Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Space Dandy is on Toonami tonight.

Despite me being British and probably unable to see it until tomorrow, anyone raring to watch it?

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know how this third act will be, but I don't think it  can get worse than Fairy Dance.

And I'm gonna keep telling myself that.

I just watched the announcement trailer linked above, just in case it showed any signs of improvement, and right there in the first thirty seconds, male gaze.  They just couldn't help themselves.  Even if somebody told me that the plot was amazingly improved - I suppose, after Misogyny Dance, it'd be hard to get any worse - then there's no way I can sponsor whoever's animating this.

So yeah, what with that and there being nothing that looks particularly up my street in the present anime season, this is a pretty poor start to the year anime-wise.

I've never seen Now and Then, Here and There before so I'm marathoning it. This is pretty depressing, but its pretty good. It has a gloomy atmosphere that kind of reminds me of Texhnolyze, my god the ending to that show made me cry.

Eden of the East is a fucking good show.

Love the opening in particular (Falling Down, by Oasis). Unfortunately on the Blu-ray release Funimation replaced it with a song that just isn't as good or fitting.

Non Non Biyori is the most adorable (and prettiest) anime I've seen in recent memory. Nyanpasu~

I want more series placed in country settings.

Non Non Biyori is the most adorable (and prettiest) anime I've seen in recent memory. Nyanpasu~

I want more series placed in country settings.

Don't suppose you liked Silver Spoon, then?

New season starting up of it I think today.

So just like last season, I'm bombarding myself with a shit ton of new anime with no regard for my upcoming college schedule again. So far, I'm not enjoying this season as much as fall, but some of the titles have me interested, like Nobunagun, Chuunibyou season 2, D-Frag!, Tonari no Seki-kun, and Witch Craft Works.

It makes me sad that nobody cares about Kyoukai no Kanata (Beyond the Boundary). :c

I usually don't like watching week by week, so after waiting, I finally got around to marathoning the whole show yesterday with my girlfriend, and I have to say I really loved it. It'd be one of my favorites if not for the bullshit terribad stupid ending (it was just the last minute, too. I would have liked the ending if it had literally just cut off a minute earlier. Ugh...).

So that being said I'll pretend the ending didn't happen and it had a really great ending. Great show overall - beautiful animation, great music, funny humor, etc. Good stuff.

That's it for me this season though, haha. Didn't care about anything else.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I started watching this.

3b05f84036bb5560005acd7d5fa3925713891179

I remember seeing like promo art for this on /a/ and it looked interesting for the most part. I didn't know what to expect and what I got was some loli going to take over the world. Nothing is really explained other than she's supposedly from a secret society and she and her minions have powers. I wanna see where this goes.

Oh and General Pepel and Lady Plamya are the best characters already. I'm watching it for them.

I'm going to have to watch a whole bunch of first episodes this week.  I'm not particularly excited about the majority of what's on offer this season, so I'm having to give quite a few things a try in case they turn out to be good.  Fortunately, it should be fairly simple to weed out a few based on first impressions alone.

Not sure if anyone here will care, but Hulu now has put up the Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine English dub episodes. They also have the Subtitles for those who care to watch with the Japanese language instead. 

Really nice 13 episode anime that focus on Fujiko Mine more than Lupin, and you get to see how she personally met the entire Lupin crew before everyone came together. 

http://www.hulu.com/lupin-the-third-the-woman-called-fujiko-mine

*P.S. - The anime has a lot of nudity when it comes to Fujiko Mine, but the show is more dark and serious.

New One Piece opening, both for the Dressrosa arc and celebrating the 15th anniversary of the anime (arc spoiler warnings if you care about that sorta thing):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0unKWI5WZg

Pretty catchy, I like how it's another fast-paced song, it's also nice to see stuff from the current arc in color.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember watching FMA ages ago and thinking I should start watching FMA Brotherhood just to see how it compares. I...still haven't done that.

Mostly because there's the FMA movie Conqueror of Shamballa, which I've been unsure about since finishing the main series. Should I see this? It's the real ending to FMA but the reviews have been very mixed. So I'm not sure if I should skip this or not. Anyone?

Shamballa helps to explain things that happened in the original. But it's hard to stomach if you're just coming off brotherhood because of how different everything feels and works. The characters aren't as you remember, and the situation is more... bittersweet; less happy Shonen ending.

However, if you're coming off the original series it makes for a satisfying finale.

Shamballa helps to explain things that happened in the original. But it's hard to stomach if you're just coming off brotherhood because of how different everything feels and works. The characters aren't as you remember, and the situation is more... bittersweet; less happy Shonen ending.

However, if you're coming off the original series it makes for a satisfying finale.

Well I haven't seen Brotherhood yet, thankfully. So I guess I'll just have to give it a watch since FMA's conclusion was left on a cliffhanger of sorts. Hope it's good. 8<

Well I haven't seen Brotherhood yet, thankfully. So I guess I'll just have to give it a watch since FMA's conclusion was left on a cliffhanger of sorts. Hope it's good. 8<

Brotherhood is so good, it actually has an ending.

Shamballa isn't a full cliffhanger, but it's a decent resolution to a few Problems.

Brotherhood is so good, it actually has an ending.

It has the shittier movie.

Sacred Star of Milos isn't technically related to Brotherhood however.

Conqueror of Shamballa gets a lot of flak, some of it for good reasons, but if there's one thing it does resolve well, it is the recurring theme of "you can't go back home again" and pretty much brings it full circle as far as the Elric brothers are concerned. The first FMA anime is less shonen-esque in general; the movie doesn't feel out of place because if you've watched the series up to that point, you'd know it would be unreasonable to expect a happy ending for everyone involved. I think a lot of people were just annoyed by what turned out to be on the other side of the Gate, whereas with me I simply didn't give a shit about that.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I started watching this.

3b05f84036bb5560005acd7d5fa3925713891179

I remember seeing like promo art for this on /a/ and it looked interesting for the most part. I didn't know what to expect and what I got was some loli going to take over the world. Nothing is really explained other than she's supposedly from a secret society and she and her minions have powers. I wanna see where this goes.

Oh and General Pepel and Lady Plamya are the best characters already. I'm watching it for them.

Just watched this as well.  The premise feels weird to say the least, but the cast is enjoyable enough to keep me interested.

Just watched this as well.  The premise feels weird to say the least, but the cast is enjoyable enough to keep me interested.

I can't say I find the half naked loli a draw to the show. And I'm not fond of the male lead, he's rather spineless.