Awoo.

Gamers could be war criminals?!

Mick

What the hay? Are they nuts?

"THE Red Cross is investigating whether 600 million gamers are violating the Hague and Geneva conventions when they kill and blow stuff up for fun."

http://www.news.com.au/technology/gaming/six-hundred-million-gamers-could-be-war-criminals-red-cross-says/story-e6frfrt9-1226216184190

I can't believe this news story. Ah and I checked it... it's pretty recent. I think it's ridiculous. They're only blowing up stuff digitally and no one is getting hurt by it.

This is fucking ridiculous. Not only that, but it's STUPID.

I blew up a robot to free the animal inside, and now I'm going to jail. Thanks, Red Cross.

• Thumbs Up 3

God dammit. This doesn't even make any sense. If this really was in violation, SOMEONE would have noticed by now.

Can I get the Cliff's Notes version? I'm too busy killing hookers to read it. You know, practicing for real life since the lines between reality and fantasy are so blurred.

Edited by ChristmasJack
  • Thumbs Up 3

case closed, faith in humanity is restored by 0.0001% yadda yadda yadda. Glad to see it's fake.

• Thumbs Up 1

It would be nice to see games trying to create realistic war scenarios, e.g. Battlefield, adhering to the international laws of war, with severe consequences for breaking them. Outside that niche market though, there's no cause or justification for bringing them in.

Shame, I would've Loved to Hear the Red Cross' plan to bring 600 Million People into Jail

....altough I have a Faint Idea how it would've looked like.

Oh, thank god it's fake. It's still stupid, and the people who wrote it up are even stupider for having done so.

If I get my hands on them, I'll...

Story is fake. Topic is unneeded. Google your sources. Yadda yadda (:

-Locked-

• Thumbs Up 3