Awoo.

Badnik Mechanic

Sonic has ditched the Green Grass of the Green Hill Zone and taken to the stars as a memeber of the Galactic police force. Sonic Cosmo Fighter Galaxy Patrol (SCFGP) sees Sonic take the role of Galactic Pilot, his mission is to save his friends who have been kidnapped by Doctor Eggman's various spaceships and he must blast and boost his way through a series of levels in order to rescue them and restore peace to the galaxy.

Sonicspace.jpghe3zh.jpg

Players can update their ship with additional weapons upon defeating Eggman and even get a speed boost or two upon doing certain objectives.

And after 18 years.... we finally have some video of it! ... well actually... we had some video of it in August... only nobody noticed it got uploaded until someone over at retro found it and posted it today.

Most people don't even know that this game exists, it's such a rare arcade cabinet due to it's bulky size and the age of the unit. Why is this find a big deal? Because as far as I can tell, this is the only footage of this game that exists, whilst theres photos of the unit, no video has been made of it until this one got uploaded, it's quite an interesting looking arcade unit, the whole thing moves and tilts when you boost, not to mention Sonic in a space fighter... and some people complained about him being in a car?

Well anyway, during a trip to China earlier this year Alpha3 of Sonic Paradise managed to find a working unit and filmed it in action. He also documented his trip and what the machine/game was like to play.

So there you go.

I should have been mean and left the status up about this being a new Sonic game... just to see how many people thought it was a "new" sonic game. =p

Edited by Hogfather

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badnik Mechanic

• Sean

• Octarine

• Your Vest Friend

I heard of this eons ago back when The GHZ was still being updated. It's really fucking incredible that someone managed to get footage of this game - looking forward to the day we get some info on the other Sonic patrol car.

I heard of this eons ago back when The GHZ was still being updated. It's really fucking incredible that someone managed to get footage of this game - looking forward to the day we get some info on the other Sonic patrol car.

Well from what I can make out it sounds to be Takeshi Kusao, reprising the role from SegaSonic the Hedgehog. I can only assume he was also the voice of Sonic in patrol Car. Something to think about.

There is a video of that, I watched it about a week ago, it's not great but it's quite surprising what it does, I can try and find it for you if you like?

Sure. YouTube doesn't turn up any results for me whenever I search for it.