Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

erm....there is this one new anime/manga that alot of people seem to be going crazy for.

It's called Soul Eater, I do like the character designs and the animation style, and get some really wacky moments that make me think its and Action/Comedy, with elements of Horror.

Although I haven't seen an episode yet, I think I'll like it. :shrug:

And I believe it's already being dubbed.

Soul Eater is great fun, I waws about 15 eps into it, the animation is top notch, especially in the fights, and the plot wasn't exactly the most epic thing ever so far, it was lighthearted and very enjoyable. I'd recommend it.

I've read the first chapter of Soul Eater and found myself rather bored with it (not too big into shonen, with some exceptions). One of these days I'll have to give it another go, I guess, since a friend of mine is an avid fan of it and has been nagging me about it for some time.

Edited by Jake

Soul Eater ain't bad. I just kinda stopped at episode thirty-seven I think, right after

Medusa got the BREW

. Gonna have to start catching up.

Soul Eater is gonna turn into one of those anime that I hear and read so much about in message boards and I don't really give much thought to at the time. Then it's licensed and I give it a shot and then I'm hooked. I just know it. Other series that happened to with me were FLCL and Fullmetal Alchemist.

I always try to get into anime, but every time I do I get turned off by the settings, it's always either super futuristic robot etc, Fuedal japan, or some modern day horror/ fantasy thing. Just kinda turned me off.

^ no it's not lol, what are you looking for? I'm happy to give reccomendations.

Twilight might become an anime rofl

my mahwnguhz, lemme show u dem

photo031709001.jpg

I just got them this weekend. I wanted to find something that I've heared of before, so I got Haruhi because I'm a fan of the anime, Case Closed! was mostly because of Diz, and I've always wanted the Zelda manga ever since it was first announced it was being made.

I'm surprised nobody even mentioned the Zelda manga yet. =\

Chocolate Pocky is way better then strawberry....

I couldn't agree with you more! I felt the chocolate ones had a better taste to them.

Oh great. It's bad enough that the series is overrated already. But I wouldn't be surprised if Twilight was made into an anime.

Ricky: A Zelda manga? That's something I'd like to take a look at. Oh, and Detective Conan/Case Closed is a really good series. You should give the anime watch too if you haven't done so already.

Edited by Kevin

Don't even joke about that. :angry:

The Haruhi manga is alright. It's one downside (much like the Shana manga, which also features Noize Ito character designs) is that the artist assigned to it starts off weak, but slowly gets a feel for the character designs after a few volumes. I mean, Kyon doesn't even look like Kyon until chapter 9. Of course, considering the fact that the manga (both Haruhi and Shana) had to follow Noize Ito and their respective anime series, it was an uphill battle for both to match their great art.

Edited by Snatcher2047

I'd liked the OoT one, the Majora's Mask one was good but far too squashed together and rushed.

Edited by JezMM

I've heard bad things about th Zelda mangas >.>

I'm now reviewing anime, manga and figmas for UK Anime Network!

Edited by Mollfie

Yeah, the Zelda manga has been getting average reviews. =(

Talking about Pocky makes me want to have Pocky now too. Nom nom... ;3;

Btw~ does anyone know what other interesting, fangirly/fanboyish and overrated anime will await us this year? =O

Haruhi season 2?

I wish...

Um there's always the second gurren lagann movie!? ( i didn't know the first was out!?!)

Trailer

http://www.gurren-lagann-movie.net/special/index.html

and some screencaps!?! http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/145/145490/ <-woo Pink Dayakkaise

Focus on the movie is more on Simon and Nia. Fangirls rejoice! Get ready to cry buckets!

A second season of Haruhi would be awesome, but it's only been rumoured of and stuff. D: I hope there will be one coming soon though, 'cos 14 episodes is just not enough for something as great as Haruhi Suzumiya!

Oh yeah! I almost forgot about the second Gurren Lagann movie! Can't wait~ ^-^

I really want to see the first movie, but it doesn't seem to be available online anywhere. Apparently though it's released on DVD in April, so maybe someone can get hold of it and sub it. =D

Wait...did you just say there would be more Simon and Nia action? UWHEE~ that was just what I was hoping for!! =>w<= *squeals a rather fangirly squeal*

I watched the first episode of Eureka and was severally dissapointed by the lack of cute character T__T the girls are not attractive enough. lol /perv

erm...Soul Eater and Code Geass? Big fangirl/boying about those.

Haruhi Season 2 was supposed to be airing in April, but got put back again...as usual. It might not even happen cos they've been having problems with the writer.

winter08-09.jpg

This is the Winter season, so stuff that's showing now.

e053b1fd5830da9707ffe3f93865a4b2123.jpg

Stuff coming up

Haruhi Season 2 should be airing in April

Season 2

airing

Ahahahaha. Ha. Yeah.

Nah. KyoAni's doing a new animation called Munto. Once Clannad After Story is done, there's a higher chance they'll jump straight into Little Busters! instead. And I love The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - I've just accepted that season 2 won't be happening anytime soon, and I can laugh it off whenever KyoAni cockteases the fanbase with false hopes.

The newest Naruto Chapter 440 is out and it is good I can't believe

Naruto's Father appeared and talked to Naruto. I was hoping for more info than what they talked about (Naruto's Mothers Death?) but whatever.

The newest Bleach Chapter 350 was good too but it leads more into the next chapter to where the real action will pick up.

Edited by Shade737

Yeah, I don't see it happening soon, but at least they are doing that HARUHI-CHAN series on YouTube and that's working for me now, since that series is so damn hilarious.