Awoo.

Fan Concepts for Sonic Games

Chaos Warp

So this topic is to discuss fan concepts of Sonic games. You can post them (your own or other people's), discuss ones that have already been posted, and such. It can be a boss idea, a level idea, a gameplay mechanic, level gimmick, anything! I will start by posting a link to SONIC AETHER, by NickinAmercia on DA, also known on Youtube as NickonAquaMagna2:http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/gallery/28600966?offset=0. While I think the story is a little iffy, I love his level concepts, and the "classic in 3d" momentum-based gameplay they seem like they (his levels and bosses) would have.

Thoughts? Discuss!

First order of business is to get classic Sonic mechanics in 3D. I don't care how many times it's been said, until they start doing it, it's going to keep being said.

I've been thinking about the ability to "attach" to any surface on command. And by that I mean, say you're jumping/falling against a wall; press a button and Sonic will spin, plant his feet on the wall, and (assuming you've got enough speed) start running on it. It'd open up more options for playing around with the environment, rather than only being able to attach at certain angles.

And I think it'd be fun to steal some gimmicks from the Portal games, considering both they and Sonic play around with your momentum. Not that I'd give Sonic a portal gun, but there could be portals as level gimmicks, and surfaces that work like the first two gels (although the bouncy stuff isn't too different from springs, once you take away the whole throwing gel around the room part).

First order of business is to get classic Sonic mechanics in 3D. I don't care how many times it's been said, until they start doing it, it's going to keep being said.

If you want that, I think you will like Sonic Aether (in the OP) which is exactly that. And while I do love modern gameplay, I still think it would be awesome to see a classic-physics in 3d game at least once. So I do agree with you on that, to an extent.

Implement Classic physics, but also keep the boost for the next game, but have that boost serve as the gimmick of the game. Or rather, more specifically, the use of the boost.

Plot (Warning: Very half-assed and only serves as get the gimmick going): Eggman is currently at a base of sorts, having his robots mining around the area searching for jewels (perhaps the Chaos Emeralds again). Suddenly, Sonic shows up in an effort to thwart Eggman again. Cue Act 1/2. Sonic reaches Eggman within the facility, but Eggman's plans have not been completed yet, so Eggman attempts to retreat to his main base of operations so he can work from there. In order to escape from Sonic, Eggman unleashes a squad of about 3 or so very advanced robots that serve as his Elite Guard, much more durable than the other robots and filled to the brim with crazy gadgets and moves. Boss fight for Stage 1 begins.

The battle between the Elite Guard and Sonic is quickly showing signs of becoming a stalemate; the robots are capable of sustaining all of Sonic's hits, and Sonic is able to avoid all the attacks the Guard sends his way. Amidst all the chaos during the fight, Eggman shoots a projectile directed towards Sonic's super shoes. It's a direct hit, and a small gadget latches on to the shoe. Eggman then taunts Sonic about how his plans are mere days away from coming to fruition, and then teleports away with his Egg-o-Matic. With their mission to protect their master complete, the Elite Guard also make their escape. Sonic is confused by the ominous message, seeing as he thrashed this particular base, but brushes it off and decides to chase after Eggman, whereever he is, confident that with the speed his boost provides him, he can find Eggman no matter where he is at, and stop him.

Unfortunately for Sonic, Eggman foresaw Sonic taking pride in his Boost ability to help him out. Recognizing how the abilities of the Elite Guard served him well during the prior fight, Eggman surmises that if the Elite Guard were to intercept Sonic regularly, Eggman would have ample time to complete his plans for world domination. He rewires the Elite Guard so that they are equipped with heat sensing devices, fine-tuned to locate the heat giving off the friction forces acting on Sonic's sneakers when he uses the Boost to move faster.

*Come up with your own conclusions here, just make sure to include a fusion of the Elite Guard and Eggman's final mecha as the ultimate ultimate boss.*

And therein lies the gimmick I had in mind. The boost would still be a signature move of Sonic's, but Eggman, having fully learned the awesome might the technique gives Sonic from past conflicts (Rush, Unleashed, Colors, Generations), develops a way to force Sonic to slow down so that he doesn't attract attention. Alongside a Boost Gauge that goes down the longer Boost is used, there would also be a heat gauge that goes up the longer Boost is used, representing the amount of frictional heat Sonic is giving off from the use of the Boost, and is being monitored by the gadget latched onto Sonic's sneaker.. If the heat gauge reaches a certain threshold, the Heat Anklet Eggman latched onto Sonic would start to glow, warning the player that he's using too much of the Boost and that he needs to slow the hell down for a bit. If the heat gauge reaches its maximum, the Anklet gives off a blaring warning sign, warning the player that the Elite Guard can now detect Sonic through their heat-sensing equipment, and will arrive in a matter of seconds. Given how tough the Elite Guard are for Sonic (as provided by the stalemate implied in the cutscene), it's guaranteed that Sonic will have to spend a considerable amount of time confronting the approaching Guard, wasting seconds on the clock and hurting the player's score. In certain areas of the levels - particularly large open areas where use of the boost is encouraged - if the Elite Guard is locked onto Sonic's position, the Guard will unleash a massive onslaught of weaponry on Sonic as well as the terrain, completely destroying platforms and other areas Sonic would have been able to transverse originally, and as such Sonic has to go through a longer, more obstructed, slower path to reach the goal. This forces the player to be smart with the use of the Boost ability: Can he just boost for a few seconds to get to a platforming section, or is he confident in boosting the entire way and avoiding the Elite Guard's assault when they inevitably arrives? Is there a way to implement Classic-like Physics to get through the stage easier, perhaps faster, or is going the long, wide pathway with the Boost the right thing to do? Decisions, decisions.

Basically, the concept I had in mind was to make the Boost a technique that comes with consequence that is not limited to just flying off the stage to inevitable death. Make the use of the boost, or lack thereof, a plot element so that the player understands that the use of the Boost is something he or she needs to pay considerable attention to.

Edited by Icy Wind
  • Thumbs Up 2

Anyone familiar with the iOS game Tiny Wings?

I'd absolutely love for SEGA to release a similar mini game using Classic Sonic. Replace sliding with rolling, yellow coins with rings, blue coins with springs, throw in a few loops, add some enemies that you can land on and bounce off of, and replace the islands with unique zones and I think you'd have an awesome game.

So, it wouldn't exactly be original, but I think it would be fun and charming.

Edited by Spooks of Christmas Past
  • Thumbs Up 3

I've been thinking about the ability to "attach" to any surface on command. And by that I mean, say you're jumping/falling against a wall; press a button and Sonic will spin, plant his feet on the wall, and (assuming you've got enough speed) start running on it. It'd open up more options for playing around with the environment, rather than only being able to attach at certain angles.

You mean kinda like spine transferring and acid dropping in the Tony Hawk games?

Would add a cool dynamic.

• Thumbs Up 1

No doubt I've done this point to death in various forms, but I feel as though the sticking to walls thing is something Sonic should do by default - just pick up enough speed and collide with a wall (depending on which angle you approach it from - hitting it head on would scale it vertically for example, whereas hitting it close to parallel would result in a horizontal wallrun). Then if you need to exploit slopes properly or want to detach from the wall, you could just hit your crouch button to move into a roll that trades the ability to run freely across any surface for the ability to kill things and gain an absolute fuckton of momentum on downhill slopes.

Your method could work too, granted, but I feel like this would save the trouble of setting overspecialized functions to seperate buttons, which is kind of a pet peeve of mine when it comes to games with potentially absurd expectations for reaction times.

Here's what I'm thinking:

A Sonic Rush sequel that allows the player to switch between dimensions mid-game, at the player's will.

Plot: The game starts out with an assassin trying their hand at Blaze's life. Blaze peruses, and while chasing the attacker, they press a button on a bracelet gadget. He warps away, leaving a portal. Blaze follows and winds up in Sonic's dimension, and beats the everliving shit out of the assassin, and takes the cool gadget. She finds Sonic and Tails quickly, because apparently Eggman's fulfilling his bi-weekly attempt-to-take-over-the-world quota at the moment. Cue crazy dimension-hopping adventure, learning more about Blaze's world, specifically her kingdom.

Gameplay: It would play similar to the other Sonic Rush games, but with a twist: At the cost of one full boost bar, the player can warp between dimensions, redirecting them to a world a lot like the one they just left, but with plenty of key differences. For example, Blaze's world's Pumpkin Hill doesn't have pumpkins; it has skulls with mine shafts located in the mouths. They also keep momentum while this is in the works: To avoid an apparent inevitable impalement on spikes the player can warp to a different dimension, to try his luck. Instead of getting acupuncture done by the level, you fly up a ramp.

If you're going to throw in obstacles that require you to switch dimensions to avoid, then I think it would be better if the switch mechanic didn't have an upcost to it. There was a game for DSiWare called Flip Champion that has a similar mechanic, and I think it might help here. Assuming this is on the DS or 3DS, imagine your main screen is the top screen, with the level you're currently running around in, and on the bottom screen is opposite dimension running alongside with a ghost image of Sonic/Blaze. With the other version of the level running simaltaneously the player would then be able to see when and where to switch.

do i need to mention it again

no

too kiddy

I WANT DECAPTIATIONS AND MASS GRAVES AND EGGMAN ROBOTS GUNNING DOWN ORPHANS THEIR FRAGMENTED BONE SPLINTERS PROPELLING INTO ONLOOKERS EYEBALLS, CIVIALNS BEING GORED TO DEATH BY ROBONIKS MACHINES, AND DEEPER AND EDGEIER CHARACTERS, SHADOW IS A CRACK ADDICT, ADDICTIED TO CRACK, ROUGE IS A PART-TIME STRIPPER, AND EVEYRONE'S ORGANS ARE HARVESTED FOR THE CHAOS GOD. and amy and sonic will have the most hardcore hedgehog love scene the world has ever seen. There will be entrails being splattered everywhere, sonic will mureder eggman in cold revengence by spindarshing into his face and grinding his brain matter and tissue into gooey gucamole.

THERE WILL BE SEX, DRUGS, VIOLENCE, ADULT AND MATURE THINGS NOT FOR LITTLE FUCKING KIDS

I WANT

SONIC: BUCKETS OF BLOOD

sonic was my favorite game as a kid, and i dont want it to be no damn kids game.

Ahem, after all you need to appeal to the sociapathic part of the fanbase somehow.

An open world sonic mite be kool, provided GOTTA GO FAST would be just as exciting as like say being Spidey in SM2 and shotting web and using the stick em powers and doing whatever a spider can doesnt afraid of anything.

Edited by Jolly Jacky
  • Thumbs Up 1

And I think it'd be fun to steal some gimmicks from the Portal games, considering both they and Sonic play around with your momentum. Not that I'd give Sonic a portal gun, but there could be portals as level gimmicks, and surfaces that work like the first two gels (although the bouncy stuff isn't too different from springs, once you take away the whole throwing gel around the room part).

I don't think something like that would work in a Sonic game.

Go into the sonic 1 debug mode, build up some speed, and press B to change into whatever. Move around to somewhere, and press B again to revert back to Sonic. Whatever momentum you had before pressing B is "remembered" and as soon as you're back as Sonic, it is instantly applied to you.

I'd love to tun that into a game mechanic somehow.

I guess no one will complain if I put the link for my idea of a Sonic Game here:

Where it is now, it seems it'll be abandoned, it have 220 views but no replies...

Drunk Robotnik with added swearing and pingas

What I would like to see is something like Sonic 06 where different characters are playable but each character is unique (unlike SA2).

I would also want a more complex story as well. Something SATAM based but with the characters from the games (but there could be some cameos from the SATAM characters as a tip of the hat to the fans)

Edited by iVYWREATH

Drunk Robotnik with added swearing and pingas

What I would like to see is something like Sonic 06 where different characters are playable but each character is unique (unlike SA2).

I would also want a more complex story as well. Something SATAM based but with the characters from the games (but there could be some cameos from the SATAM characters as a tip of the hat to the fans)

First: Make other characters playable.

Second: Bring back all scrapped characters including Tiara but not Honey.

Third: Use the scrapped levels from Sonic 2 and Sonic X-treme.

Fourth: Bring Back Tails and Knuckles super forms.

First: Make other characters playable.

Second: Bring back all scrapped characters including Tiara but not Honey.

Third: Use the scrapped levels from Sonic 2 and Sonic X-treme.

Fourth: Bring Back Tails and Knuckles super forms.

I'd like to have Honey in the series, she could be an idol character of the series biggrin.png

I'd like to have Honey in the series, she could be an idol character of the series biggrin.png

SHe was just a Sonic version of some other character from some other fighting game.

Did they even start work on X-Treme levels?

There was:

Jade Gully

Red Sands

Galactic Fortress

And another stage I cant remember.

Implement Classic physics, but also keep the boost for the next game, but have that boost serve as the gimmick of the game. Or rather, more specifically, the use of the boost.

Plot (Warning: Very half-assed and only serves as get the gimmick going): Eggman is currently at a base of sorts, having his robots mining around the area searching for jewels (perhaps the Chaos Emeralds again). Suddenly, Sonic shows up in an effort to thwart Eggman again. Cue Act 1/2. Sonic reaches Eggman within the facility, but Eggman's plans have not been completed yet, so Eggman attempts to retreat to his main base of operations so he can work from there. In order to escape from Sonic, Eggman unleashes a squad of about 3 or so very advanced robots that serve as his Elite Guard, much more durable than the other robots and filled to the brim with crazy gadgets and moves. Boss fight for Stage 1 begins.

The battle between the Elite Guard and Sonic is quickly showing signs of becoming a stalemate; the robots are capable of sustaining all of Sonic's hits, and Sonic is able to avoid all the attacks the Guard sends his way. Amidst all the chaos during the fight, Eggman shoots a projectile directed towards Sonic's super shoes. It's a direct hit, and a small gadget latches on to the shoe. Eggman then taunts Sonic about how his plans are mere days away from coming to fruition, and then teleports away with his Egg-o-Matic. With their mission to protect their master complete, the Elite Guard also make their escape. Sonic is confused by the ominous message, seeing as he thrashed this particular base, but brushes it off and decides to chase after Eggman, whereever he is, confident that with the speed his boost provides him, he can find Eggman no matter where he is at, and stop him.

Unfortunately for Sonic, Eggman foresaw Sonic taking pride in his Boost ability to help him out. Recognizing how the abilities of the Elite Guard served him well during the prior fight, Eggman surmises that if the Elite Guard were to intercept Sonic regularly, Eggman would have ample time to complete his plans for world domination. He rewires the Elite Guard so that they are equipped with heat sensing devices, fine-tuned to locate the heat giving off the friction forces acting on Sonic's sneakers when he uses the Boost to move faster.

*Come up with your own conclusions here, just make sure to include a fusion of the Elite Guard and Eggman's final mecha as the ultimate ultimate boss.*

And therein lies the gimmick I had in mind. The boost would still be a signature move of Sonic's, but Eggman, having fully learned the awesome might the technique gives Sonic from past conflicts (Rush, Unleashed, Colors, Generations), develops a way to force Sonic to slow down so that he doesn't attract attention. Alongside a Boost Gauge that goes down the longer Boost is used, there would also be a heat gauge that goes up the longer Boost is used, representing the amount of frictional heat Sonic is giving off from the use of the Boost, and is being monitored by the gadget latched onto Sonic's sneaker.. If the heat gauge reaches a certain threshold, the Heat Anklet Eggman latched onto Sonic would start to glow, warning the player that he's using too much of the Boost and that he needs to slow the hell down for a bit. If the heat gauge reaches its maximum, the Anklet gives off a blaring warning sign, warning the player that the Elite Guard can now detect Sonic through their heat-sensing equipment, and will arrive in a matter of seconds. Given how tough the Elite Guard are for Sonic (as provided by the stalemate implied in the cutscene), it's guaranteed that Sonic will have to spend a considerable amount of time confronting the approaching Guard, wasting seconds on the clock and hurting the player's score. In certain areas of the levels - particularly large open areas where use of the boost is encouraged - if the Elite Guard is locked onto Sonic's position, the Guard will unleash a massive onslaught of weaponry on Sonic as well as the terrain, completely destroying platforms and other areas Sonic would have been able to transverse originally, and as such Sonic has to go through a longer, more obstructed, slower path to reach the goal. This forces the player to be smart with the use of the Boost ability: Can he just boost for a few seconds to get to a platforming section, or is he confident in boosting the entire way and avoiding the Elite Guard's assault when they inevitably arrives? Is there a way to implement Classic-like Physics to get through the stage easier, perhaps faster, or is going the long, wide pathway with the Boost the right thing to do? Decisions, decisions.

Basically, the concept I had in mind was to make the Boost a technique that comes with consequence that is not limited to just flying off the stage to inevitable death. Make the use of the boost, or lack thereof, a plot element so that the player understands that the use of the Boost is something he or she needs to pay considerable attention to.

That could be really interesting, as long as more playable characters can be made available along the way and that after the story is complete you can go through the stages again free from Elite Chasing, free to Boost at your will laugh.png

And of course... SUPER SONIC FTW!!! biggrin.png

She was just a Sonic version of some other character from some other fighting game.

That's right. But even so, a scrapped character can always be made anew...

Edited by XRick

If you're going to throw in obstacles that require you to switch dimensions to avoid, then I think it would be better if the switch mechanic didn't have an upcost to it. There was a game for DSiWare called Flip Champion that has a similar mechanic, and I think it might help here. Assuming this is on the DS or 3DS, imagine your main screen is the top screen, with the level you're currently running around in, and on the bottom screen is opposite dimension running alongside with a ghost image of Sonic/Blaze. With the other version of the level running simaltaneously the player would then be able to see when and where to switch.

Well, it's not MANDATORY to switch dimensions. It's not like every path leads to a dead end and the only way out is to swap dimensions, or you die instantly upon hitting those spikes. There should always be a way for a player to complete a level entirely in one dimension, and start out in whatever one he wants; when you master the dimension jumping thing, you'll be able to beat the level faster than in either dimension without dimension hopping. It's also useful for exploring, where teleporting at certain points in the level can lead you to a secret room filled with goodies, a special stage, or a MASSIVE shortcut.

And this mechanic could work in boss fights too. About to get pushed off the battle area by the boss with a giant indestructible plow? Dimension hop into the version of the base that has no boss in it, and then jump back in, behind the plow, and hit the boss pushing it.

Recently 1up had a contest where fans had to create their ideas for a Sonic game and win a 20th Anniversary http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9092429 (here you can find other people

s idea)I entered the contest and I won! Here is my idea http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=6203770 and for those who don't want to click on it I'll put it right here:

The Gameplay:

Sonic will be the only characther in story mode. With characters being available in missions (that might relate to the story though they can only be unlocked in mission mode all retaining Sonic gameplay with their respective abilities) or two-player mode.

I think Generations proved that Sonic can have both speed and platforming in 3D so I will dropped the whole 3D/2D aspect and just be in 3D. Sonic will still have his homing attack, light dash, drifting, wall jump, and the stomp. The boost will be available only if Sonic gains enough speed and maintains it (though his normal speed will still be fast):

scan0001bi.th.jpg

The classic Spin Dash would comeback though this time with an added feature called the "homing Spin Dash" which like the homing attack it would be used to attack nearby ground enemies and leave the homing attack for flying enemies:

scan0004ma.th.jpg

This will prevent from the gameplay to slowdown and allow for more dynamic. For example if there are flying enemies near ground ones Sonic could be allowed to perform a homing attack without stopping as long as the enemy is lock on (the x button will be for the spin dash/homing spin dash and the homing attack will be the A button). Here is a sketch to illustrate this point:

scan0002lb.th.jpg

Another move Sonic will have will be his Sonic tornado from the game Sonic heroes. Some enemies need to be more difficult so shields or spikes can be added to them making it impossible to hit them without hurting Sonic. So the Sonic tornado move will disable their protection allowing Sonic to hit them.

scan0003cp.th.jpg

Apart from being able to being able to have skill set like in Sonic Generations power ups will be available for Sonic. They will based on his shields from Sonic 3 though with new abilities. The lightning shield can cause an electromagnetic pulse that will short circuit enemies around Sonic and activate doors or switches that need electricity allowing Sonic to take alternative routes. The fire shield can allow Sonic to create a blast/explosion that will destroy enemies and break walls that will again allow Sonic to take alternative routes. The bubble shield will allow Sonic to swim/float on water levels and allow him to explore the water stages better or get back to the surface. All will prove invulnerability on their respective elements (immune to electricity,fire, and not drowning).

scan0008wv.th.jpg

All of these abilities will make the gameplay not stale and allow for some high-speed gameplay while at the same time involving the player in the environment and platforming.

Continue from my previous post:

The Levels:

The levels will have a high, middle, and low path like pretty much every Sonic game. Though enemies will be more difficult and fast to attack than previous Sonic games to add more challenge to the levels. Like always if one wants to reach the high path one will have to pay attention for springs or routes that will take them there though enemies will be setup in order to prevent the player from getting there or to knock them out of it. Bottomless pits will more common the lower one goes but will not be featured as much in the higher and middle path since I believe this is fake difficulty.

There will be 12 zones with two acts for each zone. Though each act will feature a mission that will make the player be interested in the level and not just go through the act just because. For example Robotnik is about to drop a bomb in the middle of the city and Sonic has to catch up to him in order to stop him and a certain time to get there. This will have each act a meaning and if failed a cutscene showing Robotnik winning will play making the player play the act again.

scan0005dr.th.jpg

Also each zone will have its own event/action that one can perform. To put some examples on a beach level Sonic can surf in some areas as alternative paths, in a mountain level sonic can hang-glide, or in others be able to use enemies as vehicles (using a Buzz bomber or a buzzer as flying vehicles).

scan0007m.th.jpg

The levels will have that surreal feel that the old games used to have even though if they are based on real life places. The world of Sonic can be a place where this can be done and not feel out of place. A city based on paris with the Eiffel tower surrounded by futuristic buildings can be in the game. The levels should also have different sections to it using the Paris sample one can choose to be in the upper city or go into the subway where one can run through the train tracks and depending where a train is coming one will have to take a different route.

scan0009tt.th.jpg

Sub-bosses will comeback after completing Act 1 and bosses after Act 2. The enemies will be different from each other and required different strategies to defeat. Using the sample from above after Sonic catches up to Robotnik he releases the bomb set to explode in 2 minutes. The twist will be that the bomb itself is a sub-boss and one will be required to destroy its arms and legs since if he hits the body it is going to explode. This will allow the story to progress and challenge the player to find out how to defeat the boss and progress to the game.

scan0006ca.th.jpg

Special stages will comeback and be access through rings like the ones in Sonic 3. Though instead of being the special stages we are used to it will be races or combats against the Sonic cast (even obscure characters). For example a race using extreme gear agains the babylon rouges, a fight against Nack the Weasel, a competion against Mighty the Armadillo, stopping Bean and Bark from stealing a Chaos Emerald etc. This will allow the characters to be used in something other than just standing around or in cutscenes.

The Story:

This game will be set in the last fight against Robotnik. After years of suffering defeat the Doctor will snap and in an effort to destroy Sonic he will pull all the stops to defeat him. Even his creations and plan will reflect this and seem crazier and more violent. Also he won't be grimdark but just seem more a goofable maniac wanting to destroy everything.Sonic will more cocky and arrogant and not such a goody goody two shoes and see the fight against Robotnik more as a chore though as the story progresses he will learn that he is the only one that can stop Robotnik and save the wordl. His friends will have reasons to join the fight Robotnik with Knuckles being there because the Doctor stole the Master Emerald, Rougue looking for Shadow who dissapeared after Robotnik appeared again (allowing the story for him to appeared as a rival to Sonic after being brainwashed by Robotnik) and so on. Each character will appeared with a mission so it won't look like they are just there for the ride. The story will throw a twist that after the Super Sonic fight and everything seems won Robotnik will appeared again and have a good old fashioned final fight with normal Sonic. The game will end with a cliffhanger as to whether Robotnik survived or didn't.

That is what I would do if I could do a Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Man... You really thought this all out, huh?

Well, despite me not being very receptive of everything you set there, I can say I could like alot of trying that game of yours if it ever were to come to light cool.png

I had an idea of mine as well (you can check it ) but it was more of an idea for a revamping of the Classics so I guess it wouldn't count on that contest... sad.png

Edited by XRick

Man... You really thought this all out, huh?

Well, despite me not being very receptive of everything you set there, I can say I could like alot of trying that game of yours if it ever were to come to light cool.png

I had an idea of mine as well (you can check it ) but it was more of an idea for a revamping of the Classics so I guess it wouldn't count on that contest... sad.png

Well I just started thinking that if they really are going to change Sonic's gameplay in the next games how will they do it. I am a journalism student though I had to take a graphic design class (it was more about color schemes and designing logos and posters) though the professor said always research what people have done in the past so I just mixed some ideas of the classic games and added with some stuff from recent games. For example the Spin Dash had to comeback BUT it couldn't be the same spin dash from the classic or from Sonic Adventure for example, to make it seem new and innovating there has to be something new about it. The same goes for the shields from Sonic 3 in that they are the same elemental shields with new abilities.

The thing that I am excited is that Sega would actually get the blogs and read them so maybe if they find something of value they might use it or something (I hope)