Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I gotta say, I'm starting to get the feeling that the author is starting to force the drama. With children I can understand, but really, disowning a child because of a disability she had no control over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gotta say, I'm starting to get the feeling that the author is starting to force the drama. With children I can understand, but really, disowning a child because of a disability she had no control over.

People can be really, really shitty sometimes. That's honestly not something that I'd have trouble believing.
  • Thumbs Up 3

Don't get me wrong, the chapter was still pretty good, that whole sequence just made me go "lol"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It happens. Believe me, it happens.

Some people crack under the pressure of having disabled children and walk away, it's a big commitment, and one that some aren't willing to make nor are prepared to. In some cases they even blame the mother like in this case.

That's why I said it doesn't pull any punches, it's trying to show the extent of how shitty life can be with a disabillity such as deafness.

Horrible isn't it? ;-; How could someone who is your family do something like that? There's some very sad moments in this manga, wonder how many more there are left? I hope there's a happy ending!

I'm fairly certain the ending will be happy. The whole story focuses on positive character development, it's be pretty anti-climactic if it was sad.

• Thumbs Up 3

I expect Mega Drive/32x/CD yuri and if this doesn't deliver then I'll just wait for the art :V

And of course Genesis is a blonde-blued-eyed cowboy. All she's missing is massive tits.

OKAY, so you all remember when the artist that created Hatsune Miku designed Sega consoles as Moe anime girls right?

WELP, THEY ARE GETTING THEIR OWN ANIME!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/04/10-1/bishoujo-version-of-sega-consoles-get-their-own-anime

Ugh, I don´t dig the designs at all, they look so plain and so different from their console version...

--

Watched the second episode of Mushishi S2 and the first episode Soul Eater Not! yesterday. Mushishi is still as comfy as ever, I´m loving it so far.

As for Soul Eater Not!, I found it surprisingly entertaining. I though the cute little girls would ruin it forever, but it was actually good. They are actually very interesting. 

REDLINE is literally the hypest shit i've ever fucking seen.

The sheer scale of animation quality in this movie shits all over anything produced by KILL la KILL.

I can't believe it's took me 5 years to see this.

tumblr_mtyek8rbO81r8tyjfo1_500.gif

tumblr_n2cwzsqKYE1r0t2wqo1_500.gif

tumblr_mtlhbtvRDb1s7ppnso1_r1_500.gif

• Thumbs Up 5

Okay I hope this Knights of Sidonia anime has decent plot/characters/storytelling, because hot damn look at these visuals

Damn. 

I've been watching Azumanga Daioh...again, and that includes the web movie and short movie. Heehee, I still love it to this day and it has certainly stood the test of time (this came out in 2002 omg!)! <3 You know, considering how successful this anime was when it first aired I always wondered why there's never been an anime adaptation of Yotsuba&!. I know the manga is still ongoing but an anime would be great!

As for new anime, finally finished season one of Kimi ni Todoke today and while it's an adorabe, lovely and super romantic anime it really drags on at some points. DX I heard season two is even worse, so I'm gonna be lazy and read some synopsis's on Wiki before getting to the interesting episodes. I just want to see them kiss already, ugh!

Attack on Titan, FMA movie and Jungle Emperor 1989 are still stalled. Lemme get all the cutesy, funny and romantic anime out of the way first! >.>

You know, considering how successful this anime was when it first aired I always wondered why there's never been an anime adaptation of Yotsuba&!. I know the manga is still ongoing but an anime would be great!

According to some, the creator of both of them doesn't think Yotsuba&! is suited for animation. Don't remember where they got it from, though. Someone out there may change his mind, but I don't see it happening soon.

According to some, the creator of both of them doesn't think Yotsuba&! is suited for animation. Don't remember where they got it from, though. Someone out there may change his mind, but I don't see it happening soon.

Well if I'd read the manga beforehand (which is a 4 koma), I certainly couldn't imagine Azumanga Daioh being turned into an anime! I think as a nice, relaxing slice of life anime Yotsuba&! could work really well but eh, if that's what the creator thinks... D:

I've been watching Azumanga Daioh...again, and that includes the web movie and short movie. Heehee, I still love it to this day and it has certainly stood the test of time (this came out in 2002 omg!)! <3 

Azumanga Daioh is currently my most-watched anime. Seen it about six times (twice in both languages). I'm not one to revisit many anime often, but AzuDaioh just holds a special place in my heart and I can't help but come back to it about once a year.

So I have been on sort of a lookout binge for anime shows lately, now that I recently finished watching Attack On Titan. While I have found some pretty good ones here and there, I've been watching them pretty infrequently, which mostly has to do with not having the time to watch them. That is, however, until I remembered they were making an anime about a manga I'd been reading for some time now.

Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing Time is an episodic, 7 and a half minute short about a boy named Seki who finds elaborate ways during class to, well, kill time. Rumi, a girl who sits next to him, tries to either make him stop to pay attention to class or just ignore him, but ultimately gets invested in whatever nonsense Seki plays with.

Rumi is pretty much the star of the show, since the reactions and sometimes stories she makes up in her mind while observing the absurdities that happen throughout each episode are what really make this anime so funny and quirky. It also mixes up it's setting and character interactions every so often to keep it fresh. This short shines because it's very clever on not falling into the trappings of being repetitive with it's premise. Definitely worth a watch, and hey, it's on Crunchyroll too.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yes, I love Tonari! I'm starting to really enjoy the short stuff that comes out like Aiura, which is only 4 minutes for each episode (3 when you take out the OP). 

Speaking of the OP, it's one giant Big-lipped Alligator Moment

I've been watching Ranma 1/2 and I really love it

I'm on season 3

At the same time, I'm also watching Aikatsu! and it's adorable and I'm inclined buy some merch

Is anyone keeping up with Mekaku City Actors? It was a bit confusing last week

rip Shintaro

• Thumbs Up 1

I am debating whether to buy/watch Kimi ni Todoke, get more Ranma 1/2, see the original Mobile Suit Gundam, import Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok: Gods of the New World (manga), see Hell Girl: Two Mirrors, read Tactics or restart Shugo Chara since I stopped about 70 episodes in. And shame that most people have no idea what I'm talking about with most of these...

Is anyone keeping up with Mekaku City Actors? It was a bit confusing last week

Is very confusing if you aren´t familiar with the original source (the musical pvs, manga, and the light novels). Heck, it´s confusing even if you know the source material tongue.png

More things will be cleared up as the anime goes by. But if I may give you an honest opinion, the anime adaptation is not doing a very good job, so if you are interested in the story I´d recommend you the pvs and read the manga instead, and watch the anime as a second option.

about your spoiler

He´s not dead btw, he just fainted from exhaustion

Yes, I love Tonari! I'm starting to really enjoy the short stuff that comes out like Aiura, which is only 4 minutes for each episode (3 when you take out the OP). 
*video*
Speaking of the OP, it's one giant Big-lipped Alligator Moment

Aiura somehow reminds me of Yuyushiki a lot, specially when I see the tomboyish girl at the right.

Eh, it´s five minutes long, maybe i´ll se it *adds it on his backlog list*

I am debating whether to buy/watch Kimi ni Todoke, get more Ranma 1/2, see the original Mobile Suit Gundam, import Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok: Gods of the New World (manga), see Hell Girl: Two Mirrors, read Tactics or restart Shugo Chara since I stopped about 70 episodes in. And shame that most people have no idea what I'm talking about with most of these...

holy shit dude

Sadly, I´m only familiar with Kimi no Todoke and the original Gundam, but I think they are worth a watch. 

I've been watching Azumanga Daioh...again, and that includes the web movie and short movie. Heehee, I still love it to this day and it has certainly stood the test of time (this came out in 2002 omg!)! <3 You know, considering how successful this anime was when it first aired I always wondered why there's never been an anime adaptation of Yotsuba&!. I know the manga is still ongoing but an anime would be great!

Azumanga Daioh is an anime I can never get tired of watching. It still makes me laugh every time I see it.

I'm surprised that Yotsuba has never been adapted into an anime. It's a shame the creator doesn't have any plans to either because I think it would make for a great slice-of-life anime.

• Thumbs Up 1