Awoo.

So, who actually owned/ played the originals of...

-Mark-

I have more games for my X'Eye now than I did for the Dreamcast when I still had one that worked.

...for that matter, I have no real idea how widespread the Game Gear even was, back in the day. Oh, and who actually had a Multi-Mega? Anyone? D:

As a kid growing up I had a Genesis and Sonic 1-3&K along with 3D Blast and Spinball. But I never had a Sega CD, I wanted one but looking back on it now its pretty worthless, but I did however play Sonic CD when it came out on the PC. I still have all of my Genesis games too.

I never had a 32X but I hear Chaotix wasn't that great anyway. I didn't get to play Sonic The Fighters until Gems Collection for the GameCube. I kinda remember seeing Fighters in the Arcade at the local mall though.

I had PlayStation instead of Saturn, so much like Sonic CD I didn't play Sonic R till it came out for PC.

I have a GameGear, but only have Sonic 2 and Sonic Triple Trouble for it. I didn't play the other GG titles til SA:DX. I wasn't missing out on much though.

I've been getting Sonic Adventureand onwards all on their respective consoles brand new though.

And let's face it; while a good number of Dreamcast games are overlooked classics, the vast majority of Mega-CD games are utterly awful - that's why the former enjoyed marginal success and why the latter sunk like a rock.

I don't think so, no. There were more games on the system than FMV shit. 32x, certainly, but Sega CD? No.

The first Sonic games I ever played were Sonic 1 and 2, which my mother owned. We also got Sonic Spinball, Sonic 3, and 3D Blast over the years.

Played Sonic CD for the first time when I was 10; I'd always seen the PC version of the game on store shelves, but hadn't had a PC until that year to play it. I got it, the Sonic & Knuckles PC Collection, and Sonic R PC on the same day. Sonic CD ran perfectly, Sonic R had a great soundtrack that nevertheless annoyed my parents, but the Sonic & Knuckles collection had odd framerate issues on my computer where it would speed up to ridiculous speeds if the game was windowed.

Edited by Legendary Pine Tree

I got a Mega CD for my 18th Birthday some years ago JUST to play Sonic CD. This was before Gems Collection was ever released. And I don't regret it! There's just something so awesome about that Mega CD. I had the model that goes below the Mega Drive not at the side of it. The Mega CD + Mega Drive cost £50 from a Gamestation's front window whilst by sheer luck, I found Sonic CD in Birmingham's Rag Market for £10 (One of B'ham's Gamestation's at the time was selling Sonic CD in their Retro section for £50)

It was awesome. I loved my Mega CD <3 Got rid of it a few years later, which I kinda regret.