Awoo.

The Official Sonic 4 on PC discussion topic

ezodagrom

UPDATE: Now that Sonic 4 Episode 1 is out on Steam, this topic will be used to discuss the game.

UPDATE 2: With Episode 2 being available on the PC as well, this topic could be used to discuss the PC version of both games.

Original post:

Was checking the Steam registry and just saw this:

s4ep1pc.jpg

Well, looks like there's going to be a PC version of Sonic 4 Episode 1. :>

Edited by ezodagrom
  • Thumbs Up 9

Well finally. can't wait to see what hackers do to make this game good.

Why did it take soo long though? A PC release should've been almost the same day if not same month as the launch day.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't even care that it's over a year late, I'm just happy to see this baby pop up on Steam! It's nice to see SEGA finally cozying up to the concept of regularly releasing PC versions of Sonic's most recent outings. Why, I simply can't wait to see such graphical mediocrity in glorious 1080p... in 3D!

Or better yet, I can't wait to see what Sonic Retro does once they get their hands on this. A fixed-up new and improved...dare I say, potentially true to the classics version of Sonic 4? Yes, please!

(Now, just get around to releasing PC ports of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Unleashed, and Sonic Free Riders and I'll be one happy camper. Sega Superstars Tennis wouldn't hurt, either.)

Edited by Hunter the Christmas Fan
  • Thumbs Up 4

(Now, just get around to releasing PC ports of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Unleashed, and Sonic Free Riders and I'll be one happy camper. Sega Superstars Tennis wouldn't hurt, either.)

Well finally. can't wait to see what hackers do to make this game good.

Why did it take soo long though? A PC release should've been almost the same day if not same month as the launch day.

• Thumbs Up 2

I knew this would happen someday!

Edited by The Dead Snow

I'm torn between downloading this for modding purposes, and not downloading it cause I hate digital distribution that much ad already bought the game once via such a method.

The Sonic 4 Episode 1 Steam registry entry has been updated, now the current version is listed as version 2, previously it was listed as version 0. I wonder if this means that the PC version of S4 Ep1 could be close to be released? Who knows. ^^;

s4ep1v2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

The registry entry has been updated again, now the Current Version ID has been bumped from version 2 to version 5:

s4ep1v5.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

The registry entry has been updated again, now the Current Version ID has been bumped from version 2 to version 5:

s4ep1v5.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

I would only buy this game if it was under 2 bucks... This game better be 3 bucks on steam and I shall be waiting on summer sale.

I would only buy this game if it was under 2 bucks... This game better be 3 bucks on steam and I shall be waiting on summer sale.

I'm in, as long as it's 10 bucks or less :V

I'm in, as long as it's 10 bucks or less :V

:o Can only imagine myself buying Sonic CD for 10 bucks with all the console function AND MOD TOOLS, would instantly buy that.

And it has been updated again, from version 5 to version 6:

It only creeps closer and closer! :V

God wish they announce this already so we can stop all this guesswork. C'mon SEGA, give us our Sonic 4 PC!