Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I have to admit, I don't watch nearly as much anime as I used to. I only watch One Piece now, except for when I watched Gurren Lagann in its entirety a few weeks ago...which was FREAKIN' AMAZING.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

I am still working through Gurren Lagann, I am about 45% of the way through it. It's quite good.

Haibane Renmei is quite a soft anime, very little action many describe it as "boring" but I liked it. Made a change from my usual stuff.

^ pft Haibane Renmei is not boring. It's one of the most loved animes in the community.

Look who arrived!!

KonataHaruhi.png

Konata arried at 9am today n__n

Edited by Mollfie

From what I've seen of Haibane Renmei, it's fantastic and relaxing as hell. I adore shows such as Kino no Tabi and AIR, so it seems to be just my kind of show. I've still yet to see it properly; I've only skimmed through various episodes.

I have to admit, I don't watch nearly as much anime as I used to. I only watch One Piece now, except for when I watched Gurren Lagann in its entirety a few weeks ago...which was FREAKIN' AMAZING.

Then I'd recommend you Soul Eater since it's too is an action packed anime with an good quality, if you download the HD that is. But for now I have just finished looking at clannad/after story, and I got to admit the series as a whole is fantastic.

Tho I would never recommend the anime if you're just gonna watch some episodes, if you want to see the beauty of the anime then you should watch the whole serie not just one episode because then you might not like <_< .

Thought if you do not like sad, drama and comedy then you might not like it either.

Ooh and I forgot to say stupidity as well because that will come back and forth time to time so yerr.

I give all anime a 3 episode test, if I'm still interested after that I'll keep watching. It usually works with most anime.

I give all anime a 3 episode test, if I'm still interested after that I'll keep watching. It usually works with most anime.

Well maybe, that depends because if I would have done that then I probably wouldn't have watched the series.

That is if you don't like the jokes but I think you're gonna like it either way so who cares :P.

Why I say this, because I think it's an great anime and shouldn't be called an bad anime if you havent watched both of the sessions.

And whatever you do, do NOT watch the clannad movie because it contains somewhat(badly) explained spoilers with crappy animation and not same voice actors of the second session and it feels rushed.

Edited by Tailer

Well I finished Tora Dora. It's a pretty good series. The animation is quite good, and my favorite character is Taiga due to the fact that she isn't a pushover. The story was a bit cliched, but it wasn't horrible either. I certainly recommend giving the series a look at nonetheless.

Now I need to finish up Soul Eater. I just need to watch the last two episodes.

Edited by Kevin

I have not saw that one yet (I don't think) but I will definitely give it a watch as it looks absolutely adorable and has a great voice cast.

I finally sat down and watched my Tenchi Universe DVDs that I bought in January. Despite knowing how the show ended, being twice as old as I was when I first saw it and reminding myself of both of these things multiple times, I still cried throughout Episode 24.

Tenchi Universe... that's a show that brings back memories. Tenchi is the first anime series that I actually spent my own money on (long before it was on Cartoon Network). I miss those days of anime when Pioneer went the extra mile with their English dubs and dubbed the songs into English as well (full-length versions and all).

Besides FMA, K-ON! sounds a little interesting. I've always liked KyoAni's animation style, so I want to see what it's like.

I just got finished watching FLCL. Talk about one crazy anime! I found it hilarious they mimicked South Park's style in one episode.

I just got finished watching FLCL. Talk about one crazy anime! I found it hilarious they mimicked South Park's style in one episode.

FLCL is the shit.

I love surreal-ness, especially surreal art e.g Salvador Dali and Yellow Submarine junk. And I laugh my ass off at things such as This Dali video. FEEEESH! BLUUUUD!

And I tried watching FLCL.

...Couldn't get halfway through the first episode. Was it because of the dub? Am I too young to understand it? Is my mind not crazy enough already?? D: What's going on~?

Having finished watching Toradora! recently (after marathoning all 25 episodes), I find that it's one of the most enjoyable series I've seen in a long time.

The characters are fantastic. I'm not a fan of tsundere characters, but I love the bond that plays off between Ryuuji and Taiga, making them both very likable characters in the long run. The supporting cast were handled well and able to uphold Taiga and Ryuuji's development while still being their own characters, rather than mere tools. The ending, albeit abrupt, was very nice, and was worth watching the entire series for in one go.

I walked into Toradora! expecting a retarded-ass harem anime with an idiot male lead and a bunch of annoying archetype girls constantly fighting over him. Instead, what I got was a show with a wonderful plot and very enduring characters and emotional development. I've ended up eating my words; it ended up exceeding my extremely low expectations, but it also has found its place as a very enjoyable anime in its own right. I'm really going to miss Taiga, Ryuuji, and the others (at least, until I eventually rewatch this series someday).

One of the things that made Tora Dora good in my opinion is that had a bit of everything. Humor, drama, etc. While I do agree the ending was a bit rushed, it was good nonetheless.

I also agree about the characters and the theme songs. Both Ryuuji and Taiga were excellent characters. Taiga being my favorite, mainly because she was tough and wasn't a pushover (it bugs me greatly when characters are complete pushovers). Yet at the same time, I have a dislike for the attitude she displayed towards the others, especially at the beginning of the series.

Edit: Good news for FMA fans. Madman will stream episodes of the new FMA series online.

Edited by Kevin

MADMAN WINS, WOOT AUSTRALIA! Best news ever!

Now I don't have to go hunting for subs. :)If only they'd lower the cost of DVDs now....

Has anyone watched Rurouni Kenshin, otherwise known as Samurai X?

It's already been 10 years since I started watching it, I believe. It was highly popular here (may have been due to the fact that there was nothing better going on on TV), with several reruns. I loved it to pieces (but I wasn't even ten yet, so I thought it was a bit violent xD). I think it was the first anime I followed with interest. The others didn't do much for me at the time.

It's too bad they don't broadcast it anymore. I may re-watch it when I find the episodes.

(Needless to say, I watched a dubbed version).

I finally sat down and watched my Tenchi Universe DVDs that I bought in January. Despite knowing how the show ended, being twice as old as I was when I first saw it and reminding myself of both of these things multiple times, I still cried throughout Episode 24.

I had a partial heart attack the first time I saw that episode lol. Tenchi Universe is my favourite of the Tenchi series.