Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I didn't even know a new Spider-Man animation was in the works. Personally (as I'm not too much of a comic book hero fan - Batman is one of the few exceptions), I wasn't very impressed with the original Spider-Man cartoon, even though I saw it as a kid. And I don't really have anything against comedy in and of itself - Freakazoid! is the funniest thing ever, Western or otherwise, and it's just the type of children's cartoon that we need today.

I've seen Gargoyles on the very rare occasion and don't have much recollection on it. I'm a huge fan of Batman The Animated Series. Never watched Avatar.

Gargoyles was quite possibly Disney's greatest achievement as far as half-hour animated series are concerned. The way they mixed in Shakespeare references was pretty awesome, too.

On my side of things, I just finished up Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's tonight. After finishing two seasons of this series, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, even if it feels like an over-dramatized version of Cardcaptor Sakura (a favorite of mine).

Also, I didn't even know a new Spider-Man animation was in the works. Personally (as I'm not too much of a comic book hero fan - Batman is one of the few exceptions), I wasn't very impressed with the original Spider-Man cartoon, even though I saw it as a kid.

In that case, I recommend it. It's a good watch. And, I was pretty much on the same boat as you on the original Spidey cartoon. Pretty boring. But, I think the Gargoyles team did a good job taking stuff from other Spider-Man stories and making it their own. You'll get into it once you let it, as it starts to gain its pace after episode 4 or so, and keeps on rolling. It finished its second season in Canada and airing next month in Disney XD (I think). ...I already said the action scenes are pretty sweet once episode 5 or so rolls along, right?

Gargoyles was quite possibly Disney's greatest achievement as far as half-hour animated series are concerned. The way they mixed in Shakespeare references was pretty awesome, too.

The same ones responsible did that again in The Spectacular Spider-Man, in the second season. The way they paralleled A Midsummer Night's Dream to the plot was genius.

What whut? Jewel Pets are creepy? Nuuuu they're SUPER DUPER ADORABLE AND CUTE!!! ;____;

Seriously, they're super cute, you just can't handle the cuteness! They remind of Cinnamon-chan and his buddies. Oh, and also the Pity Kitties and Pity Puppies art with the big, watery eyes. ~<3

il_430xN.44607704.jpg

WAHAA that puppy is adorable!!! I want to hug him.

I was rewatching Azumanga Daioh last night. I forgot how cute that show is and how creepy the Lit. teacher is... XD

Haha. Mollfie what a horrible image that conjured up in my head. I am just taking it that you really don't like big eyed things.

?_? what are you guys talking about? hmm....let me see.....

Holy cow!! 0_0; Those eyes are.....huge!! It's looking right at me! O_O

*a-ahem*....anyways....erm...there is this anime I haven't seen that some people I know like. I'm just wondering has anyone seen an anime or the Manga called "Ouran High School Host Club?" .....and is it any good?

So, is there anyone else (besides me) who likes Initial D? Just checking if there are some fans in here. Also, since somo people were recommending series some time ago, I'll jump in too and reccomend some series:

-Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: The first two series (the first and A's) are basically an action-oriented magical girl show (much like the Pretty Cure series, except with more emphasis in magical attacks), while the third (StrikerS) is more like a Gundam series, except with magical girls instead of mechas.

-Sketchbook ~full color'S~: A slice-of-life series about an extremely shy and weird girl who joins an art club. While every member of the club is wacky in it's own way, the series doesn't delve much in comedy, as everything is seen through the main girl's world view, which mellows out everything. Also, cats.

-Canvas2 ~Rainbow-colored sketch~: A high-school romance series about an art student who refuses to paint due to a past trauma involving his previous crush, whom he meets again. The story is not exactly a groundbreaking, but is rather nice. And before you ask, yes, there is a Canvas1, but it's hentai.

-Initial D (gotta spread the word! :P): A racing series about a boy who is a genius driving in Mt. Akina, and who gets challenged by other racers. At least, that's how the series starts, but later evolves into a more complex setup. There's a good deal of character and plot development, but the highlight of the series is the racing, especially due to the faithful reproduction of the real-life roads the racing takes place.

*a-ahem*....anyways....erm...there is this anime I haven't seen that some people I know like. I'm just wondering has anyone seen an anime or the Manga called "Ouran High School Host Club?" .....and is it any good?

Hrrrm~ I ask the same question! I'm curious about Ouran High School Host Club, mostly because it's got alot of bishounen stereotypes in it. XD

And Hunny-chan is weird! But adorable. ^3^;

Pray tell more kthnx! OwO *grin*

It's not your typical highschool romance, Haruhi is a really strong character, and the other characters though at first appear to be very 2D aren't really. Plus they do an Alice in Wonderland episode, so what's not to love? It's so much fun to watch and the end made me cry. There's drama sure, but most of the time it's just fun.

What Mollfie said is true. Ouran High School Host Club is absolutely adorable and really funny, there are some drama-tastic bits but that is what makes it so good.

I can't watch Ouran because of Haruhi she comes across as a bit of a Mary Sue *Gets hit in face wth brick*

I can't watch Ouran because of Haruhi she comes across as a bit of a Mary Sue *Gets hit in face wth brick*
I'm hoping that was a joke. >:(

^Nope no joke. *Realises she's public enemy number 1* O_o

I started off liking her but as the series progressed she started to become a little too idealised. I think I found her being a little too kind sometimes. I don't hate her but I find myself liking her sometimes and disliking her others. It's just me, I'm picky with characters.

Edited by CreamyBagel

^ I personally really like her, she's a strong, kind character. She's not too "I can take care of myself ffffs!" but equally not all dewy eyed and relying on the guys all the time. I do agree it's a little idealised, but the whole series is lol that's kind of what makes it so good?

Adorable? Funny? *puts on my Watch Anime list* <3

I'm hoping that was a joke. >:(

*le gasp* What are you doing watching a girly anime? >:0

*grabs Koopa Troopa shell to protect myself with*

Well, I've downloaded all of Toradora! and am going to watch it later, along with Haibane Renmei and Kamichu! Not sure why I was drawn into wanting to see it - I don't usually enjoy romantic comedies unless they're pulled off extremely well (see: Lova Roma, manga version of Mahoraba). The premise does sound halfway decent though, so I'm willing to give it a shot, even though I'm not much of a fan of tsundere characters either.

*le gasp* What are you doing watching a girly anime? >:0
what? Just because I'm a rugged hulky manly man doesn't mean I can't watch some girly anime every now and again. D:

I'm also watching Claymore which is *gasp* about an all girl team of demon slayers!!! D: D: D: