animation itself was fucking shit during most of the show.

That's what P&SG was from the beginning though. Nothing more, nothing less. When your premise is a crude parody show about two angels who got kicked out of heaven on account of being gluttonous/a massive slut then you know what to expect. It was silly and ridiculous and although I did think some of the jokes went too far I more or less got what I expected.

The sex jokes in TTGL on the other hand have no bearing on the premise, plot, or tone. Same with Evangelion and FLCL. I skipped all three of them after trying out a few episodes of each.

You could say they had bearing on the tone during the first 8 episodes of the series, which were quite comedy oriented.

okay

Then what did you think of the plot, premise, or tone? The boobhumor is a very minor shitspeck on a much wider premise.

Also it's impossible to know the plot of Gurren Lagann on the first few episodes. I can't speak for Evangelion since I'm not interested in it.

Edited by Solkia
  • Thumbs Up 5

Somebody kill me, this is awful.

2 pages back I know but, I think the person voicing the character is pretty good given I haven't watched the show at all but given the screen shots and everything the VA kind portrays the characters crazy to normal voice pretty darn well.

Also, has there been any confirmation on an attack on titan English dub (haven't really been following this topic that much) I want to watch it but I want to wait and see first if it gets one.

Somebody kill me, this is awful.

Well that was fast.

Tomoko's English voice reminds me of one a them Canadian teen cartoons.

Well that was fast.

Tomoko's English voice reminds me of one a them Canadian teen cartoons.

It's the woman who did Blackstar from Soul Eater according to sources.

That voice was so annoying...

Re: Watamote dub:

Apparently the voice is only for a promo for the sub version being put on TAN.

Kiiiiinda weird they'd do that.

Edited by Dizcrybe

Re: Watamote dub:

Apparently the voice is only for a promo for the sub version being put on TAN.

Kiiiiinda weird they'd do that.

Thank. God.

Why would they do that, though? Do they think people can't read subtitles, or something?

Weird. Tomoko's voice in this promo kinda sounds like Britney Karbowski (Ikaros from Sora No Otoshimono, Maelstrom from Is this a Zombie? and Mikasa from A Certain Magical Index), though I'm not sure.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Edited by Dark Tomoki

Thank. God.

Why would they do that, though? Do they think people can't read subtitles, or something?

No I doubt they think that, its a promo, they're promoting it *confetti*, what I'm wondering is why people are making a big deal out of this. 

Few more weeks and Fate/Zero's english boxset will be mine.  Looking forward to it, but the price tag on it is a crazy, $149.

Edited by Noel

Weird. Tomoko's voice in this promo kinda sounds like Britney Karbowski (Ikaros from Sora No Otoshimono, Maelstrom from Is this a Zombie? and Mikasa from A Certain Magical Index), though I'm not sure.

I said that already.

Few more weeks and Fate/Zero's english boxset will be mine.  Looking forward to it, but the price tag on it is a crazy, $149.

There is no reason an anime DVD should cost this much.

There is no reason an anything DVD should cost this much.

You're not buying a 3-year-old game console, you're buying a friggin' DVD.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thought I'd break radio silence whilst I'm at work on my break.... But...

The most I've seen an anime boxset go for is $275, which was the premium LE Black Rock Shooter boxset Blu-ray with iBRS figma.

If I'm completely honest, it's not worth the price tag in the slighest when the series is a mere 8 episodes long, hell the OVA LE came with way more stuff at a fraction of the price, it's crazy. :c