Awoo.

What ever happened to Hyper Sonic?

Shyanne Firefox

4 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

This logic doesn't follow at all. If we hadn't seen the Super Emeralds in S3&K, there would be no reason to assume the Master Emerald could "power up" the Chaos Emeralds like that. In fact the only "control" we see the Master Emerald having over the other emeralds in the Adventures is to shut them down.

If it could shut them down, it can power them up. 

7 minutes ago, Sparky said:

...Why?

No seriously, why? Shutting off the power to something, and actually adding to the existing power of something, are pretty different things. I see no reason why the Master Emerald HAS to be able to increase the power of the Chaos Emeralds. I mean, if it could, that would make sense, but it seems odd to say it just logically follows.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Sparky said:

That a switch can turn off a light does not mean that the switch can also make it twice as bright as normal. The logic does not follow.

• Thumbs Up 4

If my knowledge of Japanese lore serves me correctly, the Master Emerald was indeed literally nothing more than a divine off-switch. The gods saw people fucking around too much with the Chaos Emeralds and decided to finally step in. So the idea of it being able to amplify their power makes no sense from that angle, particularly since the Chaos Emeralds themselves are stated to have access to infinite energy somehow.

As the controller of the Chaos Emeralds, the Master Emerald should be fully capable of... well, fully controlling the Chaos Emeralds. The Master Emerald itself is already very powerful, so it should be fully capable of amplifying their power, negating their power, shutting them off completely, and other stuff. It's called the Master Emerald for a reason. 

That's nothing but conjecture on your part. Nothing about being able to control them, being the "master", or being powerful necessitates being able to make them more powerful.

• Thumbs Up 4