Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I think fanservice is great when it comes to a character who is inherently designed to look appealing (not just hot) rather than the show actually resorting to sexualized tactics like panty shots, unfathomable cleavage, or "oh my we're taking a bath together and oops I trip and I accidentally give you a blowjob, clumsy me!" situations. When watching an anime or playing games, I actually get my kicks (kicks, NOT KINKS OKAY) out of admiring characters' wardrobes and overall design. Saber is a good, non-sexual example that I enjoy looking at and collecting art of.

either you're pretending it didn't happen in which case, oh you, or you don't know today is one year since E8 ended

Fanservice doesn't bother me one bit (unless it's Ikkitousen... *barf* such a horrible anime). As for HotD understandable, the girls are wearing skirts and doing flips, bouncing breasts and panty shots, excused due to physics. :rolleyes: Though I am wondering how they managed to get a panty shot on the sword girl when she'ss wearing that very long skirt...

PS: Last episodes zombie battle was so over the top awesome.

She ripped her skirt for practicality and easy movement.

I do not have a problem with fanservice. In fact, I've seen animes with tons of female fanservice, and they never gets any complaints. Not saying that I'm not okay with ripped guys taking off their shirts, but atleast be more balanced with the complaints. Hell, think about all the animes with tons of female fanservice. We are talking DBZ, FMA, One Piece, TTGL(not once has Kamina ever worn a shirt), and much more. And no, chesticles are not the same as testicles. Shirtless is shirtless.

Last week I decided to have a mindfuck by watching Evangelion. Watched End of Evangelion to finish it off, not gonna bother with the other stuff right now.

I did say that I was going to watch Higurashi Kai, but there's no dub. Regardless of bad voice acting I'd still prefer it over Moonspeak if it's uncensored. 4Kids can fuck off.

I guess to be honest I wouldn't be freaking out if there was more fanserivice for heterosexual girls. *Shrugs*

...Needs more shirtless guys.

So basically, you're just jealous ;D

FMA has a bunch of lady oriented fanservice now I think about it. That Scene where mustang is all shirtless after sealing his own wounds shut with fire, omg so manly *_*

In fact, I've seen animes with tons of female fanservice, and they never gets any complaints.

Example:

In America!

In all seriousness, though, I think that the reason female fanservice doesn't get complaints is because there are no girls on the internet it probably passes over the heads of most males. Or the signals get crossed somewhere and it doesn't appear to be fanservice to men (for example, I don't see DBZ as very fanservicey, but it is very manly).

Edited by Tornado

So basically, you're just jealous ;D

FMA has a bunch of lady oriented fanservice now I think about it. That Scene where mustang is all shirtless after sealing his own wounds shut with fire, omg so manly *_*

I'm not jealous. I mean, if I wanted to see boobs bouncing around I could just go jog for a couple of hours D: But I can't do that with male fanservice.

Ok just a little jealous.

I'm not jealous. I mean, if I wanted to see boobs bouncing around I could just go jog for a couple of hours D: But I can't do that with male fanservice.

Ok just a little jealous.

Go to Florida. Better yet, go to college in Florida. There is nothing but shirtless guys running around. Even I do it from time to time.

Alot of us neglect to realize that those animes have a large female following for a reason.

Edited by turbojet

Too much fanservice does get to me when Im watching High School of the Dead. I watch it and get the usual action feeling but then see the excessive fanservice then it feels a bit off.

Edited by Shade???

Haha, in episode 461 of One Piece they accidentely gave Shanks 2 arms xD

And Whitebeard's laugh is hilarious.

Edited by MarcelloF

So how was episode 6 of Highschool of the Dead, I can only sum it up in two pics... don't worry I 4kids them.

Censored or not, these screenshots are still a little too provocative to post. Sorry. -Jake

Edit: I understand :), sorry about that, I'll just use this one to express my feelings about episode 6.

What I felt like after watching episode 6.

gg_HIGHSCHOOL_OF_THE_DEAD_-_06_9B3D11E8mkv_snapshot_2223_20100809_200244.jpg

Fanservice 10

Plot development 5

Enjoyment level 6

Episode Overall 6, it was a slow episode but it did happen in the manga so I will accept it... Episode 7 should prove to be more exciting, I think this they will have to

rescue the little girl and escape from the house

. Also they should have shot that damn dog, damn thing making so much noise attracting more zombies...

Edited by Silencer226

I enjoyed it too. It really is a great series.

I didnt check out the manga yet. I might though if Anime goes off track too much.

Edited by Shade???

Being the pathetic sucker for romance (guess that's why I love Toradora lol) that I am, I have started watching Suzuka. I have heard mixed things about it, but I'm not very picky and think it's actually pretty good.

Edited by Silencer226

So I finished watching the camrip of Disappearance... and good lord am I glad I didn't wait for the DVD. I'd like to say it blew me away but I had high expectations already so I can't really do that. But to say it met my expectations is a lot, so it's all good. I was really amazed to have a time travel plot that was both complicated and still makes sense, it's something I can't say I've seen before and I thought it was brilliant. Just the way the scenes played out was fantastic, every time they loaded you with a bunch of new info they gave you time to digest it and figure out just what exactly was really happening. I appreciated it a lot. Although that might just be because I watched Eva not long ago and now anything that I can comprehend on my first run through get's compared to that... and that makes it seem like a miracle after that confusing mess.

The characterization was just unbelievable, the biggest surprises of the movie came from that. Endless Eight had shed new light on how tough Yuki's job is and now the film did the same for Mikuru and even reinforced it for Yuki.

Particularly, the scene where the alternate Kyon meets adult Mikuru. She mentioned how she hoped she hadn't made a mistake which leads me to believe she needs to understand every moment of this nutty timeline and jump in to do whatever at precise moments which is a pretty damn big burden. And with Yuki... well fuck, if you watched it you should know. I never expected her to be the cause of everything. I was thinking about it tons but never had an idea, eventually I thought it was Mikuru but Yuki always seemed like the one perfect one who can always fix shit and I love how they played with that idea. And to see her developing emotions, wow. I hope we get more seasons because I'd love to see that continue.

Man, it was just great. The plot was fantastic, the music was fantastic, the camrip was full of QUALITY. I still can't wait for the DVD/Bluray but this has me set for now. When they release it here in the states I'll definitely buy it.