Awoo.

[3DS] Rhythm Thief - Sega's Latest Rhythm game

Autosaver

6150759960_c6775936ee_s.jpg6150208591_7450e05c88_s.jpg6096350537_876dc2bfc9_s.jpg6150209165_13ef86cdbc_s.jpg6096352759_0c53b6dde2_s.jpg6236117036_4fda8e77a3_s.jpg6096896416_e58d11a490_s.jpg6096899390_8e69f1166a_s.jpg6096892850_6f9fb4a72a_s.jpg

Rhythm Thief (Also known as Rhythm Thief R in Japan) & the Emperor's Treasure is an exclusive for the Nintendo 3DS. The game is made by Sega and cameos many of Sega's other rhythm games such as "Space Channel 5" and "Samba De Amigo". The game looks great and I'm probably going to pick it up once it comes out. Definitely one of the must-own titles for the 3DS. I haven't seen the game getting attention and it would be unwise to ignore it. Support Sega and support this IP!

The game stars a boy (Raphael ) and his dog named Fondue. His father left him and left him a coin with an unique mark. A necklace on the Louvre has a similar mark so he sets out to get it. Along the way, unexplainable things happen such as Emperor Napoleon returning from the dead.

It looks like it'll be a TBA 2012 release. I'm hoping it sells good and maybe Sega will go back and do more with their rhythm franchises.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 3

It's almost as if Professor Layton, Segagaga, and Rhythm Heaven all got together one night and had one explosive baby of unmatched musical proportions. Great concept, too.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can't wait for this game, the following video pretty much cemented my need for this game:

By the way, kid's name is Raphael

Absolutely love rhythm games, and this game involves the microgames with a nice story and other neat things. Instant buy.

My only complaint is that the English voices aren't the best. The story trailer has a lot of monotone moments and laughable voice overs.

"Who are you."

"please help me"

"pardon me... come on"

Nice SP5 throwback there. I was already interested in this game, but now it's become a must have when I finally own a 3DS.

Oh god, throwbacks to both Space Channel 5 and Samba de Amigo, I wonder what other game will get a few references here. Can't wait to get this!

There's actually a demo of the game officially by SEGA you can play online:

http://eb-trialdl.po.../WebPlayer.html

Ironic that there probably won't be an actual demo for it on the system. Then again, this is coming from SEGA; the company that still hasn't managed to sort out their * and get a few measly manuals online despite the games having been ready since September.

This is one of those times I must forget how much I dislike the character design and enjoy everything else about the game.

• 1 month later...

Gameplay Footage

Showtime! music video trailer

The game is shaping up nicely. I can't wait for it to come out. =o

edit: oh god that thumbnail

Edited by Autosaver

• 1 month later...

According to the eShop, it's out in the USA! Anyone got it yet? I'm really looking forward to picking this one up!

Aw man, I guess it isn't out?

Edited by Cola

• 3 weeks later...

Europe's eShop has a demo since thursday, and holy shit, this game's awesome. Or at least the demo is. It has three levels (the demo of course): In the first one, you dance in front (or on) various sights in Paris, in the second one, you run through the Louvre, hiding behind statues so the guards don't see you and in the last one, you fight against the minions of the bad guys. The music is awesome, the control works perfectly and the graphics look beautiful. If you live in Europe and got a 3DS, download the demo, it probably won't disapoint you.

Edit: First review: Nintendo World Report: 90%

Edited by Thigolf

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.joystiq.c...uctu/#continued

Game MIGHT HAVE BEEN Cancelled for US - Not an April Fools Joke (Deals with SEGA's financial problems).

Edited in to play safe, I guess I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions.

Edited by Autosaver

It doesn't mention anything about the game. So, yeah, gotta say you're trying to pull a really bad April Fool's joke.

• Thumbs Up 3

It doesn't mention anything about the game. So, yeah, gotta say you're trying to pull a really bad April Fool's joke.

The plan also includes a narrowing of Sega's lineup, to focus on franchises that the company expects to sell in the US and Europe, including Sonic, Football Manager, Total War, and Aliens. That refocusing means some games have been canceled, though specific titles were not announced.

SEGA has made the decision to consolidate its publishing business in order to focus on developing digital content and driving its existing IP such as Sonic the Hedgehog, Total War, Football Manager and the Aliens franchise. This realignment of the business around existing and digital IP is a necessity to ensure that SEGA continues to invest and enhance its digital business offering, whilst reducing its reliance on traditional packaged goods.

Nope, nothing at all.

Nope, nothing at all.

That doesn't mean that ALL or any of the smaller projects are gonna get scrapped in the US. It just means that they'll be putting most of their focus on those kind of games. Some smaller projects will most definitely come to the US. Edited by Hedgehogs Boost
  • Thumbs Up 1

Either you're doing a pretty bad job at this April Fools stuff or you're severely misinterpreting that entire announcement. They're not cancelling upcoming, announced games, they're merely reshaping their future market and are prepping to focus more on digital releases and popular IPs.

• Thumbs Up 1