Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Hey everybody. So, I've got a question. My sister says she watched this anime with an angel or something, but she couldn't remember the name, but she liked it. She says all she has is this picture she got from a friend over WhatsApp or whatever:

33yt6gw.jpg

I promised her I'd ask what it is. I thought Angel Beats when she said angel, but when I googled it, the red haired girl seems to have blue eyes and not red.

Also there's a chance her description of the show with angels is her being confused or straight up lying :V

So any clue what it is?

Elfen Leid is the show in question. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm borrowing my friend's entire FMA manga collection while he teaches abroad for a few years. Finally gonna get around to this god damned series because I was reluctant to read inconsistently translated online scans

I'm borrowing my friend's entire FMA manga collection while he teaches abroad for a few years. Finally gonna get around to this god damned series because I was reluctant to read inconsistently translated online scans

I heard the manga ver. was different from the 2 anime versions. please do tell what the differences are along the way.

Listing all the differences between manga/Brotherhood and 2003 would be an exercise in futility. However I'm sure I'll be listing things I liked better in either version

I'm more interested in differences between the manga and Brotherhood. I've seen most of Brotherhood's early episodes and thought some of its original additions were absolutely fucking stupid, such as the shitty first episode and Father Cornello hulking out for whatever reason

After I finish the manga I'll most likely binge on Brotherhood and then re-watch 2003 while I'm at it for old time's sake. I still really love the 2003 anime and whether I end up preferring the manga's story to it or not won't change that.

I heard the manga ver. was different from the 2 anime versions. please do tell what the differences are along the way.

It's obviously different from 03, but minus a few things in the first like 15 ish episodes and like 1 or 2 things elsewhere, Brotherhood (mostly it's cut content more then changes) and the manga are 1:1, coming from someone who's read the manga. 

Listing all the differences between manga/Brotherhood and 2003 would be an exercise in futility. However I'm sure I'll be listing things I liked better in either version

I'm more interested in differences between the manga and Brotherhood. I've seen most of Brotherhood's early episodes and thought some of its original additions were absolutely fucking stupid, such as the shitty first episode and Father Cornello hulking out for whatever reason

After I finish the manga I'll most likely binge on Brotherhood and then re-watch 2003 while I'm at it for old time's sake. I still really love the 2003 anime and whether I end up preferring the manga's story to it or not won't change that.

>Shitty

>All the foreshadowing

>The blown mind upon rewatch

no.

Though I will agree 03 handles Cornello better then Brotherhood, better then the manga too to be honest. I consider it the best version of that arc. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Stop, watching it, right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That bad?

That bad?

Extremely. It also has one of the worst endings of a season I've seen.

I gotta vent, I just finished this week's SAO and Sinon just turned into irredeemable garbage this episode for me (Episode 10 spoilers).

The kids laughing at her was ridiculous but ok, cultural differences. I'll give that the benefit of the doubt despite how freaking unnecessarily over the top it was and alright, I'll give her the emotional breakdown (even though it could've been done better), but come ON! Her complete hate boner for Kirito's just gotten so obnoxious at this point.

I know Kirito sucks and that gender swap thing he pulled was lame but she's still holding on to this stupid pointless grudge even though he's constantly helping her out the entire time, especially in this episode. Even when they're taking care of other things she's constantly going on about killing/beating Kirito when they should be thinking about dealing with Death Gun.

Also "I completely hate your guts but let me lie my head on your lap and then tell you my backstory because QUALITY WRITING!"

Ugh, I was genuinely enjoying this show up until this point despite it's flaws earlier, now Sinon's just exploded into this really annoying twat. I don't think I can stand her anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

Having read most of the manga during the 2003 show's run, and before Brotherhood began its simulcasting, there really aren't many differences. Nothing big, anyway. The worst offender is indeed the Father Cornello transformation. Other than that, random early chapters were cut, the worst example being the Youswell chapter,

which gets a flashback when Yoki returns

. I also admit to the Tucker chapter lacking some punch to it, but it's a pretty direct translation of the original manga chapter, which never had quite the same gravity to its outcome that the 2003 series did

(but on the bright side, Tucker's dead and in Hell, if that's your thing)

. The earliest part of that series is really poorly handled and paced, and I have a feeling it was all because the committee was under the mistaken impression of "people already read/saw this shit years ago," but after Hughes's death is when the series rights itself.

There are some slight rearrangements as the show goes on, but from what I remember watching and reading, they are not as big or as noticeable as these early episodes, and certainly nothing that hurts it otherwise.

That said, I have to disagree with you on the first episode, I think it's a good introduction without immediately retreading old ground. It's just unfortunate that the moment they do retread old ground... well, you already know.

If you're a fan of the 2003 show, do not judge Brotherhood as a whole by these early episodes. And do not expect it to be like the 2003 show. Yes, Brotherhood (the anime) was badly paced and poorly planned in the beginning, but it does get better. I think the rest of Brotherhood is a very good adaptation of the manga and it's worth giving a chance. But if you don't have the patience for it, just stick with the manga.

I rewatched Brotherhood in a massive binge over the week and just finished yesterday. The fact that it's on Netflix UK is quite the good reason to watch them all.

If anything, after episode 14 is when it really bangs into light after being a mere branch from the 2003 series. Don't judge it by these first 14 episodes.

I rewatched Brotherhood in a massive binge over the week and just finished yesterday. The fact that it's on Netflix UK is quite the good reason to watch them all.

If anything, after episode 14 is when it really bangs into light after being a mere branch from the 2003 series. Don't judge it by these first 14 episodes.

If you're a fan of the 2003 show, do not judge Brotherhood as a whole by these early episodes. And do not expect it to be like the 2003 show. Yes, Brotherhood (the anime) was badly paced and poorly planned in the beginning, but it does get better. I think the rest of Brotherhood is a very good adaptation of the manga and it's worth giving a chance. But if you don't have the patience for it, just stick with the manga.

Honestly, even if they kind of rush through the material for the first 14 ish episodes and it's not ideal I believe the source material is strong enough that those episodes aren't total garbage anyway. They're still enjoyable to me, just not awesome like the rest of the show. It could be because I watched Brotherhood before reading the manga though. Not to mention I might be slightly biased because Brotherhood is one of my favorite animes ever and the manga is pretty much my favorite manga ever, lol. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one who actually legitimately enjoyed the first 14 or so episodes of FMAB unconditionally? Aside from the Cornello episode which was lame compared to FMA03 and Miracle on Rush Valley which just bored me, everything else I consider to be perfectly engaging material.

• Thumbs Up 1

They're fine on their own, but having watched the previous series and read the manga, it was pretty clear that they were rushing through the material to get to the content that wasn't already covered. Its why Hughes death has none of the impact it did in previous adaptations.

Basically what Kuzu said. It's not that the episodes are bad, but I think the problem is that the committee who worked on Brotherhood seemed to think that series' primary viewership would come over from the 2003 series, so they ended up abridging the material (the first five volumes are almost completely adapted or used as reference in one way or another in first TV series' 26 episodes).

I still think the material is good, actually, I don't hate the episodes either, but those earliest episodes just aren't the best adaptations, and I think that seems to be a sticking point for those that haven't really given Brotherhood a chance yet.

....Is it bad that I found Hughes' death scene more powerful in FMA:B?

I mean, he had more of an impession in 2k3 overall, but I felt that the scene where he died was just too quick in 2k3 and FMA:B's was more tense and unsettling.

• Thumbs Up 1

A new Madoka Magica manga has been announced. This time, it focuses on the events between the TV show (or the first two movies) and Rebellion. Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Wraiths Story.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-09/new-madoka-magica-manga-by-1st-manga-hanokage-debuts/.89041

And since Sayaka is already dead in this universe, this means yet another piece of Madoka merch in which Sayaka will serve as nothing but flashback or expostition and will be neglected as always.

She'll never get the spin-off I've always dreamed of, will she? She just can't get any spotlight besides episodes 6, 7 and 8.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-06-09/rwby-japanese-dub-cast-includes-saori-hayami-yoko-hikasa-more/.89086

RWBY is getting a Japanese dub and the voice cast is pretty damn impressive! If only Monty could see this...

I know RWBY is technically not an anime since it was made in the US and all but it's very much in anime style. And who knows, if it becomes really popular it might end up getting its own anime like Stitch. =]

• Thumbs Up 1

A new Madoka Magica manga has been announced. This time, it focuses on the events between the TV show (or the first two movies) and Rebellion. Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Wraiths Story.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-09/new-madoka-magica-manga-by-1st-manga-hanokage-debuts/.89041

And since Sayaka is already dead in this universe, this means yet another piece of Madoka merch in which Sayaka will serve as nothing but flashback or expostition and will be neglected as always.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYCJnTbmztk

She'll never get the spin-off I've always dreamed of, will she? She just can't get any spotlight besides episodes 6, 7 and 8.

Good for you Homura fans....

Its ok, not many can stand up to the Homu.,

I might consider renting videos for the time being. Living For the Day After Tomorrow looks like it might be fun. Any others to check out?

Finally, Jitsu wa gets a preview.

I think I've made peace with the character designs. I still think the manga's are better, but these are okay, and they're doing the expressions well enough. So long as they've got a decent sense of comedic timing I think I'll enjoy it.

Also the last chapter was great (all the chapters are great) (the anime will never have faces that great :().

So has anyone ever read a manga named Blood Blockade Battlefront? A lot of critics are saying it's pretty good. Can anyone confirm this?

So has anyone ever read a manga named Blood Blockade Battlefront? A lot of critics are saying it's pretty good. Can anyone confirm this?