Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

There is, but we'll have to wait like a year for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This could mean Doraemon might not come to Europe.

I don't know about the rest of Europe, mate, but in Italy we have Doraemon. Since the 80s, in fact. 1982, to be precise.

His current voice actor voiced Sonic in Satam, Aosth, and Underground.

Should I import the new Matantei Loki manga series, more 3x3 Eyes, give Naruto a second chance or read Tactics? Regaardless, I get a healthy dosage of mythological references.

I don't know about the rest of Europe, mate, but in Italy we have Doraemon. Since the 80s, in fact. 1982, to be precise.

His current voice actor voiced Sonic in Satam, Aosth, and Underground.

Italy's different. You guys are lucky, since for whatever reason you get the most anime in Europe. And, I'm actually curious. Why is that? From what I looked up, other countries aren't interested in picking up licenses for anime, while Italy gets quite a few.

And I've actually listened to a few Italian anime openings and I must say, they are awesome. Anyway, from what I hear it's expensive licensing anime, but I still wish other countries in Europe would get more anime love.

Especially Greece. I mean, they used to air a ton of anime from Sailor Moon, Shin-chan, One Piece, Dragon Ball, you name it. All uncensored even. It could very much be the economic situation right now, but I'm still wishing for something to air. I mean, besides Pokemon, the only other anime they air here are Powerpuff Girls Z and Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch. And the latter two aren't even good.

Edit: Okay, well, we also have Beyblade if you want to count that but ehhhh.

Edit #2: Well shit. Upon checking a TV guide, Powerpuff Girls Z will have it's final airing this Saturday, and Mermaid Melody will have it's final airing next week. That means 2 anime series are getting chopped off and nothing will replace them. Well, at least not any anime series. This means half the anime already airing now will be gone. Great. There goes my hope.

Edited by SwiftWinds

Huh. Well that's a bit unfair. Europe's Disney XD doesn't have Naruto. Darn. This could mean Doraemon might not come to Europe. I always find it strange how there are a few exclusive shows that the US gets and then others that only Europe gets. I guess it's all down to the licensing in the end, but I wish we'd have some consistency. I was pretty surprised to find Naruto airing in the States. Here in Europe, Naruto is pretty darn popular. If it's not One Piece that comes to mind when talking about anime, then it's Naruto.

... dude, Doraemon has been broadcasting in various countries in Europe since the late 90's at the very least. And without even needing idiotic "B-B-BUT THIS IS ALL IN THE US GUYS NOT JAPAN" editing either.

EDIT: Or late 80's in Italy. Point is, Europe has had Doraemon (or as he shall now be known in US dubs, Dorry-mong!) for a long time; problem comes down to individual countries.

>Koe no Katachi 42

This series is really starting to tear me apart emotionally.

• Thumbs Up 1

And now for a rant. I personally think moe isn't always a blob, at least older moe. I feel the reason the genre is so hit-or-miss is because the cute/moe characters often are one-dimensional and don't have character developement. This is why I think Lime in Saber Marionette J was so unique in the 90's. She started overly energetic and positive, but learns negative emotions that real people often won't accept. In the end of J to X, she willingly gives up immortality as a robot and her memories to become human. During the short time we see her as a human, she has her old personality, but more like a real child than she was before.

In the end of J to X, she willingly gives up immortality as a robot and her memories to become human. During the short time we see her as a human, she has her old personality, but more like a real child than she was before.

Uh, spoilers?

>Koe no Katachi 42

This series is really starting to tear me apart emotionally.

Honestly this was probably the most easily predictable development.

In order to celebrate its 46th anniversary, Shûeisha has updated its “Jump Camera” smartphone application available on the iTunes Store. The update introduces over 3,000 new “stamps” you can paste over pictures you take, ranging from “Kuroko’s Basketball” to “Blue Exorcist” or “New Prince of Tennis.”

Users can even place themselves on the cover of past Weekly Shônen Jump magazine issues, or in the middle of certain pages of their favorite manga.

The 3,000 stamps will only be available for download for free until July 11.

The “Jump Camera” app is available for download from the Japanese iTunes store for free here.

Here’s a more extensive list of the stamps available:

http://onepiecepodcast.com/2014/06/24/free-one-piece-stamps-on-jump-camera-app/

Honestly this was probably the most easily predictable development.

I saw it coming as well, and it still hits hard.

When's the fucking healing.

So I've been watching this anime called Watamote. Or "No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!" as it's known in English. Damn, that title's a mouthful. I just finished episode 7 and it's a very enjoyable and oddly relatable series. Not to mention it has the most badass opening I've heard in an anime. Ever. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3KI2vMb4Ig 

The series revolves around a high schooler named Tomoko Kuroki. She's your typical high school kid who loves playing video games and watching anime. However she's not popular and her goal is to become a popular high school girl with many friends and possibly a boyfriend. Only problem is, she's plagued with social anxiety. Mix this up with her ridiculously optimistic mindset and you've got one wacky character. The show focuses on her troubles to get popular and how sometimes her luck just flip flops all over the place. 

It's been a hell of a ride so far and I only expect it to get better. It's a short series at around 12 episodes, but like other short series I've seen, I hope this doesn't go downhill. It's plot is promising enough to give enough entertaining stories for the next few episodes I have left to watch. As of what I've seen it's a very fun series and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a fun anime to watch. I believe this was talked about a lot when it first came out and I'm just really late on it. But hey, better late then never, as I always say.

I watched some of that. Girl's a freak.

Sad part about it is that girl is probably more reflective of real life than most highschool anime and live action shows. 

Drats and double drat. I can't seem to get into the shows everyone is talking about for some reason or another. But, eh, it's cool.

I might check out the OLD Captain Harlock anime in a couple months and "Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions," seeing as Emily Neves over at Sentaisaid that the characters use escapism, but let things into their hearts as they are ready to handle them, this to me is balancing escapism and our world.

Speaking of Sentai, I have a coupon to buy something of their catalog from Rightstuf, but expires soon, if anyone wants it.

I heard the older Lupin shows were filled with bad jokes, so that might be fun to see in action, as long as Fujiko isn't spending too much time using sexiness.

I am also looking for anime or manga where the main character has abusive family problems like Kaoru in Ai Yori Aoshi or the guys in Ceres The Celestial Legend.

I saw it coming as well, and it still hits hard.

When's the fucking healing.

I just came to talk about it and now you've beaten me to the punch.

Feels.

All right, so, episode 10 of Date a Live.

Right, so it turns out Kotori's a spirit, and the only way Shido, her

older brother, can seal her power is the same way as the last times: go on a date with her and make her fall in love with him.

Arrrgh, you were doing so well, Date a Live (let's just... forget about the whole ramen noodles as tentacles thing, huh?). I'll just say that there better be an alternative, and you better use it.

Finished watching Ping Pong the animation yesterday. It has become my "Anime of the season" along with WIXOSS, Mushishi, and Sidonia.

I really recommend it, the art may be strange but the story makes up for it. It´s that good.

I just finished the first episode of A Little Snow Fairy Sugar. Holy hell, it was boring. Does it get any better or is it perpetually cutesy fluff throughout the whole thing?

I´ve been watching Mahouka recently, I´m on episode six right now.

Which is exactly the problem with this anime? I´m reading bad reviews everywhere and personally, it isn´t that bad for me, I´m actually enjoying it.

My only problem would be slow pacing, but it doesn´t ruin the entire experience for me. And why all this hate for the siblings? I personally think they are cute together.

I dunno.

I finally caught up with Koe no Katachi and...omg...OMG... o__o Shit's getting real now. I want to read what happens next so bad..!

I wonder what happened to Shouya? Paralysed? Lost his leg? Probably the former. GAH!

I finally caught up with Koe no Katachi and...omg...OMG... o__o Shit's getting real now. I want to read what happens next so bad..!

I wonder what happened to Shouya? Paralysed? Lost his leg? Probably the former. GAH!

are they doing this to match him and the girl up as some crippled couple??? Either way I dont think I want to see how he comes out looking after this

• Thumbs Up 1

...this is just gonna get worse isn't it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanna watch something with insane murderer girls. Such as Mirai Nikki, Another, Elfen Lied and Higurashi. Where else can I find these good stuff?