Awoo.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

Detective Shadzter

UPDATE: It's Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

http://www.joystiq.c...er-hd-announce/

Tony Hawk promises Spike VGA game reveal

By Robert Purchese Published 7 December, 2011

Nice of him to drop in.

Iconic skateboarder Tony Hawk will announce a new game on Saturday, presumably at the Spike VGAs.

Here's Tony Hawk's cryptic tweet: "I'll be announcing the upcoming release of something new on Sat; the same day as the Spike Video Game Awards. Coincidence? I think not."

There hasn't been a Tony Hawk skating game since October 2010, and the release of Tony Hawk: Shred. Like Tony Hawk: Ride before it, Shred was based around an expensive motion-sensing skateboard peripheral.

Sadly, Tony Hawk: Shred was a flop, as was Tony Hawk: Ride.

This led to lay-offs at developer Robomodo.

But Robomodo wasn't closed and is, today, trying to raise money from the public for an XBLA Kinect game called Bodoink.

Whether Robomodo is involved with Tony Hawk's new game we'll have to wait and see. However, the days of third-party plastic peripherals are over. Guitar Hero, Rock Band, DJ Hero and Tony Hawk: Ride/Shred have all been shelved in favour of today's Zeitgeist: dance games on Kinect, Move or Wii.

Perhaps a new Tony Hawk game will go back to the series' mega-popular roots and be controlled by a pad. This worked well for EA with Skate, after all - although that series is MIA since 2010, too.

The other question to be answered is whether Tony Hawk's new game will be for next-generation consoles.

http://www.eurogamer...vga-game-reveal

If it's a skating game, I wonder if Hawk will go back to the controller-based games. Obviously Ride and Shred didn't work out.

Good god, how many games are gonna be announced at the VGAs this year?

inb4segaannouncessoniccdisoutnowthere

Edited by PSI Freeze

As a fan of the Pre Ride Era I'm totally hoping for a return to form Tony Hawk Pro Skater game I've been avoiding TH games ever since RIDE was announced which wasn't very appealing to me as a Tony Hawk fan with the stupid Skateboard controller :\ but I shouldn't get my hopes up since Tony himself came up with the concept for RIDE/Shred so yeah I expect another shitty TH game which will make me a sad Shaddix :(

but I shouldn't get my hopes up since Tony himself came up with the concept for RIDE/Shred so yeah I expect another shitty TH game which will make me a sad Shaddix sad.png

I've actually been curious about how much of it was Hawk's idea and how much of it was Activision's attempt to cash in on the plastic peripheral craze and pretending it was Hawk's idea.

And :lol: at "will it be next gen." If it was going to be next gen, they wouldn't announce it two years in advance.

I've actually been curious about how much of it was Hawk's idea and how much of it was Activision's attempt to cash in on the plastic peripheral craze and pretending it was Hawk's idea.

And laugh.png at "will it be next gen." If it was going to be next gen, they wouldn't announce it two years in advance.

Yeah, but there's the possibility it could be on Wii U, which is a next gen system due out next year.

One of all my all time favourites was Underground 2. As a kid, I absolutely adored it and would love to see something similar.

Do something like Project 8 - Proving Ground again, or another one of those board-gimmick games (or another god-forsaken Downhill Jam) and I'll kick everyone's teeth in. BUT if you take everything from THPS3 - American Wasteland and shove it in a blender, and you got yourselves a purchase, baby.

If you guys haven't already noticed back when SSX was announced, I am aggressive about mah boarding gaym franchisez.

Yeah, but there's the possibility it could be on Wii U, which is a next gen system due out next year.

Which wouldn't mean anything, because they would never make it an exclusive.

Or 3DS, or Vita. Unless you don't count them as Next Gen for some reason.

I don't because they aren't.

If it has no relation to the words "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater" than I'm not interested.

Man, THPS3 was the shizz. I hope that he's finally making a THPS5 or a spiritual successor to the THPS tetralogy. If it has motion controls, let them be optional. I will also accept a downloadable port, remake, or compilation of those games as well.

Which wouldn't mean anything, because they would never make it an exclusive.

I don't because they aren't.

Edited by ModernHentaiQuillScrooge
  • Thumbs Up 2

I actually never really got into THPS3. I played a lot of 1 and 2 at a friends until they released the almight Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x on the original Xbox that was like both games in one with a few more new levels (my favorite THPS game XD), and then I owned 4 when it first hit the stores and loved that one to bits too. I can't remember where, but I played quite a bit of 3 somewhere, but mostly just the first few levels.

Anyways, a THPS5 would be stellar. With how popular series revivals are in this point in time, I could see it working even. However, I don't want to hold my breath. While as awesome as it'd be to have new game function like those ones but even more polished would be stunning. And we could have even more content and such with today's consoles, <3. Just if it ever does happen, it better damn have one awesome, ska-punktastic soundtrack or I'll rageface.

I'm going to take this statement and make an hypothesis that you don't consider the Wii part of this current gen as well.

When an article wonders out loud if a game will be for next generation consoles and the intention behind the statement is obvious, why should it matter whether it comes out on the Vita/3DS (which are not consoles) or the Wii U (which the article was not referring to)?

Looks like something I could get into, as I've played 2&3. Can't wait to learn more.

Same here I cannot wait to learn more about this HD remake of 1 & 2 smile.png I hope it retains it's original soundtrack(s) too ain't a Tony Hawk 1/2 remake with out this music for me

GAH I really wanna go on my PS1 now old memories coming back :')

But I'm very worried over the dev choice I'd rather have Neversoft do this.

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft
  • Thumbs Up 2

As hyped as I am to see that warehouse again after over a decade I hope the game does more than just recreate the whole game in HD.

As hyped as I am to see that warehouse again after over a decade I hope the game does more than just recreate the whole game in HD.

Seeing that the original developers are not making this I expect like a Sonic 4 like game "It's Classic Sonic but feels nothing like that Sonic the Hedgehog 3 feeling" so I really hope they have nailed the Classic Tony Hawk gameplay than the ride shit the have been doing but I'll probs be more relaxed if I saw more footage of someone playing it seeing that it has a Summer 2012 release date from what the Facebook page says.

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft

Reaction to reveal:

*sees title* biggrin.png YESSSS!

*reads that game will only take "select" levels from THPS 1 and 2* :|

*finds out Neversoft (original developer) isn't developing the game* |:-/

*reads that the developer is Robomodo, who developed TH: Ride and TH: Shred* sleep.png

...still have some hope for this game; although this games sounds more like "THPS2X-Greatest Hits HD." I just hope that the gameplay will be the same as the original four, and that they'll bring back several gameplay modes (single and multiplayer) that were introduced throughout the series; as well as playable characters and songs from the previous soundtracks. Hope that the game has good online leaderboards/multiplayer.

Edited by ModernHentaiQuillScrooge
  • Thumbs Up 1

^ That's what I thought too, sounding like THPS2X. Which if so and is just as awesome, HOLY SHIT <3!. I do hope being "THPSHD" though, it's spanning THPS's 1-4. There was some excellent levels from all of the series, and I'm going to have a hard time wishing for which ones make the cut, XD. However, I could totally see some add-on content to this for more levels of nostalgiapants, >D.

All of my hype really, Neversoft or not. While it does concern me a bit, I'm just too stoked at the moment to care, XD!