Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Eh, I'm getting it just fine. I would be interested in reading the light novels/manga if they were to bring them outside of Japan. But I think anyone could jump into this series and understand it. It's just like with most Shaft shows, you have to pay attention while watching or else the story gets confusing. It sorta happened to me with Bakemonogatari and I had to end up watching a few episodes twice to actually understand what's going on.

Nah bro you're going to be kicking and screaming if you try to understand everything perfectly at the rate the anime is going. The way Mekakucity Actors tells it's story is totally different from the Monogatari Series, due to it originally being a series of songs. We'll probably be getting some clarity, but not for a while at the rate we're going.

I recommend atleast checking out some scanlations of the manga to see where the story is headed. You can also check out some songs (watch out on which ones you watch if you're avoiding spoilers). It's a confusing story man.

Nah bro you're going to be kicking and screaming if you try to understand everything perfectly at the rate the anime is going. The way Mekakucity Actors tells it's story is totally different from the Monogatari Series, due to it originally being a series of songs. We'll probably be getting some clarity, but not for a while at the rate we're going.

I recommend atleast checking out some scanlations of the manga to see where the story is headed. You can also check out some songs (watch out on which ones you watch if you're avoiding spoilers). It's a confusing story man.

Well I've only seen the first 2 episodes so far. And I did do some research on this show before watching it and found out it was based off songs, which seemed strange. I'll try and find myself some scans of the manga. At least the first few chapters. 

Talking about Mekakucity, I couldn´t imagine they would fuck up the most popular song (Heat daze days, which was yesterday´s episode), but they sure did.

No seriously, it´s horrible. Watch the fan-animated pv, it´s even better than this.

I guess the only good thing about this episode was Konoha, what a cutie.

So, I was willing to put up with the incest baiting in Mahouka because I felt it was unusual in portraying widespread social discrimination and prejudice and wanted to see where it went with it.

...And then in the most recent episode I watched, it turns out that the protagonist agrees with the discrimination, and campaigns for equality are actually motivated by talentless people being jealous of the talented, the talented absolutely deserve their elevated position in society despite the fact that the protagonist's talents are supported by inherited privilege and fortune, and all this is an allegory for how in real life the limp-wristed Japanese government needs to crack down on the evil Chinese who want to profit from Japan's failure.

I really need to learn my lesson and give up on anime already.  There are a lot of books I have to read.

What the hell. Four episodes in and Black Bullet is all caught up to the manga. I mean good on them, but the build up to the big bad guy fight kinda was deflated.

So, I was willing to put up with the incest baiting in Mahouka because I felt it was unusual in portraying widespread social discrimination and prejudice and wanted to see where it went with it.

...And then in the most recent episode I watched, it turns out that the protagonist agrees with the discrimination, and campaigns for equality are actually motivated by talentless people being jealous of the talented, the talented absolutely deserve their elevated position in society despite the fact that the protagonist's talents are supported by inherited privilege and fortune, and all this is an allegory for how in real life the limp-wristed Japanese government needs to crack down on the evil Chinese who want to profit from Japan's failure.

I really need to learn my lesson and give up on anime already.  There are a lot of books I have to read.

Or you need to learn your lesson and stop watching bad anime. It's a whole fucking huge medium and industry, this is like going "welp no more cinema for me, Michael Bay exists."

• Thumbs Up 2

This is a warning to everyone to not watch Oriemo if you haven't it's literally this biggest fucking disappointing thing ive watched this year.

This is a warning to everyone to not watch Oriemo if you haven't it's literally this biggest fucking disappointing thing ive watched this year.

Isn't Oreimo what everyone calls "that shitty incest anime"? What is it even about? Because I've heard from pretty much everyone who has seen it that it's terrible.

Or you need to learn your lesson and stop watching bad anime. It's a whole fucking huge medium and industry, this is like going "welp no more cinema for me, Michael Bay exists."

It's kind of like Sword Art Online, in that this is the one that a lot of people were saying was going to be really good.  "But apparently it's incest?"  "Even so!"  It's pretty hard to tell what's going to be bad when all you have to go on is a synopsis and a general audience who don't have a great deal of taste.  I gave it three strikes - maybe even four strikes, in retrospect - and I think that's pretty reasonable.  It could have been good, and there wasn't really any way of knowing otherwise without giving it enough episodes to tell that it was a repeat offender.

In regards to the question of giving up the whole medium, what if 95% of cinema was Michael Bay?  And you couldn't tell beforehand if a film was part of the 95% or the other 5%?

I'd personally disagree as long as its Season 1. S1 had a lot of good messages which they threw away in S2.

Isn't Oreimo what everyone calls "that shitty incest anime"? What is it even about? Because I've heard from pretty much everyone who has seen it that it's terrible.

Basically its a harem anime with the primary pairing being the protagonist and his little sister. As for why its terrible, because his little sister is a fucking bitch, even moreso than your typical Tsundere, and naturally they end up together.

Or to put it in hilarious terms, fast forward to about 6:45 in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT5NuM-7B4o

Wait, Oreimo actually had an incest ending?  Genuinely?  Good grief.

...And yet, watching that clip, I just can't be mad about it if it involved Kirino getting beaten up.

I'd still say to watch the first season and just forget the rest ever even happened.

Basically its a harem anime with the primary pairing being the protagonist and his little sister. As for why its terrible, because his little sister is a fucking bitch, even moreso than your typical Tsundere, and naturally they end up together.

Or to put it in hilarious terms, fast forward to about 6:45 in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT5NuM-7B4o

His sister is an unlikable sucubus that takes over and controls ever aspects of her brother's life and he can't even move forward with his own because he so fixated on her, it's disturbing and sickening and the ending tires to paint it as a good thing, disgustingly so. I hate this show so much

I'd still say to watch the first season and just forget the rest ever even happened.

I will never forget Kuroneko

His sister is an unlikable sucubus that takes over and controls ever aspects of her brother's life and he can't even move forward with his own because he so fixated on her, it's disturbing and sickening and the ending tires to paint it as a good thing, disgustingly so. I hate this show so much

I will never forget Kuroneko

Me either. Ruri was literally the best character in the whole series.

I have heard of Oreimo and how season 1 was much better than season 2 and after finding out what happens in the end...yeahhh I think I'm skipping that one. I mean what the hell is up with that ending? Did that actually happen in the light novel too? O_o

And I just found out that the main character is 17 and his sister is only 14. Uhhhh...

Edited by Gabz Girl

You can't beat dat incest son.

Its a natural phenomenon that Kuroneko fans hate Kirino and vice versa. 

You can't beat dat incest son.

Its a natural phenomenon that Kuroneko fans hate Kirino and vice versa. 

But like....Kuroneko and the Brother had something of actual chemsitry, they went out on a couple dates together to see if they liked each other (you know like normal people) and the brother still liked her despite all the odd Otaku quirks she exhibited it was very heartwarming and they writers just shat in my mouth with that ending and and and and

No I refused to be pulled back into this, I was so mad at the ending that it ruined the next two days for me at the time, like I can't believe I invested my time in something so heniously deceptive

Well the anime is called My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute.

What were you expecting

Well the anime is called My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute.

What were you expecting

I thought it was supposed to be a parody of that kind of genre....and then it wasnt.

I guess this proves that I shouldnt jump into a random anime right away and actually look for other people's thoughts on it beforehand

• Thumbs Up 1

Like I said, anyone who wasn't a fan of Kirino hated the ending for doing exactly what the title said it was going to do.

I have to say tho, and this isn't directed at you Soni, but the reaction everyone had to the ending gave me a few good laughs. I didn't think a harem series would get so much bile.

Like I said, anyone who wasn't a fan of Kirino hated the ending for doing exactly what the title said it was going to do.

I have to say tho, and this isn't directed at you Soni, but the reaction everyone had to the ending gave me a few good laughs. I didn't think a harem series would get so much bile.

Funny thing was that I was watching it in all one go and had no idea how it was recieved, so when the brother and Kuroneko were dating I was like "I bet people who watched this whole would be laughing at me for thinking this is the canon ship for the rest of the show". Sure enough, imagine the egg on my face when it ended

• Thumbs Up 1