Awoo.

Should Taxman take on Knuckles Chaotix?

VO.SUPER

This thread has been long too quiet. There have been a number of good points here. While we can all debate about wheter or not we need a heavy duty enhancement, or simply a straightforward port. Personaly I think either would work, a straight port would allow people who have possibly even never hear od the game a chance to play it. An Enhanced upgrade would do that and go the extra mile.

So feel free to contribute your thoughts. Personaly I am consider forming a petition, may do nothing, may do something, but I think we need to get the word out that there is hope and demand, what do you guys think? Heck for that matter, I am wondering what Taxman thinks? anybody want to try and track him down and ask him for his thoughts?

There is a very cool hack of Knuckles Chaotix, where Mighty The Armadillo's sprites were recoloured so that he looks exactly like Sonic. It looks great (considering Mighty's sprite was a blatant recolouring of a Sonic sprite in the first place). We definitely need a playable Sonic and Tails in an enhanced re-release.

Skip to 0:56

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c-5mSYbgog

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 2

Taxman should definitely port this. People have limited access to the game( you can only play it on a 32x or an emulator) and could be introduced to it without having to play it on those. Add Sonic and Tails, and I'm all good.

I'm surprised people actually hate this game. The level designers got a little too happy with those weird sideways half-pipes and sometimes the tether physics were dumb, but other than that I thought it was a blast to play.

I'd love a remake of it because then I'd be able to play this with my sister without having to sit around my tiny monitor. As far as who ports/remakes it, I don't care if it's Taxman or not. Someone just needs to do it already.

I'm surprised people actually hate this game. The level designers got a little too happy with those weird sideways half-pipes and sometimes the tether physics were dumb, but other than that I thought it was a blast to play.

I'd love a remake of it because then I'd be able to play this with my sister without having to sit around my tiny monitor. As far as who ports/remakes it, I don't care if it's Taxman or not. Someone just needs to do it already.

Thats what I was essentialy saying, maybe we should make a petition.....

I;d support it, just so I could actually play the thing without emulating it.

• Thumbs Up 2

i'dsay yes as it's the only main series (by that I mean console games, not stuff like the waku waku games) that anyone without the original console doesn't have access to. Anything with Sonic attached to it would make sega a profit so I don't see any reason not to release it. 

As for it not being canon, as far as I remember the jury was still out on that and it doesn't really matter anyway we've  had ports of plenty non-canon games  and it's never bothered us before....

• Thumbs Up 1

IIRC Iizuka said that the Chaotix's canonical debut is Sonic Heroes.

I'd like to see Chaotix get a revamp. The rerelease of Sonic CD was fantastic, so if Chaotix get a similar treatment, SEGA have an instant customer here! :D

I think it's a nice way to squeeze some of the cast in, so I'd agree with the idea of adding Sonic and Tails. (That Sonic mod is awesome; I love how he spins the ring on his finger at the Clear screen! :D) The only things I don't like about it are the music (it sounds kinda samey to me; I'm pretty sure the Mega Drive games had better music!) and the special stages.

This looks like an okay game with awesome music and style, I'd play a remake without the tag-team gimmick that had Genesis physics.

Objection, Your Honor.

Knuckles' Chaotix, while a game played by few due its poor platform and never receiving a port or remake, is a rather flawed game in my opinion.

The Partner system, while unique and interesting, is a concept that worked better on paper, and the level design and everything is so... bland. I never played too much of it, but as far as I know, enemies are scarce and rings are aplenty, giving little to no risk and difficulty whatsoever. The characters are also very unbalanced, Charmy being able to fly all over the place while Heavy and Bomb are pretty much just paperweight minus the paper.

Theoretically, Taxman could give the game a tad of polish to make it worthy of a remake, but looking from the ommission of Desert Dazzle and Final Fever yet again in the remake of CD, I doubt that Sega would allow such adjustments to be done. Pity, as Chaotix would need much more to be altered than CD does.

Ok, since this is porting related, and the most recent, I am going to post this here. I am putting together a petition requesting SEGA to do a port of Knuckles Chaotix to help show the demand for it, since they are already in a bit of a porting spree, might as well try and cash in on that! I will post the link soon

here is the link, not going to double post
http://www.change.org/petitions/sega-a-petition-for-a-port-of-knuckles-chaotix-for-consoles-and-pc

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

• 3 months later...