Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

That's bottom of the barrel problems. Do you know how much money it takes to license a Beatles song?

Wasn't that only fansubbers adding it since it fit the scene, and not in the RAWs? Regardless, just remove Get Back. I doubt Yes or Bangles will ask as much money.

Wasn't that only fansubbers adding it since it fit the scene, and not in the RAWs? Regardless, just remove Get Back. I doubt Yes or Bangles will ask as much money.

I don't believe so. I'm pretty sure Get Back is the official ending to Stardust Crusaders. Regardless, I doubt US publishers would want to deal with that anyway. Pretty sure some episodes end with a few notes transitioning into the song to.

I mean if a 2012 anime hasn't been licensed by now, in an age where anime licenses are snapped up like they're fresh hotcakes, I don't think anyone will bother licensing it.

I don't believe so. I'm pretty sure Get Back is the official ending to Stardust Crusaders.

You mean Battle Tendency? Stardust Crusaders is using Walk like an Egiptian

You mean Battle Tendency? Stardust Crusaders is using Walk like an Egiptian

Awh shit you're right. Don't even know how I mixed that up. I just checked and Get Back has not been used in the Jojo anime. So I guess I fucked up there. Doesn't really affect what I've been saying much. Yes would still need to be licensed or even switched out and it may not be worth the publisher's time and money. To to mention some distributors send out barebones packages with English subtitles only nowadays.

Also, is anyone aware of moderately popular anime since 2010 that hasn't been released in the West? I'm drawing up blanks here with only Jojo coming to mind (pretty sure Kyousougiga did shit in Japan). It's really weird how no one has even expressed interest in a license.

I'm pretty sure all the classic rock soundalikes/copyrighted song names (I think are) used in the anime are preventing that.

Spoilered because super long list

tumblr_n6397k36D51sbxjxco1_500.jpg

tumblr_n6397k36D51sbxjxco2_500.jpg

tumblr_n6397k36D51sbxjxco3_500.jpg

tumblr_n6397k36D51sbxjxco4_500.jpg

tumblr_n6397k36D51sbxjxco5_500.jpg

tumblr_n6397k36D51sbxjxco6_500.jpg

tumblr_n6397k36D51sbxjxco7_500.jpg

tumblr_n6397k36D51sbxjxco8_500.jpg

Anything you guys care about this summer season? For me it's only Dandy Season 2, Zankyou no Terror (Watanabe's other new anime outside of Space Dandy (?) I think anyway) and Aldnoah Zero (because mechs) but even then Aldnoah Zero might turn out to be medicore. I would say the Psycho-Pass re-cut but I don't want to have to worry about the re-cut possibly messing it up so I'll just watch the original eventually. 

It's almost summer, huh? This season sure passed by quickly. But yeah that list doesn't seem too interesting to me. I'll be watching Hanamonogatari, Sailor Moon Crystal and Space Dandy Season 2 for sure.

I heard some things about Hanamonogatari getting delayed a few times, but didn't pay attention since I was busy catching up on Monogatari Series Second Season. My guess is they had some technical problems. Hopefully we won't get another delay, even though it's already highly unlikely.

Oh hey upon further inspection I've spotted Persona 4 Golden - The Animation. I haven't seen any other of the Persona anime, mostly because I can't find them anywhere so I'll probably watch it. 

By the way, any news on Danganronpa The Animation - Goodbye Despair? It was teased ages ago and it's been almost forever since that one tease. Someone please don't tell me it was a prank because that series was epic and I'd love to see what happens next. I mean, it pretty much ended on a cliffhanger.

I finally started FMA Brotherhood, and I love it so far. I am on season 3 now and I must say it is like 25x better than the original series imo.

I couldn't really get into the original and was skeptical about Brotherhood, but after a friend forced me to start watching my opinions changed real fast.

On a side note, I am caught up in One Piece (Anime) and my God...its probably my favorite arc yet.

I might check out The World Is Still Beautiful, just for being done by Pierrot. Maybe Ping Pong for the sake of Tatsunoko.

Spoilered because super long list

tumblr_n6397k36D51sbxjxco1_500.jpg

tumblr_n6397k36D51sbxjxco2_500.jpg

tumblr_n6397k36D51sbxjxco3_500.jpg

tumblr_n6397k36D51sbxjxco4_500.jpg

tumblr_n6397k36D51sbxjxco5_500.jpg

tumblr_n6397k36D51sbxjxco6_500.jpg

tumblr_n6397k36D51sbxjxco7_500.jpg

tumblr_n6397k36D51sbxjxco8_500.jpg

Anything you guys care about this summer season? For me it's only Dandy Season 2, Zankyou no Terror (Watanabe's other new anime outside of Space Dandy (?) I think anyway) and Aldnoah Zero (because mechs) but even then Aldnoah Zero might turn out to be medicore. I would say the Psycho-Pass re-cut but I don't want to have to worry about the re-cut possibly messing it up so I'll just watch the original eventually. 

You fools need to plan what summer anime you're watching when Spring anime starts airing, you plebs.

Not alot of stuff this summer to. Earlier this Spring the lineup was looking alot worse. Biiiig Monogatari fan so can't wait for Hanamonogatari (and maybe Kizu finally). Of course Space Dandy 2 and adaptions of manga that I'm a fan of (only Akame ga Kill!).

Everything else kinda looks bad, but I'm giving Glasslip, Majimoji Rurumo, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Tokyo Kushu, and Zankyou no Terror so I have stuff to watch.

Fall is looking great though.

Fall is looking great though.

What kind of stuff is coming out in fall? I know the Fate/stay night remake is coming out then, what else is there?

What kind of stuff is coming out in fall? I know the Fate/stay night remake is coming out then, what else is there?

Psycho-Pass 2

all u need

Plus the Studio Ghibli show is this fall to.

Plus manga adaptions no one cares about but me

Strike Witches' fanservice is so hilariously blatant and stupid I can't help but laugh at it. I don't think that's what they were going for.

I've been thinking of finally watching Madoka Magica but I have a bit of a dilemma. I already know that by

episode 3 a girl gets decapitated, the tone shifts to grimdark as Kyubei forces the girls to fight to the death and eventually Madoka wins and becomes a uber eldritch god.

My question is despite already knowing that the anime suddenly becomes murderous magical moes is there anything else of worth in it without the shock factor?

My question is despite already knowing that the anime suddenly becomes murderous magical moes is there anything else of worth in it without the shock factor?

Episode 10 will blow your mind even if you already know the story. And then there´s the third movie.

I´d say watch it. Just for curiosity, when I watched Madoka for the first time I already knew some details of the story like you, and at the end, I enjoyed this anime a lot. So yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

So the new season of Pokémon is really stinking good. Not Diamond and Pearl level good, but definitely one of my favorites. Much better than the Black and White season, which... Well, IDK what the writers were thinking with that.

But yeah, I recommend Pokémon The Series: XY to everyone. If the voices bother you, the Japanese version is just as good, though I prefer English voices. :D

Besides Yu-gi-oh, 3x3 Eyes and Elfen Lied, anyone know any animanga where there are split personalities? (whether it's two sides of the same person or two separate people, I don't care)

Besides Yu-gi-oh, 3x3 Eyes and Elfen Lied, anyone know any animanga where there are split personalities? (whether it's two sides of the same person or two separate people, I don't care)

Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood) has a bit of this with Ling/Greed. Basically Greed uses Ling's body as a vassal, but gives control back to Ling at times. Sorta like Yugi.

Samurai Deeper Kyo and Rosario+Vampire have spilt personality characters as the lead.

Well, kinda spoilers here, but

Planetes, slightly

Paranoia Agent
Serial Experiments Lain

Also, is anyone aware of moderately popular anime since 2010 that hasn't been released in the West? I'm drawing up blanks here with only Jojo coming to mind (pretty sure Kyousougiga did shit in Japan). It's really weird how no one has even expressed interest in a license.

I'm pretty sure all the classic rock soundalikes/copyrighted song names (I think are) used in the anime are preventing that.

Don't Crunchyroll have a license for Jojo? I guess they're just streaming it as opposed to a physical release, but still, they're doing it. There are some weird name changes in their release though, but at least the main stuff (ie: Polnareff still has his name) is still there.

I think lack of Jojo interest is a variety of reasons. Number one is probably the copyright minefield reason- I doubt many people in localisation want to deal with cleaning up or substituting all the various shout outs and things "borrowed" from movies and music. I think the second reason is last time Viz tried to bring the manga to the west Stardust Crusaders bombed. 

Although maybe now they're reprinting that release there's a chance we'll see more stuff!

The only other series I can thing of that's popular and not licensed is Hunter X Hunter.

I went to Tumblr to search for pics of the latest episode of Hunter X Hunter 2011 and the first post shown preety much was my reaction while watching: "WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?"

The episode was full of strong moments. And to that add the great animation the anime has.

I just refreshed and more comments about the episode. All of them preety much the same: WTF, WTH... tongue.png

This is one of the few pics I can share since some might be too much to post

tumblr_n68xonARac1qmaj0vo1_500.jpg

EDIT: And to celebrate this episode that left a lot of fans wowed, the manga is coming back from hiatus in june!!! :D

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-22/hunter-x-hunter-manga-to-resume-in-june

• Thumbs Up 1

All right, Strike Witches' fanservice has passed the point of being narmy and is now just getting annoying.