Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Rewatching Slayers; I've really grown to like David Moo's Xellos. It's hard to get through in the beginning, but his acting works for the role.

So taking a break from reading Jojo (and it's pretty great btw, just finished Part 3) and catching up on all the Dessorosa fun I missed out on from One Piece in the months I took a break from that, ill just say that shit is really getting intense, it's that golden moment in a OP arc where all the players are set (Strawhats, Dolfamingo, the new Admiral, Bellamy, Big Mom, etc) and the race to the climax begins, and after all the typical world building, character establishing, and general history they have given us I'm really getting intreseted in seeing how it all plays out, and to see how Doflamingo gets that shit eating grin wiped from his face…..But that's not all

So in the latest chapter, some……surprise bombs have been dropped. First off an old character makes a return and it's

tumblr_mxmi9rygAm1sktg4ho1_500.jpg

Koala, from the Fishman Island Arc (first seen in flashback sequence)

But that's not all, we also got an obvious hint at another character comeback that has everyone going nuts

tumblr_inline_mxme3jrSC21rsmksc.png

It's fucking Sabo yo!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

For the love of all things one piece don't click those spoilers until you're up to date

That'll never happen for me... I'm still on chapter 5. ;A;

For the love of all things one piece don't click those spoilers until you're up to date

Does 100 episodes behind count as up to date? Fuck it, I'll watch everything in 10x speed so i can catch up.

Does 100 episodes behind count as up to date? Fuck it, I'll watch everything in 10x speed so i can catch up.

You're better off reading the manga, even if you caught up the anime episodes are still about a year behind the current events. Also way less filler.

i'm not much of a fan of animes but I like to watch Sonic X and I read the Sonic manga as well. Powerpuff Girls z is also I like and Pokemon

Next Shippuden version we'll see...

...the animated version of the "In your face" Rasengan

And maybe Obito finally will show his face and be able to listen how the goofy Tobi VA sounds when doing a serious role of the same character (Since it was confirmed that he was going to voice adult Obito

The gif from the episode preview

tumblr_mxq765aUEn1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

I watched a lot of animes... Inuyasha, Pokémon, Dragon Ball\Z\GT, Sailor Moon, YuYuHakusho, Yugioh, Saint Seiya, Sakura Card Captors, Digimon... But I don't watch anything in special today. I'm watching Ranma 1\2 again, only. I also love yaoi. >\\\>

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently going through Girls Und Panzer. It's kinda average so far.

Omgggg I love it, it's so moe and it gets awesome with the tanks man...

Weebs really get defensive when you tell them you don't like Angel beats, Clannad, or even Sword Art Online for that matter. As I noticed today with my brother's friend. Lets just say that I laughed alot as he tried to convince me that Angel Beats was like the best thing ever made. Now don't get me wrong we all have our preferances but don't get in a bunch if I tell you if I don't like it and you ask me about it. Even with reasons behind it against Otakus or weaboos (guessing an Otaku is pretty much a weaboo or another word for it) its like talking to a brick wall ha ha.

An Otaku is a person who braces Japanese culture healthily, and doesn't think Japan is the best answer to everything, I'm an Otaku since I collect anime figurines, CD's, games and DVD's on a large scale but I know when to call it quits, a Weeb will literally compare everything to Japan and state how inferior it is compared to Japan, they're also incredibly obnoxious and over the top with their love for Japan, I mean I like Japan but it's not the greatest thing in the world, I embrace any culture really if there's something I like within it, but to say that Japan/Anime hasn't shaped my life would be a gross understatement.

• Thumbs Up 4

An Otaku is a person who braces Japanese culture healthily, and doesn't think Japan is the best answer to everything, I'm an Otaku since I collect anime figurines, CD's, games and DVD's on a large scale but I know when to call it quits, a Weeb will literally compare everything to Japan and state how inferior it is compared to Japan, they're also incredibly obnoxious and over the top with their love for Japan, I mean I like Japan but it's not the greatest thing in the world, I embrace any culture really if there's something I like within it, but to say that Japan/Anime hasn't shaped my life would be a gross understatement.

I wish the majority of anime fans thought like this though sad.png Because in the end it really makes the normal fan look fucking stupid.

I wish the majority of anime fans thought like this though sad.png Because in the end it really makes the normal fan look fucking stupid.

How do you know what is the majority and what is the minority? I'm an Otaku lol, dvds, figures, merchandise, I love it buuuuut, I don't think its the best thing ever.

Otaku? No, not really, it's just a person that embraces the anime side of things, they don't frown upon anyone since Otaku is the term used in Japan for a person who likes anime and collecting it and it's merchandise, pretty sure Weeb/Weeaboo is a slang internet term for someone that takes it too far that it becomes offensive even to an Otaku or people who aren't considered Otaku.

Don't know if you guys know of Danny Choo? He run's the insanely popular Otaku/Slice of life website "Culture Japan" and is considered an Icon in Japan for what he's achieved, he runs most of his news by figures/dolls/anime releases, but also deep cultural roots, visits to other countries and even robotics, he's set out to create the first A.I anime doll, using his flagship character "Mirai-Chan", he is a super Otaku but commends and enjoys bonding with fellow Otaku around the globe, he just wishes people would stop frowning upon it as if it's causing harm, it's merely another every day hobby to people like me. 

lol eeeyup, its pretty much the equivalent of being a geek.

While in most of the world it merely refers to a faction of geek culture similar to Trekkies or Whovians, "Otaku" carries a much more severe stigma within Japan. Ever since the heinous Littel Girl Murders from 1988-89 by Tsutomu Miyazaki the term has been associated with the man behind these crimes and his obsession with anime/manga. While the common perception of "Otaku" has slowly become more positive in Japan many still equate the label to "shut-in homicidal pedophile".

Beyond the Boundary/Kyoukai no Kanata just aired its last episode. The second fall anime that I finished so far (the first one being My Mental Choices Are Completely Interfering with My Romantic School Comedy/NouCome). Enjoyed both of them a lot. Beyond the Boundary especially. It's probably one of the best anime KyoAni's done. It's definitely the most visually appealing one I've seen from them. The animation was so dynamic during the actions scenes and it was just so enjoyable to watch,

I'm pretty much an otaku. A friend of mine as pointed out, numerous times, that I have a blatant love for anything and everything anime-like over any other things in the same genre. I collect anime shit, I talk about anime shit, I RP an anime shit.

I still like other stuff.. I just edge more towards anime and japanese culture. But not to the amount of a weabou. desu

Don't the Japanese refer to that name in a negative light?

An Otaku is a negative in Japan because they're often seen as anti-social, so they're depicted as such while the media picks on them for being child molesters and criminals trying to feed their "filthy habit".

For example, whenever there's a criminal who makes the news, the media often seem to sought out any excuse to say they're an Otaku. Basically, they're media scapegoats for sex crime cases.

The word "otaku" means "house", so you can see the relation between being a shut-in and being an Otaku in Japan.

• Thumbs Up 1