Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

.... No it doesn't...? It goes to an article about Space Dandy being broadcast simultaneously in Japan and America. 

Then maybe it hates people who haven't been to that website before.

Yep, after trying several times on a few browsers, it will still redirect me to funimation.com.

Edited by Mogtaki

I am so excited. Space Dandy is awesome looking so far, I've been waiting for a project like this again from Watanabe! A return to space - even if it is more comedic.

Remz, you'll be happy to know that I am reading Magi....its glorious.

Magi is awesome, though I didn't really enjoy the latest battle, beam spams everywhere.

And talking about Magi, how is the second season of the anime? The first season didn't follow the manga, does the second one just outright ignores the first?

I wanted to reply to these posts when I read them (so like 10 days ago) but I kept getting really distracted. Yes! Magi is awesome! and it makes me happy to know at least one dude got into reading it from how much I used to talk about it hahaha. I loved that manga so much.

To be honest, I went a little cold on it awhile back when Magnostadt (sp?) and the anime started, because both were kind of... not good, but I have faith in Ohtaka being able to put the story back on the rails. Hopefully more fun adventure/RPG stuff less beamspam wars :D

*First post in the anime thread, woot~*

So yeah, this is happening.

Japanese Anime Series Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers Announced

Marvel announced today a new Avengers animated series specifically made for the Japanese market. Titled Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers, the series comes via The Walt Disney Company (Japan) Ltd and will debut in Japan in spring 2014. Disk Wars, produced by by Nerima-ku, Tokyo-based Toei Animation Co., Ltd., will, per the press release, “revolve around how The Avengers – Iron Man,

Captain America, Thor and the Hulk together with the help of Spider-Man and a group of teens, will harness their respective fighting skills and superhuman powers to foil Loki’s scheme to take over the world.”

Previous Walt Disney Japan animated series include the 2008 Fireball and Stich, an animated series that took the Disney animated character and put him in new adventures in Okinawa. Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers is described as Walt Disney Japan’s “first animated television series specifically targeted at boys.”

Marvel_Disk_Wars_The_Avengers.jpg

Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers.

Despite not being mentioned in the press release, the Wasp is clearly visible in the image released for the series. Now will they go really old school and call these young allies the Avengers have the Teen Brigade?

No US release for the series has been announced, but it seems likely it will occur at some point, much like the previous Marvel Anime titles were eventually shown (and released on DVD) here.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/23/japanese-anime-series-marvel-disk-wars-the-avengers-announced

Captain America, Thor and the Hulk together with the help of Spider-Man and a group of teens, will harness their respective fighting skills and superhuman powers to foil Loki’s scheme to take over the world.”

"and a group of teens"

tumblr_mpfz532WfR1qkbpibo4_500.png

Edited by Yeow the Baneful
  • Thumbs Up 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7gkBz9Lwpg

Yooooo, new trailer for Studio Ghibli's The Tale of Princess Kaguya, with its damn beautiful animation style in all of its glory. Directed by isao Takahata, co-founder of Studio Ghibli and writer and director of Grave of the Fireflies. But seriously, at least give this one peek, the animation is truly a spectacle to behold.

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 5

The Saint Young Men film is up on the net, but it's not subbed yet.

Ughhhhhh I can't wait this loooong...

Also, what the crap The Avengers and a group of teens?

Goddamnit, Disney.

I didn't like the 1st episode of Gatchaman Crowds, but after looking at the new review on ANN, I might give it another shot.

*First post in the anime thread, woot~*

So yeah, this is happening.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/23/japanese-anime-series-marvel-disk-wars-the-avengers-announced

tumblr_mpfz532WfR1qkbpibo4_500.png

Oh god, I can even call their archetype by looking at them:

Red dude is gonna be the main character

Blue dude is gonna who hates him, but not really

Brown dude is gonna be the strong one

The one with glasses is gonna be small smart one

And of, the girl.

ARGH, this is gonna be painful.

An Avengers anime? Huh, neat! I wonder what-

"and a group of teens"

Aaaaand any interest I had has been flushed down the crapper. 

Edited by Dead Robrainiac: Lost Ep.

I don't think you can even blame japan so much for the "assistant team of teens" thing. I thought that trope had mostly died off?? Probably a decision from disney to make the avengers more relatable to kids or something like that. 

I don't think you can even blame japan so much for the "assistant team of teens" thing. I thought that trope had mostly died off?? Probably a decision from disney to make the avengers more relatable to kids or something like that.

Aye, it says in the description that it was Disney's way of 'appealing to young boys'.

Anyone else wondering where Captain America and Thor are in that image?

I only see Iron Man, Hulk, Spider-Man, Wasp, a Megaman knockoff, and a Super Saiyan in medieval clothing.

And speaking of which I wonder if Spider-Man in this show will be like the Japanese Spider-Man in the live-action series.

Edited by Glad Tidings Gabriel

This season has quite a few shows I've been following. Beyond the Boundary has been pretty damn good so far. And I've been liking Nagi No Asukara, its like weird but interesting. The male lead is kind of over the top and annoying but I can live with it, the prejudiced relationship between the land and sea humans is played out ok.

The Saint Young Men film is up on the net, but it's not subbed yet.

Oh, that reminds me that I haven´t seen the second OVA yet *goes away*

---

Okay, seen. I am a bit dissapointed,good thing it was only 10 minutes long. The movie looks good, though.

Edited by Ristar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7gkBz9Lwpg

Yooooo, new trailer for Studio Ghibli's The Tale of Princess Kaguya, with its damn beautiful animation style in all of its glory. Directed by isao Takahata, co-founder of Studio Ghibli and writer and director of Grave of the Fireflies. But seriously, at least give this one peek, the animation is truly a spectacle to behold.

My god! That animation! <3 That's one movie I'd love to see!

So I've been watching Benbougami on Funimations website. I thought I would hate this show... I have laughed, I enjoy it... I get to hear Patrick Seitz as a Cajun black man, this show wins.

So I've been watching Benbougami on Funimations website. I thought I would hate this show... I have laughed, I enjoy it... I get to hear Patrick Seitz as a Cajun black man, this show wins.

Oh man, Binbougami Ga! is freakin' amazing. All those references they throw in there are just gold.

In other news, for those who use Crunchyroll, they launched their own manga service today, with manga such as Attack on Titan, Fairy Tail, Space Brothers, and more. There's even a space for some fan submissions too. Huh. Apparently the complete manga service is included with the All-Access membership with no additional charge.

Edited by appARition

So, I finally finished season zero.

Fuck, that was so awesome, I'm not sure if I even want to watch the japanese dub of the shitty Duel Monsters reboot anymore.

Magi 05:

It´s only the fifth episode but the anime story is totally different form the manga. It´s very underwhelming, really... And it´s not the only issue, the animation is horrible. I guess the budget will be spent on the last episodes.

It´s very dissapointing to see how bad the anime adaptation is, this doesn´t do any justice to the manga sad.png

Edited by Ristar

I've been watching DBZ movies lately.

They are all, just one hour fight scenes. But hey, they're enjoyable fight scenes.

Ok, Wrath of the Dragon is the one DBZ movie I'd exclude from that, (and maybe Battle of the Gods when I see it) because WoD is more about Trunk's bond with that Chrono Trigger reject, making it all the more stupid that Goku just suddenly stole the show in the end.

I've been watching DBZ movies lately.

They are all, just one hour fight scenes. But hey, they're enjoyable fight scenes.

I am by no means a big DBZ fan, but I can tolerate the movies because they are contained in one single hour long story instead of dragging a fight on for twenty-some episodes (sometimes more) like in the TV series.  That and they tend to have a little more fun with the characters in the movies.

Edited by Snatcher2047

Shingeki no Kyojin 51

Oh God Connie´s face when he confirmed that the titan he saw in his village was indeed his mother, and Hanji´s face oh God ;___;

And totally irrevelant, but Eren dressed with the cleanup clothes and telling the others to clean their shoes was so freaking cute nnnnngh

Edited by Ristar