Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

So did anyone bother watching the new episode of SAO season 2?

If not then you're not missing much, just some gag inducing Asuna/Kirito love scenes and a shit load of exposition for the main plot

Sailor Moon's new dub cast for the re-release was announced today.

Looks like a pretty solid cast.

REALLY liking this cast, since most of them are BANG ZOOM! and FUNimation veterans.  I'm most excited about JYB as Artemis, Michelle Ruff as Luna and Cherami Leigh as Minako Aino/Sailor Venus (Venus is my fave and because I'm a big Shakugan no Shana fan and she played Shana in the FUNimation dub).  And even though it's a minor role, Tara Platt (Temari from NARUTO) is perfect for Usagi's mom.

Sailor Moon's new dub cast for the re-release was announced today.

It's casts like these that really put things into perspective. Funimation used to be considered a conglomerate of terrible voice actors. 

I decided to watch Sword Art Online II. I never bothered to finish SAO the original because... reasons, it just turned out to be a let down.

So why have I decided to watch the next saga of this show I abandoned (hell if I know, maybe I'm a sadist).  So the opening of the Sword Art Online II starts off with a pro Gun Gale Online player named Zexceed bragging about his stats in a tournament. He is basically pretty full of himself. During his interview a masked man looks at the screen he's on and spouts some stuff about "Let justice be served" (ok, he didn't say that but basically he did). Ok cool, so he shoots the screen and the guys are all laughing at him like "look at this fuckin' weirdo" and then the nex thing that happens is Zexceed collapses and gets logged out of the game. Everyone looks all spooked and shit and then the masked man makes a big closing statement and then calls the weapon he shot the tv with "Death Gun". I cannot make that up, that is the cheesiest name ever.

So then the opening credits start and afterwards we're greeted with Asuna and Kirito. We get about 6 minutes of Asuna and Kirito catching up on things (I'm honestly kind of confused having not bothered to finish SAO) and blah blah. None of this was really engaging. Then we get a time leap back to 4 hours before they meet. Where he meets this dude and they have lunch and talk about the deaths that have been happening in GGO. He wants Kirioto to help investigate... yay. It gets kind of dramatic and then the scene ends with Kiriot and Asuna having another love moment. And then we get a jump cut to a sniper girls ass.

She fires her sniper and kills some dude. End of episode 1.

Final reaction: ......Fuck? To save you the trouble, NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENS IN THIS EPISODE THAT IS INTERESTING. NOOOOTTTHHHIIIIIING.

Edit: Liking that my favorite VA's Cherami Leigh and Cristina Vee are going to be voicing in the Sailor Moon re-release.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised you people have the mental strength to watch SAOII.

Space Dandy hitting later tonight? Who else is hype?

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly I'm just looking forward to Akame Ga Kiru. I hope the anime is good, I need a good gory show to watch, the manga is pretty frikken sweet. :P

I might give Attack on Titan a shot for the first time tonight, if I can stay up that late. And then there's the buzz going around that many recent shows are sexist. Makes finding enjoyable harder. Though I might try "The World is Still Beautiful," when school gets out.

tumblr_n89mxhdrd61sgbu3ro1_1280.png

tumblr_n89mxhdrd61sgbu3ro2_1280.png

Can this anime get any further up its own ass?

To be absolutely fair, considering how advanced games are in the SAO universe (all the VR crazy stuff and shit), this quote is a little less far up the ass in context of the universe. 

hi I'm chaos warp I defend terrible anime I haven't watched in my spare time 

I decided to watch Sword Art Online II. I never bothered to finish SAO the original because... reasons, it just turned out to be a let down.

So why have I decided to watch the next saga of this show I abandoned (hell if I know, maybe I'm a sadist).  So the opening of the Sword Art Online II starts off with a pro Gun Gale Online player named Zexceed bragging about his stats in a tournament. He is basically pretty full of himself. During his interview a masked man looks at the screen he's on and spouts some stuff about "Let justice be served" (ok, he didn't say that but basically he did). Ok cool, so he shoots the screen and the guys are all laughing at him like "look at this fuckin' weirdo" and then the nex thing that happens is Zexceed collapses and gets logged out of the game. Everyone looks all spooked and shit and then the masked man makes a big closing statement and then calls the weapon he shot the tv with "Death Gun". I cannot make that up, that is the cheesiest name ever.

So then the opening credits start and afterwards we're greeted with Asuna and Kirito. We get about 6 minutes of Asuna and Kirito catching up on things (I'm honestly kind of confused having not bothered to finish SAO) and blah blah. None of this was really engaging. Then we get a time leap back to 4 hours before they meet. Where he meets this dude and they have lunch and talk about the deaths that have been happening in GGO. He wants Kirioto to help investigate... yay. It gets kind of dramatic and then the scene ends with Kiriot and Asuna having another love moment. And then we get a jump cut to a sniper girls ass.

She fires her sniper and kills some dude. End of episode 1.

Final reaction: ......Fuck? To save you the trouble, NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENS IN THIS EPISODE THAT IS INTERESTING. NOOOOTTTHHHIIIIIING.

Edit: Liking that my favorite VA's Cherami Leigh and Cristina Vee are going to be voicing in the Sailor Moon re-release.

These are the only important things:

-Someone is murdering people via an MMO again, but this time it's much less extreme.

-Kirito is still a shitty character

And that's it. You don't need to watch this episode unless Asuna and Kirito is you favorite otp of all time or some shit.

Though I might try "The World is Still Beautiful," when school gets out.

I finished that one today. I enjoyed it a lot. I love the lead character.

Wait does anyone else watch Bakemonogatari? I'm very concerned about the newest season.

Wait does anyone else watch Bakemonogatari? I'm very concerned about the newest season.

Yeah I've seen Bakemonogatari. Although after the fanservice heavy Nisemonogatari, I didn't bother watching Monogatari Series Second Season. Why are you concerned about the new one in particular?

Yeah I've seen Bakemonogatari. Although after the fanservice heavy Nisemonogatari, I didn't bother watching Monogatari Series Second Season. Why are you concerned about the new one in particular?

The main character, Koyomi Araragi, seems to be out of action yet again in favor of one of the girls. Last season the whole last arc was handled by one of the antagonist (ending was quite touching if I say so my self). He's my favorite character to so I don't think I can handle more not Araragi.

The main character, Koyomi Araragi, seems to be out of action yet again in favor of one of the girls. Last season the whole last arc was handled by one of the antagonist (ending was quite touching if I say so my self). He's my favorite character to so I don't think I can handle more not Araragi.

Arararararagi kun (I flubbed it :< ) is an okay fellow. I'm currently watching the final arc of the last season, its been pretty cool so far.

Arararararagi kun (I flubbed it :< ) is an okay fellow. I'm currently watching the final arc of the last season, its been pretty cool so far.

you can't flub when you're dead

Oh enjoy it, it's great. Kaiki is a much better MC than Hanekawa was. It's a shame Araragi takes such a back seat during these arcs though smh.

It would be ok if they finally gave us Kizumonogatari tho. That's been up in the air for about 4 years.

I don't want to.

Speaking of Koe no Katachi, otherwise known as A Silent Voice, it has been licensed by Kodansha Comics for physical release in the West. I know this manga has fans here so it's worth getting the word out.

It's getting a physical release?

This is probably the first manga I'm actually going to bother buying.

It's getting a physical release?

This is probably the first manga I'm actually going to bother buying.

Yes as it states in the link I posted volume 1 hits Spring 2015

I might skip out on Sailor Moon Crystal.

And when the sets of the 90's run some out, I might skip the Super S series and Stars and move right to the manga.

3x3 Eyes is still amusing so far to read. Pai is cute, Parvati is cruel.

Gonna rewatch Tekkaman Blade for the relatable D-Boy's problems, might be good for me.

If Kodansha is releasing the manga overseas then I'm definitely buying it! Koe no Katachi is so brilliant and full of feels that I must put it in my rather small manga collection.

Holy shit...what a nasty, vile bitch!

I'm glad their mum came in to hit her hard on the face

but I hope she gets a taste of her own medicine sooner or later. Poor Shouko!

Also,

if Shouya is unconscious then that means he might not wake up for a while. I wonder how he's going to bond with his friends again after he eventually wakes up.

Just watched the first episode of Toradora. It actually wasn't completely horrible. The animation is sorta loose in a way that I like and I don't totally despise Taiga so far. Hopefully the show remains at least decent like the first episode.

Just watched the first episode of Toradora. It actually wasn't completely horrible. The animation is sorta loose in a way that I like and I don't totally despise Taiga so far. Hopefully the show remains at least decent like the first episode.

Why were you expecting the best romcom to be horrible? wtf

Akame ga Kill started airing and oh my god the casting is actually pretty ok. Wish they'd follow the manga's artstyle more.