Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

The only anime i've watched recently is KILL la KILL, Daybreak Illusion and One Piece. I might give Jojo a go since I've heard so many people talking bout it. Trying to cut down on what I get into because I end up getting obsessive over stuff and start buying into the merch side of things, so I try to limit myself.

Why haven't you watched it already???

Get ON THAT

I've been watching Jojo, No Game No Life, Break Blade, and some harem shit who's name I can't be bothered to remember.

Bought some imported 3x3 Eyes manga that should arrive in a couple weeks. This is my first time with a Seinen action series that seems to be worth my time and money. Since it's old and obviously few people bother to look at anything older than 4 years, it's basically about a triclops demon who wants to become a normal human being with help from a friend. When that friend is nearly killed, she sucks out his soul and make him her "Wu." As a Wu, the boy cannot die and can regenerate after normally fatal wounds, they can only be human again with the statue of humanity helping the triclops. Oh, and the triclops has a split personality, one energetic, the other is a cold jerk. This is *not* played for laughs. I still can't believe this gore-fest was written by the creator of Nuku Nuku.

I've been watching Jojo, No Game No Life, Break Blade, and some harem shit who's name I can't be bothered to remember.

If Her Flag Breaks? It's actually pretty fun because it takes itself for what it is. Or is it Date-A-Live. It's shit, but the animation is pretty nice.

Ugh, seifoku no dragonar, or something along those lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rather watch La Blue Girl of Urotsukidoji over that and I haven't seen those either!

I'm actually downloading those to watch :V the author is coming to a Portuguese anime con and I want to be more familiar with his work.

EDIT: Incidentally, my favourite part of Boku no Pico is how the paederast from the first episode never reappears despite being such an important character. Me and my friend assumed he was arrested but Pico was left to be the predator alone. Also by episode 3 since Chico's sister or whatever her relation to him was was also arrested but they escaped, so they were homeless when they meet the fairy CoCo.

Deep plot analysis.

Hajime Isayama's Attack on Titan manga sold 8,342,268 copies to rank #1 among comic series in Oricon's sales chart for the first half of 2014. In doing so, it ended One Piece's five-year reign (2009-2013) as the top-selling comic series in the same period. One Piece sold 4,936,855 copies at #2.

One Piece volume 73 was the top-selling single volume with 2,825,339 copies. (The volume debuted in March.) It was the only volume to top two million copies in the first half of 2014. In doing so, it maintained One Piece's six-year streak at #1 among single volumes.

Attack on Titan volume 12 sold 1,770,746 copies in the first half of 2014 to rank #2 among all single comic volumes. (The volume debuted last December.) Volume 13 debuted in April and sold 1,665,561 copies to rank #3. All 13 volumes in the main Attack on Titan series ranked in Oricon's top 100 comic volumes for the period. In all, 17 Attack on Titan books (including limited editions and tie-in books) ranked in the top 100.

Full Article: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-01/attack-on-titan-manga-tops-one-piece-in-half-year-sales/.75118

Congratulations to Attack on Titan. It seems like while the anime is on break, many people are taking the chance to catch up on older volumes and be up to speed on the story. It's actually a lot like what happened to One Piece during the Marineford Arc, after Strong World came out and renewed interest in the series, inspiring a huge growthspurt.

Here is a top 30 list:

Top 30 Best Selling Series for 1st Half of 2014

1. Shingeki no Kyojin (8,342,268)

2. One Piece (4,936,855)

3. Kuroko no Basket (4,616,040)

4. Naruto (3,247,920)

5. Magi (3,085,177)

6. Hoozuki no Reitetsu (3,060,694)

7. Daiya no Ace (2,914,977)

8. Gin no Saji (2,875,863)

9. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (2,795,169)

10. Nisekoi (2,418,041)

11. Haikyuu!! (2,249,431)

12. Yowamushi Pedal (2,209,310)

13. Terra Formars (1,833,498)

14. Noragami (1,803,007)

15. Bleach (1,774,694)

16. Meitantei Conan (1,692,639)

17. One Punch-man (1,683,131)

18. Fairy Tail (1,654,601)

19. Gintama (1,424,484)

20. Shokugeki no Souma (1,394,312)

21. Kingdom (1,333,022)

22. Kimi ni Todoke (1,328,293)

23. Nanatsu no Taizai (1,259,816)

24. Sakamoto Desuga? (1,211,163)

25. Kuroshitsuji (1,196,291)

26. Tokyo Ghoul (1,190,902)

27. Ao Haru Ride (1,077,766)

28. Chihayafuru (1,011,718)

29. Ajin (1,005,434)

30. Kangoku Gakuen (946,013)

So I've been watching Yu Yu Hakasho for the past couple of weeks and I gotta say this is a pretty awesome series. I remember Cartoon Network showed this during the toonami block many years ago and I liked it but unfortunately I never knew its name because it was in Japanese. The characters are great, the pacing is good and its just well written there are a few things that I felt that they won by dumb luck or easily won a fight without any effort. It doesn't really ruin anything most of it is actually funny and cool. And if there's one thing I have to say is that the theme song kicks ass just listen to it

How come nobody talks about this show? Besides the fact that its old and its over

Its a perfect example of a good shonen. The writing is awesome to me. I think more people should watch it.

I watch anime classics occasionally if they sound like they're right up my street - I think the last time I did that, it was Serial Experiments Lain - but mostly I try to watch a spread of the most recent season's offerings to try and catch what's good as it's airing.  It's really hard to tell from synopses alone whether something will be good or bad, so I think I watched about a dozen or so first episodes this season.  Fortunately, regardless of the "three episode rule," mostly it's possible to tell if something's going to be awful within that one episode.  I have a particular lack of patience for anything which pretends to have an interesting premise but which actually uses it as a disguise for fanservicey "slice-of-life" which bears no resemblance to a life anyone has ever lived - which rules out pretty much every light novel anime ever, apparently.  But sometimes it does take a few episodes to tell if an anime actually has redeeming aspects that make it worth watching or not.  I think most of what I've ended up watching this season is TV-original.

I've been watching Welcome to the NHK. I find it interesting, if unsettling and depressing at times.

That was a damn good series. I saw it last year, and I really want to watch it again.

Ugh, seifoku no dragonar, or something along those lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean that loli dragon fanservice show?

I5a_R4y_X.gif

Sorry if I'm ever so slightly changing the rails of this topic, but I'm curious as to what anime you lot have been watching recently, as I'm looking for some fresh stuff to look into. Personally, in May, I went through and watched the following

-Love Live S2

-Soul Eater Not!

-Mushishi

-Akuma no Riddle

-Mekakucity actors

-Haikyuu

-Yowamushi Pedal

-Shin Moomin (the Moomin anime from 1972)

And if I wasn´t so busy studying for exams the list would be probably longer :v

From the list, I´d recommend Haikyuu, Mushishi and Yowamushi Pedal. Mushishi is very well-loved between fans, and the other two may sound like your typical sport animu, but they are very good.

I'm watching these ones right now:

Brynhildr in the Darkness

One Week Friends

Love Live! S2

The Comic Artist and Assistants

Soul Eater Not!

No Game No Life

Nanana’s Buried Treasure

Captain Earth

The World is Still Beautiful

Mekaku City Actors

The bolded/underlined ones are my favorites this season.

The only anime that has hold my attention these last couple of months is Initial D. So far I've seen from the 1st-4th stage and the live-action movie. I still need to see the OVAS, fifth and final stage (which seems to be airing right now in Japan)

Even though it sometimes gets too formulaic, it really has charm and I'm surprised how spot on they are when it comes to cars and how they handle. You also can't beat the eurobeat soundtrack it has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCiDuy4mrWU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L3Czosinbs

Ooohhh looking good. The second I saw Sailor Moon I thought the character design was a little bleh. But I somehow got used to it very quickly before the trailer even ended. Yeah, I could get used to this. The voice acting is okay and the soundtrack reminded me of Toei's other magical girl series, Pretty Cure. But yeah, I'm looking forward to this. The animation looks really nice and the series is only a month away from airing. If I wasn't mistaken they said they'd air an English dub simultaneously or something? If not, then I don't have a problem watching the Japanese version but I think they mentioned it since they were doing a worldwide broadcast. That's still planned, right?

Awww the animation is purty. *w*

You know, I'm so glad they kept it close to the original good ol' 90's style and not moe blob like most anime nowadays. Definitely gonna try and give this a watch when it airs!

Dat animation! <3

I also like they kept the 90's style and it makes me even more interested in this new series! The premiere date can't come soon enough!

Woof. It's weird to look at that style. And he hair has some weird physics in some shots. 

But I can't help but have a love for some nostalgia here. 

Man I never saw Sailor Moon.

Feel left out on the hype

You're not the only one. I only recall watching like an episode from a VHS my sister rented out of our local library. And the only thing I remember is a bus in space. :V But nonetheless I'm excited for this series as it's one of the most popular animes (is that a word?) out there.

Man I never saw Sailor Moon.

Feel left out on the hype

Don't worry. I only watched 2 episodes years ago when I was still living in the Netherlands and while I enjoyed it I never really wanted to watch it again because it's such an old and, dare I say it, slightly dated anime.

However because this is following the same story as before except with updated animation, I'll certainly be watching it all the way through, though I know that there will be a divide between Sailor Moon fans now on which series is best.

You're not the only one. I only recall watching like an episode from a VHS my sister rented out of our local library. And the only thing I remember is a bus in space. :V But nonetheless I'm excited for this series as it's one of the most popular animes (is that a word?) out there.

Count me in there too.

I've only seen Sailor Moon when it's talked about in video reviews.

I remember seeing a bit of an episode of Sailor Moon on TV, many years ago now.  She was fighting some kind of tennis demon and had been turned into a tennis ball that was being batted about the court.  I don't imagine it was particularly representative of the series as a whole.