Awoo.

Sonic Editoral for East of Nowhere (Currently on hiatus)

CrownSlayer’s Shadow

So will i just post my thoughts here or something. Or when will be able to post out thoughts?I'm just really curious because i have a lot of stuff i want to say. I'd be happy to do gameplay and what went wrong.maybe fandom and gaming media but as of now i'm leaning towards the first one.

Edited by The Boostin Reinhog

Hooo Boy!

I better get started on what I intend to contribute. Will try and draft something up before Christmas, hopefully over the next couple days.

So will i just post my thoughts here or something. Or when will be able to post out thoughts?I'm just really curious because i have a lot of stuff i want to say. I'd be happy to do gameplay and what went wrong.maybe fandom and gaming media but as of now i'm leaning towards the first one.

Since the first two points are going to be on Gameplay and What Went Wrong, I'm going to have to speak with Dissident and Shadic on how they're going to make their introductions to the topic first before they start taking in other contributors responses, but I have to see their part of the Introductory first and add it with the rest of the editorial. They may be finishing with some other work as I did hear Dissident was taking his exams, so we can't rush them.

In the mean time, I guess I'll make the decision to limit contributors to 3 categories to have with 6 people per category, and make cuts where the other editors deem necessary. I can begin on the Character part of the editoral and wait for the other editors Introductory paragraphs.

So with that said:

Gameplay (Leader: Shadic93)

The Boostin Reinhog

Indigo Rush

What Went Wrong (Leader: Dissident)

Scar

Characters (Leader: ChaosSupremeSonic)

Marco

Indigo Rush

Semjax

Jus-Dan

Candied Sugar Plum1984

Story (Leader: Nepenthe)

DC111

Semjax

Fandom (Leader: Verte)

Gaming Media (Leader: Marco)

Scar

Candied Sugar Plum1984

I already know what other categories I want to speak in, but I'll let a few others have a head start before I make my claim.

Let me give Marco and Indigo Rush their spots. Marco said he wanted to speak about characters and Indigo isn't going to be around for a while, but he already made a contribution that I can use. If things don't work out, we'll make arrangements. I may just have you guys make 2 paragraphs instead of 3, so be prepared just in case.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I think, what I'm going to talk about will be leaning heavily towards the "What Went Wrong " section, with perhaps a little of it linking to (but not being a direct part of) the gaming media and the fandom. I think the gaming media and fandom are parts of what went wrong with the Sonic Franchise.

CSS. I'm not entirely sure if it would work or not, but I was thinking of writing something along the lines of "looking to the future" or something. Would that be a good idea?

If you still have room for anyone else, I'm up to contribute. I have a lot of thoughts on this series and some free time now that my semester's over.

I think, what I'm going to talk about will be leaning heavily towards the "What Went Wrong " section, with perhaps a little of it linking to (but not being a direct part of) the gaming media and the fandom. I think the gaming media and fandom are parts of what went wrong with the Sonic Franchise.

Eh, sounds a little greedy right now since not everyone has picked their other topics. So I'll give you What Went Wrong for right now and see where everyone else is going to choose.

CSS. I'm not entirely sure if it would work or not, but I was thinking of writing something along the lines of "looking to the future" or something. Would that be a good idea?

Sent the idea to Brandon to see if we can work it in. If he approves, then we'll add it.

I definitely want to talk about Story, and perhaps Characters too if there are spaces still available once other people have picked. Should we just PM you our comments? Any idea when each of these sections of the editorial is supposed to be put up?

No, definitely don't PM me your comments because that would flood the mess out of my PM Box. :lol:

You would send your comments here, so it would be better for others to read it. If you have any questions, you can ask the editor leading the category, and if there are still concerns, you can ask me.

I like to talk about the characters and the gaming media and their attitude towards the franchise and the fandom in general.

Edited by candied sugar plum1984

I was thinking characters too. Since I look for something deeper in the characters I choose to admire. As well as being one of the few Big The Cat fans of this forum. (Although, there's a lot more here then I thought there would be) I might also consider Story, but that's only if there's space in the group. If more people want to cover story, I will happily step down. smile.png

Note: It me! "Just-Dan." Or "Dan-imeJ86." We're all the same guy. tongue.png

I'm beginning to wonder what everyone else is doing, because these spots are filling up fast. I may need to rework this if people have problems with the categories they weren't able to get.

You know what I think might work? Get people on board a chance to pick the main topic they would like to talk about and a secondary topic. That way if their main gets filled up, there is something to jump back on. Popular topics will get filled up quicker of course, and how you deal with those choices is up to you. Could be seniority or an application process. This doesn't mean they wont be able to contribute their thoughts on the topic, since the final editorials will all be controlled by the head writer.

Remember, this doesn't want to look like a bunch of different voices, it needs to sound like one cohesive voice. That's the job of the main writer, and myself if they need help with structure and phrasing. We don't want to confuse readers, but everyone contributing under the head writer will be involved in submitting their thoughts so that way their points can be included in the final work. Everybody contributing is contributing information and points of view on the topic, they will also have a great deal of responsibility on the end of quality control. Make sure that not only is the final piece easy to read, but does it speak well for the point of enlightening and bringing some attention to Sonic?

I am i no way going to put a time limit on this, I want to see this entire series be the best it can be, and it will take work. During and after its submission.

Another idea I have for getting people into the right categories, if certain areas fill up before others, use these boards to petition the areas that need people. Put word out that, topic 1 and 2 are full, need people to contribute for topic 3 and 4. So and so forth until each one has its people.

Lastly, the last idea. After the articles are done and ready, I think we should put them up here on the boards. Let other members read over them and add to them, compliment them, give their say. Just so that we have that one final step of quality control, as well as, another line for board members to give their two cents. How do these ideas fit with what everyone is thinking?

Oh, and one more thing. Who do you all think this article should be speaking too? Having a particular audience that we are speaking to will help focus the writing.

Should it be speaking to other Sonic fans?

The general gamer fan that has begun to dismiss Sonic?

The gaming media that may be misrepresenting Sonic?

The developers of Sonic?

Other audiences I'm currently not thinking of?

There should always be one constant audience an article like this should be speaking to, but depending on the topic, you can give a word or two directed towards others.

• Thumbs Up 1

If it makes things any easier for you, I really don't care which topic I get- all of them are of substantial interest to me.

Actually that makes it harder. It would be better if you made a choice.

I'll help out with the story. You guys seem to have all the Character help your gonna need.

An announcement to make.

We have a completely new topic for discussion "The Future of Sonic". Credit to Scar for bringing up the idea. Now we have more room for discussion for anyone to make their thoughts known.

An announcement to make.

We have a completely new topic for discussion "The Future of Sonic". Credit to Scar for bringing up the idea. Now we have more room for discussion for anyone to make their thoughts known.

Well, I started it, so I will have something to say about it.

When do we need it done by.

Hey guys, just writing to say that I'll get started on my part on the 26th. I'm not home right now and I've had very little access to the net over the past few days, y'know, Christmas travels and whatnot. ._. Wish I could've started sooner..

It's kinda hard for me to talk about gameplay because the only Sonic games I have played are Adventures 1 & 2, Unleashed, Rush, and Generations.

Unless simply seeing the gameplay on a video and then making observations about that counts?

Well, I started it, so I will have something to say about it.

When do we need it done by.

For the Future? That'll be one of the last places to cover, so at the moment we're not worried about it. You can still work up a mock work so that you're prepared for when we get there.

Is it too late to ask if we can contribute? I'd also like to help if there's any space left, but you already seem to have a rhyme and a rhythm to how this is going to work out with how people get sections.