Awoo.

The Official Sonic 4 on PC discussion topic

ezodagrom

They jumped the gun maybe? and SEGA had plans to make some sort of trailer today? =/

Weird....since i don't have steam i'm looking forward to see what you guys say cause in all honesty that would be a seet move and we all know it's gonna happen sooner or later(well probably)

If this is true then i'm expecting a mods topic with a fixed sonic 4 by the end of the day.

Don't let me down.

lol yup! It was just a matter of time :P Nothing's showing up on Steam yet for me though.

The Steam store usually updates at 6pm GMT, so they probably just jumped the gun a little bit. If it's not up in an hour, we know something is a bit odd.

Out today? This and SCD are apparently hitting Steam today. Weird.

Quote from that article:

Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode 2 will launch on PC later this year, Sega also said.

Wait a minute, what? Where did Sega said that?

Edited by Nik1895

Yep. God knows why they're trying to sell Sonic 4 at $10 though when Sonic CD is such a better package at $5. Gameplay differences and quality aside, Sonic CD has what, 7 acts and bonus unlocakbles? Sonic 4 has...4.

Edited by Tiller

Just played it now and... well, it couldn't be a more direct port of the 360 version. Same high exposure on Sonic making it look like there's a really bright light shining on him all the time, those awful textures, lame cel-shading and no anti-aliasing. Way to put some effort in there, SEGA!

Just played it now and... well, it couldn't be a more direct port of the 360 version. Same high exposure on Sonic making it look like there's a really bright light shining on him all the time, those awful textures, lame cel-shading and no anti-aliasing. Way to put some effort in there, SEGA!

Isn't this why they decided to port this joke? ...To make the fans fix all the shit of course!

62720695.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9

I am really looking forward to seeing how people mod Sonic 4. Progress with doing wacky stuff will probably be a LOT faster than Generations.

They should of stuck with the iPad version. Maybe update it a little to look better graphically. (Water)

• Thumbs Up 1

I half-expected them to use the iPad versions graphical updates. But just get a load of this.

2012-01-19_00003-1.jpg

That's 1680x1050. The textures are painfully low res and blurry they look like JPEGS. You can see lines where the plastic grass loops, jaggies on all the models and there's no excuse for such a low res hud. Sooooo bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, so this port is something of a Porting Disaster? Oh, what a shame, especially after the Polished Port of Sonic CD. I honestly was hoping that this version would get the "iPad HD" treatment...

That looks absolutely awful. Brings on the mods I say!

Then again, I wonder if even mods can save this atrocity...

Any idea if anyone over at Retro are on the case yet? The only way I'd even consider buying this was if there was some sort of miracle mod, though I know there won't be much in the way of mods for a while yet. Would just be nice to know if anyone's planning anything, is all.

I am really looking forward to seeing how people mod Sonic 4. Progress with doing wacky stuff will probably be a LOT faster than Generations.

Lower your expectations. Just because there's a PC version doesn't mean people are suddenly going to bother making hacks for it. Especially if the fanbase isn't very fond of the game.

Well that's a shame, I was hoping that maybe there would be some improvements in the PC version since it took so long to come out onto Steam. Ah well.