Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I dunno, id suspect if you want to know how boobs move and function, no type of media has studied this in animation  moreso then anime.

tumblr_n074cdlwWW1t3nxlgo1_500.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_mg1gtiojuZ1rpvx7lo7_250.gif tumblr_mg1gtiojuZ1rpvx7lo8_400.gif 

Yaaaah....No...

Okay well you can't say every anime does ….atrocities like that, some of them do have actual realism in their breasts physics and sizes

Most of them do though, everything with fanservice as it's main selling point does breast physics at the completely opposite end of the spectrum.

Very few anime do stuff legit and use proper sources for reference on anatomy and proportions these days.

Yea, and High School DxD is most definitely not one of those anime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'k I think this line of conversation is rapidly approaching territory that isn't allowed on these forums.

• Thumbs Up 1

We're not allowed to talk about the physics if breasts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heh. Sorry about that. I didn't expect what I said to provoke a full on discussion. It was just a passing thought that I probably should've kept to myself. Although it is true that I'm struggling to accurately portray the ways that breasts change, depending on the pose.

I was going to make a joke about accepting willing volunteers to help with that, but decided against it...

But seriously, most of my personal favourite animes don't have fan service in them. (at least, not that I'm aware of.)

Like Azumanga Daioh, K-ON, Law of Ueki, Pani Poni Dash, Gintama - just to name a few...

what

tumblr_n1vn13ds2G1sgbu3ro1_400.png

the

tumblr_n1vjo5tvNx1sgbu3ro1_500.png

hell

tumblr_n1vii2fPPA1sgbu3ro1_500.png

am I reading

how did this shit turn into a series about merchandizing card games

• Thumbs Up 2

what

tumblr_n1vn13ds2G1sgbu3ro1_400.png

the

tumblr_n1vjo5tvNx1sgbu3ro1_500.png

hell

tumblr_n1vii2fPPA1sgbu3ro1_500.png

am I reading

how did this shit turn into a series about merchandizing card games

Money/

Not why, how.

Like, I get that Duel Monsters ends up a plot point of the original later on, but how did they just scrap all the interesting shit and focus on the lamest aspect, and manage to make it popular?

I think 4kids had something to do with it, they're possibly the reason yugioh is as popular as it is in the first place considering the period when it came out.

Here's some news about Death Note that almost had their own thread:

Earlier last month a new website launched celebrating the 10th Anniversary of Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata’s manga, Death Note.

And a couple weeks ago, a countdown timer launched ticking to March 3rd 12:00pm JST. And now that time has passed, where the site has revealed that a real life game is currently in production.

The new website launched in the style of the SPK (Special Provision for KIRA), the intellectual department tasked with finding out who “Kira” is in the series, and the site is headed by Touta Matsuda.

This real life Death Note game will be produced by SCRAP, and is currently coined as a “Real Escape Game”. SCRAP has previously produced similar games with other franchises, with a Shingeki no Kyojin escape game coming later this year.

This new game will held in two locations: in Tokyo at the Harajuku Himitsukichi from May 30th to June 27th, and in the Osaka Himitsukichi from June 13th to July 27th. The games participants try to escape a wide variety of mysteries within a one hour time limit before “Kira” kills them. Information on the mysteries and nature of the game is yet to be announced. Tickets to this event will cost from ¥2,220 (~$22 USD) to ¥3,300 (~$33 USD).

In addition to a real life escape game, there is also a smartphone app escape game. This mobile game has been revealed to be releasing on April 7th this year in Japan. The game will be free and has the player stuck in a room where they must escape within a time limit, before “Kira” kills them.

The last announcement, is the 10th anniversary manga for Death Note. Split up into two volumes, the manga are a republishing of the original manga, set to release on March 18th this year. The manga will come with a Kira card, amongst other goodies – for a limited run. Additionally, regarding the manga, a FAQ on the page asked whether there are plans for a reboot with the answer being: ‘Not at the moment’

Source

Apparently a lot of people were expecting a sequel/reboot/Hollywood remake announcement but the projects seem cool for the people who can participate in them. Also I feel old, I can't believe a decade has passed already since Death Note came out.

I was actually asking Sean if Sonic was a girl or guy lmao! He's apparently a guy since Saitama accidentally punches him in the crotch and he freaks out, either that or Sonic is one hell of a trap with a body like that. 

Yah it's pretty ambiguous, but seeing as he goes to a men's prison I guess that's the end of that. I really need to catch up on OPM- I stopped reading when Murata took that relatively big break after the shark dude had a crater punched into him. 

OPM's color pages are fantastic. I wish I could draw half as good as Murata. 

Is Jojo supposed to be good or something

Jojo is fantastic! but I see you read my OP so you probably know that now. Really hoping they hit it out of the park with the Stardust Crusaders adaptation this season, and can't wait to see what the show will look like when they do later parts!

Just purchased the first volume of Sword Art Online and pre-ordered Highschool DxD. (On DVD)

I need to do more research on boobs, so I can draw them better.

...What?...

Take a life drawing class jeezus  :V

Speaking of which I read and finished Jojo Part 4, it was really great and is probably my favorite along with Part 2. The fact that I get physically scared at the thought of a character dying is when you know you wrote something good imo.

RE: The death note thing- I can see why people want a sequel, but I don't think there's much more to tell in that world, with that premise, they pretty much explored everything you could do with the death note, even from the perspective of a couple different people using it in the first series. Where do you take it from there? The first series itself perhaps overstayed it's welcome a little by the end, so to be honest I think a sequel series would be treading on pointless ground.

What I would like to see though is a new manga from the same creative team. Bakumen was pretty good but it didn't scratch the itch. Maybe another drama/action series? 

I noticed that, there are a fuck ton of "Next part will be up _______ " he seems to only do like, a chapter every few month, understandable with the amount of detail he puts into the battle scenes though.

It's Saitama's facial expressions that kill me and his sort of few word responses to the villains long winded stories.

tumblr_n1rn3nDYef1rnt61eo1_500.png

tumblr_n1rn3nDYef1rnt61eo2_500.png 

• Thumbs Up 4

Definitely. I love the  writing, Saitama and his complete indifference to being supremely powerful seems like a joke that would get old but the variety of ways in which he completely neglects to give a shit about whatever ridiculous villian is fighting him always slays me. It's not often I laugh out loud at manga but OPM gets me mang.

I think the combination of Murata drawing detailed scenes and occasionally using ONE's simple style makes it even funnier. Saitama goes from looking completely badass kung fu monk deadly to lame as shit within like 3 panels and it's hilarious. Moreso when his "badass" panels have him saying something completely deadpan and inane.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Found the scene where OPM punches Sonic in the dick.

tumblr_mypoj9r4sx1rliydxo1_500.jpg

Actually dying.

Saitama goes from looking completely badass kung fu monk deadly to lame as shit within like 3 panels and it's hilarious.

tumblr_mu3usc4n9N1sy46w9o2_250.gif

Also this panel made me laugh.

tumblr_mupu740kXq1qdb3uio1_500.jpg

tumblr_mupu740kXq1qdb3uio2_500.jpg

Seriously, OPM gets me on every level, he's so relateable hahaha.

Shame there isn't reboot for Death Note, but I guess like Remz said they've already explored everything in that series so what else? Still, it's amazing that it's already been 10 years since it first started! I feel old~

Btw only very few anime/manga have characters with proper breast proportions (a good example being Yoko, even though she's only 14). Many other examples are too big, too unrealistic, have bad boob physics and dare I say look disturbing as all hell. I mean WTF is dat @ Soniko's pictures arrrrrgh!

eyes.gif

I honestly don't get the appeal of Death Note. It's so obnoxiously over the top with it's dark tone and 90% of the time the dialogue is just strategic warfare that gets boring to listen to by the third episode.

It's intermediate manga, honestly I just love how they put Light under surveillance when L makes him a suspect, it's really well written and it just is a psychological brain twister, I had to read it a few times through to understand half of it. 

Onepunch-Man is one of the most amazing manga I have ever read. There's so much shit out there that focuses on power levels and shonen heroes coming up with new random attacks that I can't emphasize just how brilliantly the author handles the concept of a hero defeating his opponents with only one punch, which sounds like the stupidest story idea ever but it somehow ends up being the best thanks to its execution.

I enjoy stuff like this and Molester Man which completely turn their respective genres on their heads with an entirely fresh take, all while sporting perfect comedic timing that never fails to make me laugh whenever I am reading a new chapter or revisiting an old one. What makes me laugh out loud is how seriously everything is handled that the author just lets the absurd situations and idiotic characters speak for themselves.

• Thumbs Up 5

To think I stayed out of this thread due to fear of spoilers...When I should've been more worried about being exposed to more stuff I could obsess over.

I still haven't had the chance to read Yotsuba&! v12 and No Matter How I Look At It, It's You Guys Fault I'm Not Popular v1 that I got this past Christmas. I also haven't watched the complete collection of Lost Universe on DVD that I got the Christmas before...

Now I gotta add Kill La Kill and One Punch Man to my wish list?

I guess I should admit how daft I can be, the only reason I decided to give HighSchool DxD a try is because I saw a banner of it from fellow SSMBer, Noels sig.

I truthfully have no idea what to expect, but I tend to like most anime unless it's based on a video game. Which usually ends up being disappointing...

I also can't believe Death Note is 10 years old! 0_0