Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

So I finished watching One Punch Man and I absolutely loved it! Both its visuals and humor were its biggest strengths. Hopefully it won't be too long of a wait before Season 2 comes out.

Why the hell would you name your Patchislot machine "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Restart" ?! that just added salt to the wound Project Gurren.

Well at least 1 good thing came from this, new boss wallpaper!
0mMIYB0.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I finally finished Starship Operators today. It wasn't bad. While it was exciting, there were so many characters that there was little room to get to know many of them. At least there were a few familiar voices. Perhaps I should give more space operas in general a chance.

Hold the fu*@ing phone, Gurren Lagann will return??!!

Oh my god. Gurren Lagann is returning? :blink:Let's see how it turns out.

Both of you do me a solid and read this entire page then reply back to me, thanks.

Yeah so the Gurren Lagann twitter account updated about a day ago:
https://twitter.com/Gurren_Project/status/680268748687687680

From the badly translated feature on twitter it says:

"TV series" end of Nico Nico douga once broadcast on YouTube have been announced!

Best guess is they are re-airing the series on a streaming service.

• 5 weeks later...

OKAY Y'ALL IF YOU'RE NOT WATCHING ANYTHING THIS SEASON

PLEASE
PLEASE

Check out this show:

boku-dake-ga-inai-machi-anime.jpg

(Boku Dake ga Inai Machi/ERASED)

Okay so what is this show about?

This 29-year-old guy:

mqdefault.jpg

Has this weird ability where he gets forcibly sucked back in time a few moments right before something bad happens. After a tragic accident that befalls him, he gets sent back to when he was a mere 5th grader to stop a tragic accident involving a former classmate who died in a mysterious kidnapping incident.

Sounds odd but this is the most I can really say without actually spoiling anything

ANYWAYS...This show man...it's somethin' special so far. This show's got some damn good writing, a great deadpan main character, and is masterful at emotional manipulation. It's only three episodes in so far (at the time of writing) and I'm already considering this Anime of the Year material. Of course, it's really early, and anything can happen, but as it stands right now, it's fucking amazing.

• Thumbs Up 3

Saw half of the first episode, looks good. But I just started Lupin the Third Part IV (it's sooo cooool!). Maybe I'll check it later on.

Oh, DRRR! is back too, last season. Not so hot yet, tho.

I'll echo the sentiment that ERASED is quite excellent. I basically have no complaints so far. 

I guess this is what happens when you give SAO's talented director some decent material to work with!

• Thumbs Up 2

Finished the new season of Durarara, also the latest and final scene to Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works. LOVED LOVED LOVED them both. Great anime's, and I would tell anyone to see them. 

18 hours ago, NiGHTS said:

Finished the new season of Durarara, also the latest and final scene to Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works. LOVED LOVED LOVED them both. Great anime's, and I would tell anyone to see them. 

Glad you liked UBW, even if I was lukewarm on it from a critical standpoint.

Have you seen Fate/Zero? If not, I would recommend it heavily, it details the events of the previous Grail War, and is far more well written to boot (thanks, Gen Urobuchi). It also explains some things that were sort of glossed over in UBW.

I seen Fate Zero, I read all the VN. I am a huge Fate fan in general, and seen now every content there is about it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I plan on watching One Punch Man today, I haven't gotten around to seeing because of distractions and such. But, I'll some of you know what I think of it. (I've heard amazing things about it so I wanted to check it out!)

Are Please Teacher  and Tsukihime any good in regards to the former's humor and the latter's vampire theme? I am asking, as I have not seen a lot of Julie Ann Taylor's shows.

How about Spice & Wolf? I know Brina Palencia is in it.

Has anyone seen Iron Blood Orphans/Gundam?

It's been the best Gundam show I've seen in a while. Dare I say it stacks up with some of the originals and sometimes surpasses them.

It has so much style (the ending theme song is soooo good) and while the story it's the usual Gundam one, this one tends to be more grounded.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Iron-Blooded Orphans is getting better, but I have a lot of problems with the way the first half handled things - chiefly, what it does with Kudelia, who's supposed to be this revoluitionary political figure but who is pretty much never shown doing anything political or expressing any revolutionary sentiments but is just sidelined into domestic work.  The second half of the series is an improvement largely because it reverses this trend.

• Thumbs Up 1

s-l300.jpg

Important!!!

If you're an FMA and haven't bought the series yet then get on it now!

FUNimation just announced that it's license of FAM Brotherhood and Conqueror of Shambala movie will expire on March 31st. After this date all streaming of the show will stop and the DVD/Blurays will become out of print. There may be a chance Aniplex might re-release it but they have stated they have no interest in back-catalog titles, plus they probably would charge +$600 for Brotherhood.

FUNimation has said they still have rights to the 2003 series but considering how many Aniplex shows are gone/going away (Darker than Black S1, Baccano), I wouldn't count on it staying for long.

In fact, I think it's best to buy any Aniplex produced show not created recently that Aniplex of America doesn't own. Who knows how many are going to disappear.

Link to article