Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I don't really watch much anime...

But good God almighty, Deathnote is the greatest friggin' thing in the history of ever. I can't get enough of it. On episode 17 now I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

Catching Space Dandy on Toonami

Definitely gonna watch Nisekoi. Hopefully the anime retains all the glorious reaction faces.

Gonna continue on with Chu-2 and Silver Spoon

Probably gonna watch the Sonico anime for the lulz

And then I'll probably just check out whatever gets picked up by Crunchyroll

Oh, so there's going to be a Hunter X Hunter movie?

Is there any details out there?

There's a trailer! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxxJZlzPXIw

It's non canon material I think, and allegedly about "exposing the crimes of netero and the hunter organization"

It also appears to feature several characters from the arc after the Chimera Ant one. It's good to see Leorio and Kurapika show up again, but I'm not sure on the quality of the movie. The last one IMO was a pretty bad film, with some boring battles and characters so hopefully this one will be a little better. 

Maybe there's some good stuff on the Winter anime chart, but it's hard for me to remember as it's drowned out by just how horrendous the bad is.  I guess if I get desperate I can catch up on some things I didn't have time for before.

So, looking at this from the outside, I suppose anime is one of those things where there's only a few good new ones and tons of generic shit to weed through to find the good stuff?

• Thumbs Up 3

So, looking at this from the outside, I suppose anime is one of those things where there's only a few good new ones and tons of generic shit to weed through to find the good stuff?

Honestly, I think the amount needed to sort through varies from season to season. But yes.

Out of all the new shows in the whole chart, only Nobunaga the fool seemed interesting to me. The Lupin & Cased Closed movie should be sweet too!

I'm down for Space Dandy if it ends up being good, but I have to agree it's a pretty barren season compared to the others we had this year. 

So, now that I finished Code Geass (Fucking Ending, btw ;-; ), its time to start a series I've been wanting to follow for quite some time... Gurren Lagann.

I'm already at episode 6, and boy, I can see this will be a REEEEEALLY trippy ride...

So, now that I finished Code Geass (Fucking Ending, btw ;-; ), its time to start a series I've been wanting to follow for quite some time... Gurren Lagann.

I'm already at episode 6, and boy, I can see this will be a REEEEEALLY trippy ride...

I like Gurren Lagann, but I cannot help but I have never found it to be as great as other people say it is. Maybe I'm just negative, but it really didn't do much of anything for me to warrant it as one of my favorite anime shows. The action was good, but I really didn't care much for the plot, which is really important for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

You're in for the ride of your life, especially episode 8 and onwards. I wouldn't say "trippy" is the right word though. More like "intense" "epic" "amazing" "emotional" etc. 

You're in for the ride of your life, especially episode 8 and onwards. I wouldn't say "trippy" is the right word though. More like "intense" "epic" "amazing" "emotional" etc. 

Yeah, I'm at episode 10 right now, I'd say things started getting REALLY good on episode 7, not that it wasn't goo before, just that now it has a little bit more focus... Episode 8 was quite the punch to the gut, seriously, It caught me offguard.

Yeah, I'm at episode 10 right now, I'd say things started getting REALLY good on episode 7, not that it wasn't goo before, just that now it has a little bit more focus... Episode 8 was quite the punch to the gut, seriously, It caught me offguard.

Don't worry, this was everyone's reaction. 

And I think it feels like it has more focus 7 or 8 onward is because the episodes before took their time introducing the world and characters. It's sort of like those episodes set the stage for the rest of the plot to happen. 

psst if you want to talk about TTGL some more there's my TTGL topic right here: 

Welp, I've officially gotten Durarara!! on DVD for only 20 bucks and am getting my money's worth.

"But how did you pull off this arcane magic?!" you might be asking. Simple: I trusted eBay. And, as I very nearly learned the hard way, you're not supposed to trust eBay. Quite frankly, as much as I longed to see the series again, there was no way in hell I was paying $200. Especially if there's a sizable chance it might air on Toonami sometime in 2014. 

If that DVD has all episodes on it, and its Region Free/Region 0, its actually a bootleg copy. tongue.png

I was pretty sure it was, and figured that it was worth 30 years in prison to enjoy this series. I was too mesmerized by remembering and reliving those days in 2011 being mesmerized by DRRR to care. It is hard to not be mesmerized by a $20 price tag for something typically worth an equally mesmerizing $200.

Edit: Huh... it's in the NTSC region. I guess it's not bootlegged?

Eva 3.0 hitting our shores next month in select theatres, and a BD release in Feb/March, check it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqvRRjZfJc0

list of theaters in the US it'll be showing at

http://www.elevenarts.net/th_gallery/evangelion-3-0-you-can-not-redo/

Two of the ones closest to me are still an hour away for me, but i'll probably still check it out, I mean, I just have to see my favorite existential giant robot cartoon on the big screen. 

Eva 3.0 hitting our shores next month in select theatres, and a BD release in Feb/March, check it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqvRRjZfJc0

list of theaters in the US it'll be showing at

http://www.elevenarts.net/th_gallery/evangelion-3-0-you-can-not-redo/

Two of the ones closest to me are still an hour away for me, but i'll probably still check it out, I mean, I just have to see my favorite existential giant robot cartoon on the big screen. 

Fak, none of them are close to me