Awoo.

Spike VGA 2011 Topic

Detective Shadzter

Good lord! That was amazing!

Platinum Games is involved!? Suddenly it's gone on my want list =p

God that trailer looks fantastic, plus Platinum Games is developing it? Hell Yes.

And yet everyone in the comments hates this, because it doesn't look like Metal Gear. *sigh*

lol and it's blocked already.

Can we use this time to go around and throw bricks at the people saying how it doesn't look like metal gear? When thats probably the point.

Can we use this time to go around and throw bricks at the people saying how it doesn't look like metal gear? When thats probably the point.

I do like though how the trailer still contained a bit of that Konami bonkers outlandishness that we've come to experience over the years...

VENGENCE RISING! REVENGE RISING!

REVENGENCE!

REVENGENCE RISING! RISING!

I'm fighting a giant robot whilst running up it's arm and as I do I'm MONOLOGING!

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's back up on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksnpfpxF760

Just watched it. It looks epic, and now I know Platinum Games is involved, I definitely want this. I've never even played a Metal Gear game before. I notice they've changed the title from Metal Gear Solid Rising to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. I guess they don't want this to be a part of the Solid series after all?

Jesus Christ that trailer is so over the top and extreme...But Platinum Games' involvement is very alluring. Kind of makes me wonder if there was some kind of staff shake-up during development.

And just like that, it's gone again... Good thing it's not From Software, otherwise we'd have black phantoms being sent to your house to physically destroy your computers.

Oh well, only 3 hours 20 min to go... then we can all have the pleasure of watching people complain about it in the various live stream chats that we can't disable.

Hmmm... first it was Transfaring, now it's REVENGENCE! Anyone else think Kojima is trying to invent a new word with every game?

>sees the trailer with SSMB orgasaming over it

>goes to Gamespot's System Wars to see the reaction

>they absolutely despise it

Edited by Neon

http://www.joystiq.c...er-hd-announce/

We cornered skateboarding figurehead Tony Hawk on the red carpet at this year's Spike Video Game Awards to get the skinny on that big announcement he has planned for the show -- as it turns out, the announcement is ... a Tony Hawk game! "Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD" will apparently take "select" levels from the first two Tony Hawk titles, HD-ify them, and wrap it all up in a neat digital package for "digital platforms" sometime in the first half of 2012.

Hawk told our man on the ground, Mike Schramm, that classic levels "School" and "Downhill" would make appearances, but didn't let on any more. The game will assuredly get a blowout tonight as the VGAs commence, so stay tuned! Or, uh, go watch old trailers of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 and 2. Either/or.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD will be the first entry in the series after an ambiguously worded shuttering of the franchise by publisher Activision late last year. Clearly the series isn't quite dead yet!

YESSSS!!!! FUCK YES TAKE ALL MY MONEY! I really hope this HD Remake will make the THPS rise out of the Extreme sports video game grave :D

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft
  • Thumbs Up 2

MY GOD MAN! *Throws his arms out into the air*

Tony Hawk has announced a Tony Hawk game! With skateboards! And Parks! HOORAY!

...Well I can't really complain... I did buy the very first Tony Hawk game when it came out.

Meanwhile, Duke Nuken just announced this.

drwhonukem530pxdph.jpg

Not sure if it is VGA related since Duke wasn't invited on the grounds of his newest game being kinda crap, but it does seem a bit of a coincidence that the VGA's are tonight and they're announcing this now. It's new DLC by the way.

Edited by Hogfather

Well the new DNF DLC was announced yesterday. But maybe there'll be a preview on the VGAs, who knows....

EDIT: Pre-show is about to start soon.

Edited by Yong

The UK stream is live!

No audio yet but theres a bunch of people talking outside a... wall.. .

We are go folks! Streams just went to the pre-show, audio and video.

We've got Amanda who is wearing enough makeup to tarmac the M18.

And some guy who looks like the bastard love child of the devil and Jesus.

Now some other guy is talking who is wearing a suit which seems to have come from the same place as my grandmas doormat did..

Did Jesus Satan really just compare Hitman to Assasins creed? Now I've not played either of those for a while... but they're not the same are they?

• Thumbs Up 1